Jump to topic:

Fvck The Patriots

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2013 11:10:53 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
In a recent thread, people discussed reasons why they might be fans of a particular team. For a long time I have spoken adamantly about my strong DISLIKE for the New England Patriots. While some of my reasoning is indeed shallow and nonsensical, I do have legitimate gripes with the organization. As such I will essentially be cheering on ANYONE who faces the Pats... though I might support a Patriots player on my fantasy team ;) Nonetheless, I hope you all hop on my Anti-Pats bandwagon this upcoming season!

1. Of course, the Patriots have dominated the AFC East in recent years, much to the detriment of my New York Jets. Come on Ore_Ele -- surely we can lament on this one together!

2. SPYGATE. The Patriots are a bunch of cheaters.

3. Bill Belichick is much too serious about the game; he oversaw Spygate. He's also a douchey coach which I will elaborate on in later points.

4. Tom Brady can suck it. He's a phenomenal QB, but seems like an a$shole person. I don't like how he puts the blame on other people for the Patriots' failures (even when he's right). He doesn't seem like a leader I would enjoy following even though we'd probably be successful. Plus the guy is just easy to dislike and envy considering he's gorgeous, rich, tremendously talented and as a supermodel wife... #hatersgonnahate

5. The Pats have faced my Giants in 2 recent Superbowls (and lost!). It's been a fun rivalry, particularly because of the NYC vs. Boston dynamic which usually permeates baseball and has carried over into the more popular sport :P Seriously though, I'm sure I am biased but Boston fans are pretty obnoxious.

6. The Patriots heartlessly released Tiquan Underwood on the eve of Super Bowl XLVI. That's pretty fvcking cruel. The move had no disciplinary motive behind it - Belichick simply wanted another defensive lineman on the roster. INB4 That's The Coach's Job, to which I would reply that it may be so although I do think a certain sense of loyalty does or should exist between an employer and employee, or a manager and employee. Maybe that's the bleeding pro-labor side to me, but Underwood wasn't a scrub and he had probably waited his whole life for that opportunity. He came SO close after the Pats had already released him several times throughout the season. And yes, it was good for the other guy I suppose, but surely people would agree that there's something to be said about making it so far as part of a team and then losing your spot (as opposed to not coming that close all-together).

http://sports.yahoo.com...

7. The Pats also released defensive tackle Kyle Love two weeks after being diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes via a non-football injury designation. "Prior to the diagnosis, Kyle recently experienced unexplained weight loss, but since being diagnosed and having altered his diet, Kyle has regained most of the weight he lost, is in good health, and was not limited in any way during offseason workouts in which he was engaged up until being told he would be released."

Now again, this is DDO so of course someone is going to comment in defense of the organization citing that health is of paramount importance to their investment - and I get it. However players have gone through more serious injuries and illnesses before. Jay Cutler has type 1 diabetes which is even more serious. But I digress.

8. Aaron Hernandez was released as soon as he was officially arrested and taken into custody. Now I'm not saying that he's innocent - he probably isn't - but the Pats were quick to make that move and perhaps prematurely. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Now here I can see the Pats' POV more so than the last 2 points... I mean allegations of murder are different than say a diabetes diagnosis... but it's just further acknowledgement that the Patriots treat their players like gears on a machine instead of human beings - a talking point worthy of discussion after last year's NFL suicide and other revelations about a player's psyche.

http://espn.go.com...
President of DDO
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2013 6:04:26 PM
I've heard a lot of people argue that Tom Brady is a douche, but haven't seen many specific examples of it. What specifically has Tom Brady said and done that makes you believe this? I'm genuinely curious.
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 12:01:43 PM
At 6/26/2013 11:10:53 AM, Danielle wrote:
In a recent thread, people discussed reasons why they might be fans of a particular team. For a long time I have spoken adamantly about my strong DISLIKE for the New England Patriots. While some of my reasoning is indeed shallow and nonsensical, I do have legitimate gripes with the organization. As such I will essentially be cheering on ANYONE who faces the Pats... though I might support a Patriots player on my fantasy team ;) Nonetheless, I hope you all hop on my Anti-Pats bandwagon this upcoming season!

I've been a pats fan my whole life so hopefully this will be fun! (:

1. Of course, the Patriots have dominated the AFC East in recent years, much to the detriment of my New York Jets. Come on Ore_Ele -- surely we can lament on this one together!

Everyone hates the best. Could have seen this coming.

2. SPYGATE. The Patriots are a bunch of cheaters.

Yeah they are bad cheaters for getting caught, but to think that the majority of teams are not doing this kind of stuff is laughable and intellectually dishonest.

3. Bill Belichick is much too serious about the game; he oversaw Spygate. He's also a douchey coach which I will elaborate on in later points.

Don't care much about a coaches character. If he can win, you hire him, and he certainly wins.

4. Tom Brady can suck it. He's a phenomenal QB, but seems like an a$shole person. I don't like how he puts the blame on other people for the Patriots' failures (even when he's right). He doesn't seem like a leader I would enjoy following even though we'd probably be successful. Plus the guy is just easy to dislike and envy considering he's gorgeous, rich, tremendously talented and as a supermodel wife... #hatersgonnahate

Pretty much the same as above. Besides the fact that most great players do a lot of douchey things in every sport, that doesn't really matter as long they win.

5. The Pats have faced my Giants in 2 recent Superbowls (and lost!). It's been a fun rivalry, particularly because of the NYC vs. Boston dynamic which usually permeates baseball and has carried over into the more popular sport :P Seriously though, I'm sure I am biased but Boston fans are pretty obnoxious.

I think every fan thinks every other fan base is obnoxious haha. I agree with your point about the rivalry. I think it has been good for the game, and for the cities.

6. The Patriots heartlessly released Tiquan Underwood on the eve of Super Bowl XLVI. That's pretty fvcking cruel. The move had no disciplinary motive behind it - Belichick simply wanted another defensive lineman on the roster. INB4 That's The Coach's Job, to which I would reply that it may be so although I do think a certain sense of loyalty does or should exist between an employer and employee, or a manager and employee. Maybe that's the bleeding pro-labor side to me, but Underwood wasn't a scrub and he had probably waited his whole life for that opportunity. He came SO close after the Pats had already released him several times throughout the season. And yes, it was good for the other guy I suppose, but surely people would agree that there's something to be said about making it so far as part of a team and then losing your spot (as opposed to not coming that close all-together).

It's a business

7. The Pats also released defensive tackle Kyle Love two weeks after being diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes via a non-football injury designation. "Prior to the diagnosis, Kyle recently experienced unexplained weight loss, but since being diagnosed and having altered his diet, Kyle has regained most of the weight he lost, is in good health, and was not limited in any way during offseason workouts in which he was engaged up until being told he would be released."

Now again, this is DDO so of course someone is going to comment in defense of the organization citing that health is of paramount importance to their investment - and I get it. However players have gone through more serious injuries and illnesses before. Jay Cutler has type 1 diabetes which is even more serious. But I digress.

It's a business.

8. Aaron Hernandez was released as soon as he was officially arrested and taken into custody. Now I'm not saying that he's innocent - he probably isn't - but the Pats were quick to make that move and perhaps prematurely. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Now here I can see the Pats' POV more so than the last 2 points... I mean allegations of murder are different than say a diabetes diagnosis... but it's just further acknowledgement that the Patriots treat their players like gears on a machine instead of human beings - a talking point worthy of discussion after last year's NFL suicide and other revelations about a player's psyche.

http://espn.go.com...

C'mon, when has it ever been innocent until proven guilty in reality. Actually Mrs. Craft was always very careful about what players her husband brought into the organization. I think saying they treat there players like a machine is well exaggerated, but nontheless I think it is a reason why they have been so great.

While I am a Patriots fan, I thought you had many good points and I liked hearing your opinion.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 12:59:13 PM
At 6/26/2013 11:20:50 AM, orioleking1 wrote:
Pittsburgh is better

Hey we actually agree on something.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
orioleking1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2013 8:43:43 AM
Ikr. I like the red wings yoi like the senators. I like the Orioles, you like the Red Sox. I like the wolverines, you like the blue devils.
Homeslice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2013 9:16:31 PM
Im only a patriots fan because I am a fan as a requirement of my birthplace and upbringing. I have to be honest, If I live in a place far away from any NFL team I certainly would NOT choose the Pats as my team of choice. However, I feel that at this point I am beyond switching teams. "Yolo," as the rapper Drake would say.
FrackJack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 3:22:25 AM
At 6/30/2013 8:43:43 AM, orioleking1 wrote:
Ikr. I like the red wings yoi like the senators. I like the Orioles, you like the Red Sox. I like the wolverines, you like the blue devils.
: At 8/8/2013 6:15:09 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
: The idiots are rebelling.

http://i.imgur.com...
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 5:46:55 AM
I was gonna say something but then I read the end of the Brady thing and I just was like yeah... IM A FELLOW HATER. Tom has WAYYYY TOO MUCH for his own good. LOL!
TSDN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2013 2:01:08 PM
I second this post cause Im still upset that my Raiders were robbed by the tuck rule a rule that didn't exist before the game started. They invented a rule during the game smh INJUSTICE
The Last Sports Network You Will Ever Join!
www.TheDebateNetwork.com
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 9:11:54 AM
At 7/14/2013 2:01:08 PM, TSDN wrote:
I second this post cause Im still upset that my Raiders were robbed by the tuck rule a rule that didn't exist before the game started. They invented a rule during the game smh INJUSTICE

The Patriots are one of the greatest football teams of all time.