Jump to topic:

Kidd named Nets Coach

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 12:34:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm a Knicks and Nets fan. I even liked/rooted on the Nets before they moved to BK, back when they were in Jersey and considered a joke of a team. Admittedly they sucked, which is why I went to more Net games than Knick games - they were a lot cheaper. Anyway, one of my favorite players, Jason Kidd, was on the Nets for quite some time; he was arguably their best player. He played for the Knicks last year, did well and has just retired. The Nets named him head coach right away. It's a pretty swift jump from uniform to suit. What do you all think about this move?
President of DDO
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 6:48:23 PM
He's a genius of player so I think he will be a good coach. Brian Shaw had way more experience and I would think he is a better coach but maybe the organization thought Kidd was a better fit. I actually think P. J. Carlesimo is the best coach available but the Nets already fired him for some reason which I don't think I will ever understand.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 4:09:02 PM
Kidd is my all time favorite player. My first NBA game I ever watched was him playing the Spurs in the Finals. Nets were my favorite team for the stretch when he was there. Kids to K-Mart. And then the entertaining Kidd to Carter. I hope Kidd can make D-Will even better, and hopefully he will be an amazing coach. I hope for the best. I really do not know though, Kidd is a genius PG, but not many great players are able to transition to great coaches. I hope he does better than Isiah Thomas and the Knicks debacle. Kidd has made multiple stupid off the court decisions, I know that shouldn't be a factor but it makes me question his judgement.