NBA Finals 2013 *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 3:57:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So far so good, it has all been laid out for us to see. The
San Antonio Spurs are up 2 games to 1. Now many of us believe that LeBron and friends will split this 3 game series
out West. But who here believes that San Antonio can win yet another road game there in Miami. Do you really think that this is how it will go down. =)
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 9:15:21 PM
Oh dayumm, that spurs run to tie it before the half, Tony Parker makes a couple beast shots, then BOSH, oh BOSH, putting it down with authority!
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 9:44:49 PM
At 6/13/2013 9:40:30 PM, stubs wrote:
Bosh is also writing a check to the NBA for that flop in the first half.

There's been flops on both sides tho from what I've seen. Bad foul call on the ware drive on Duncan. Duncan didnt touch him, but Wade is good at drawing fouls like that so it happens. Still, excellent game so far.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 10:03:57 PM
Second chance points are killing the spurs right now -_-
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 10:06:34 PM
Who flopped on the Spurs? I'm not one of those ridiculous heat haters so I hope you don't think that, but I can't remember which play you are referring to about a Spur player flopping
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 10:07:04 PM
At 6/13/2013 10:03:57 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Second chance points are killing the spurs right now -_-

Duncan wasn't in and the guards for the heat rebound so much better than the Spurs guards.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 10:09:09 PM
At 6/13/2013 10:06:34 PM, stubs wrote:
Who flopped on the Spurs? I'm not one of those ridiculous heat haters so I hope you don't think that, but I can't remember which play you are referring to about a Spur player flopping

I think it was Leonard when he was covering James. James backs into him to turn to the basket and Leonard went down. Looked like a flop to me, but it might not have been
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 10:13:55 PM
At 6/13/2013 10:09:09 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 6/13/2013 10:06:34 PM, stubs wrote:

I think it was Leonard when he was covering James. James backs into him to turn to the basket and Leonard went down. Looked like a flop to me, but it might not have been

That was Gary Neal. 3inch difference and a good weight difference theres no way the league will fine him for that but I would agree with you that that play was the closest to flopping by the Spurs.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 10:23:35 PM
Such bad passes by the spurs right now, they still have a slim chance, but they essentially need to play perfect, else this game looks done.

Way too sloppy these past five minutes, just, lookin ugly. And WTF is up with Ginobli on those threes? He's just not looking good right now -_-
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 10:27:28 PM
Oh wow, this is getting bad -_-, pops gotta be steaming
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 10:31:08 PM
At 6/13/2013 10:27:28 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

Spurs need to win the next game or it's over
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 11:17:28 PM
At 6/13/2013 10:31:08 PM, stubs wrote:
At 6/13/2013 10:27:28 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

Spurs need to win the next game or it's over

Pretty much, whomever wins next game will end up winning the series imo. Cause San Antonio will probably take 1 more in miami
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 8:45:28 AM
I went to bed before the game ended with about 4 minutes left. It was pretty obvious at that point that the Heat would win. They were up by around 12 points. Now we know how Popovich feels about taking out his star players when it's unnecessary, and clearly the Heat were making a run for it in the 4th. But do any of you think that Parker and Duncan should have been in? I don't remember what guards were in, but I don't think Neal and Green were both in. Should Pop have left in his best players to push and compete?

To come from behind with 6 baskets is not IMPOSSIBLE in 4 minutes. They had 4 minutes, not 4 seconds, not 40 seconds. I mean sure a Miami win would only even the series and not end it, but it's the FINALS. I dunno... that kinda irked me. Yeah, Parker was playing with a sprained leg or something but still. I would have liked to see the best players giving Miami a hard time at the end.

Also, I forgot that Miami would play at home in a game 7. That changes things, but I still think there will be a game 7 which is awesome. These are definitely the two best teams in basketball. What a good series so far!
President of DDO
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2013 9:15:18 AM
At 6/14/2013 8:45:28 AM, Danielle wrote:
I went to bed before the game ended with about 4 minutes left. It was pretty obvious at that point that the Heat would win. They were up by around 12 points. Now we know how Popovich feels about taking out his star players when it's unnecessary, and clearly the Heat were making a run for it in the 4th. But do any of you think that Parker and Duncan should have been in? I don't remember what guards were in, but I don't think Neal and Green were both in. Should Pop have left in his best players to push and compete?

To come from behind with 6 baskets is not IMPOSSIBLE in 4 minutes. They had 4 minutes, not 4 seconds, not 40 seconds. I mean sure a Miami win would only even the series and not end it, but it's the FINALS. I dunno... that kinda irked me. Yeah, Parker was playing with a sprained leg or something but still. I would have liked to see the best players giving Miami a hard time at the end.

Also, I forgot that Miami would play at home in a game 7. That changes things, but I still think there will be a game 7 which is awesome. These are definitely the two best teams in basketball. What a good series so far!

Great SERIES so far. But it will all come down to the wire I believe.
San Antonio has too many offensive weapons to just lay down and die. What do you guys think.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2013 9:31:22 AM
Danny Green is having one of the best finals performances I've seen. The guy is just, wow. But the biggest takeaway for the spurs wasnt that Green was still performing incredibly, it wasnt that they won, it wasnt Duncan or Parker's solid performances, it was that Manu Ginobli finally showed up and played like the Ginobli of old.

If Ginobli comes out and has another performance like he did in game 5, the Spurs take it in 6. If the spurs drop game 6, I honestly think it will be the Heat winning in 7.

It all really imo, comes down to how Ginobli performs, and the fact that Miami will likely finally, FINALLY stop leaving Green alone so often, will just open up the floor even more for Parker and Ginobli. I loved Parker's WIFOM at the post game press conference with wondering why Miami has been leaving Green at the three point line open so often. I bet Miami takes the bait and Parker and Ginobli dominate game 6, cause Green has been open so often because Miami's D has collapsed on Parker/Ginobli to help, when they drive to the basket.

Oh and Boris Diaw on Lebron is a good matchup for the spurs defensively. Diaw has size on Lebron, and competent enough speed to keep up with him. Makes one wonder why they haven't had Diaw guarding Lebron more often...
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2013 9:37:34 AM
At 6/18/2013 9:31:22 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
If Ginobli comes out and has another performance like he did in game 5, the Spurs take it in 6. If the spurs drop game 6, I honestly think it will be the Heat winning in 7.

I completely agree with this and everything else you've said.
President of DDO
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2013 9:39:27 AM
At 6/18/2013 9:37:34 AM, Danielle wrote:

If LeBron and Wade played like they did in game 4, the Heat will destroy San Antonio.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2013 11:24:49 AM
At 6/18/2013 9:39:27 AM, inferno wrote:

If LeBron and Wade played like they did in game 4, the Heat will destroy San Antonio.

They didnt exactly play terribly in Game 5:

James and Wade had 50 pts 10 rebounds, 18 assists, and 5 steals combined.

As compared to game 4 where they combined for 65 points, 17 rebounds, 8 assists and 8 steals.

Overall in game 5 Wade and James created by scoring or assisting in at a minimum though likely more given that I'm low balling this at 2 points per assist: 86 points

Game 4: 81 points

Overall wade and james scored/facilitated more points in game 5 then 6. Fact is, besides the blowout loss in game three, Wade and James both are actually having a great series, the spurs are simply beating them.

So no, the key to what won them game 4 wasnt wade and james, it was a total all around defensive effort. There is no way the spurs should've turned the ball over 18 times and still dropped 114 points. Yet they did... Why?

A 60% team shooting percentage. This isnt a good sign for Miami, because if the spurs are able come out and stay as efficient, and they are more then capable of doing so, especially if Ginobli stays hot and adds yet another force driving into the lane, then even if Wade and James score/create more points than they did in game 5, the heat will still lose.

And rest assured the spurs arent going to be turning the ball over as many times as they did in game 5 again. The series hasnt really been that way, a high turnover game for the spurs, seems to be followed by a low turnover game, and if the spurs keep it under 10 turnovers, they'll win, 95% of the time.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2013 12:07:38 PM
At 6/18/2013 11:24:49 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 6/18/2013 9:39:27 AM, inferno wrote:

They didnt exactly play terribly in Game 5:

James and Wade had 50 pts 10 rebounds, 18 assists, and 5 steals combined.

As compared to game 4 where they combined for 65 points, 17 rebounds, 8 assists and 8 steals.

Overall in game 5 Wade and James created by scoring or assisting in at a minimum though likely more given that I'm low balling this at 2 points per assist: 86 points

Game 4: 81 points

Overall wade and james scored/facilitated more points in game 5 then 6. Fact is, besides the blowout loss in game three, Wade and James both are actually having a great series, the spurs are simply beating them.

So no, the key to what won them game 4 wasnt wade and james, it was a total all around defensive effort. There is no way the spurs should've turned the ball over 18 times and still dropped 114 points. Yet they did... Why?

A 60% team shooting percentage. This isnt a good sign for Miami, because if the spurs are able come out and stay as efficient, and they are more then capable of doing so, especially if Ginobli stays hot and adds yet another force driving into the lane, then even if Wade and James score/create more points than they did in game 5, the heat will still lose.

And rest assured the spurs arent going to be turning the ball over as many times as they did in game 5 again. The series hasnt really been that way, a high turnover game for the spurs, seems to be followed by a low turnover game, and if the spurs keep it under 10 turnovers, they'll win, 95% of the time.

Even though the Spurs are to some the favorite, Miami is playing at home. AND they are known for flopping on the road especially after game 5. But this is LeBron James we are talking about here.
And I just think that they are forcing a game 7 simply because the league demands it. So don't be surprised if LeBron does what he did in game 2. =)
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 8:32:05 AM
I can't believe the Heat won!

(I'm rooting for the Spurs though I don't really care.)

When they were down by 6 in the 4th, I really thought that was it. LeBron looked SO upset lol and it made me happy for some reason. But kudos to the Heat for those back-to-back 3s with LeBron and Ray Allen. The Spurs really couldn't defend those shots; they caused LeBron to miss the first shot but his second was on point and Ray Allen is specifically a 3 pt threat, so that was just well executed by Miami.

I can't tell if I like LeBron or not. While I absolutely will not deny that he's the best player in basketball, there's something about him that people love to hate. And you know, I don't hold it against him that he switched teams. People switch teams ALL the time, and I don't see people boycotting entire organizations when the teams trade their players... but that's neither here nor there. I don't think LeBron owed it to anyone to stay in Cleveland and I think he made the right decision.

So maybe we just like to see people on top fall? Or struggle? Maybe it makes us feel better? Maybe that's why I hate Tom Brady so fvcking much. I dunno. It makes them more human. But I think the fact that everyone thought the Heat had it in the bag from day one plays a part. The Spurs are definitely excellent competition. This has been the best Finals I have ever seen. I do stand by what Budda and I said yesterday, and that's the fact that I think the Heat will win considering a game 7 in Miami. If the Spurs were gonna take it, last night was their chance.

WHAT THE FVCK DID GINOBLI DO WITH THE BALL IN THE LAST 5 SECONDS? Those were the only seconds of OT that I caught. I didn't watch the pundits after the game, so I dunno if people commented on it or if something happened directly prior to that last possession that caused such a massive choke. Didn't he run like 4 steps with the ball or something? I watched the game on and off so I can't gauge how Ginobli played overall.

Last night the Heat played a little timid; James and Wade were clearly nervous even though they performed well. It was do-or-die. But playing the last game at home when they're playing to WIN and not playing just to stay in it, I think, gives the Heat a big advantage. The only way I see the Spurs taking it is if Tony Parker gets really confident and inspires that amongst his teammates. If the Spurs play well offensively, get in rhythm early in the game and create a big lead for themselves going into the half, I think they can pull it off. I can't see them coming from behind to beat Miami at home in game 7.

I'll definitely be watching :)
President of DDO
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 9:38:46 AM
Parker and Duncan had great games, Green was well covered, which Parker took advantage of through himself and Duncan

Ginobli did not and had 8 points with 9 turnovers. Again, it came down to Ginobli, and Ginobli didnt show up.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion