Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Vikings = Superbowl Contenders?

realmadridfan
Posts: 14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 7:54:57 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I just want your guys' opinion...mine is no, they really don't have prolific win so far this season, and they looked helpless as they fell to The Steelers and (soon to be) Cardinals
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 8:25:25 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/6/2009 7:54:57 PM, realmadridfan wrote:
I just want your guys' opinion...mine is no, they really don't have prolific win so far this season, and they looked helpless as they fell to The Steelers and (soon to be) Cardinals

lol, yeah right
kfc
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 8:31:03 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I hope so. I've been a fan since birth and have yet to see them win a Superbowl. Actually, I don't think they've ever won in the history of the franchise.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2009 8:33:19 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I think my Colts will win the Super Bowl if they lose one or two games in the next couple of weeks. I don't want them to become arrogant like the Patriots and go into the Super Bowl losing to the NYG ;)
sllewuy
Posts: 89
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 9:34:49 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/6/2009 8:33:19 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I think my Colts will win the Super Bowl if they lose one or two games in the next couple of weeks. I don't want them to become arrogant like the Patriots and go into the Super Bowl losing to the NYG ;)

Colts are going to go to the playoffs with an outstanding record then get to the playoffs and lose to a very good team because they play crap teams all year and wont be able to handle the challenge. But that's just my opinion. I want the chargers to make the superbowl. I think they will be the ones to knock off the colts again. they did it twice without LT
heart_of_the_matter
Posts: 408
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 2:29:33 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Yes. I think the Vikings are a legitimate contender. In their loss to Arizona they did not have Winfield...who was back for the Cincinnati game...which the Vikings won convincingly. Their offense is explosive (2nd in points scored) and their defense is strong. Brett Favre has been very good at ball possession (last game was a fluke throwing 3 ints.)...total of 6 all year is VERY good...and lack of interceptions is a HUGE bonus in the playoffs. Physically they can match up with any team. I think it will come down to a game between them and the Saints...I think the Vikings are definitely capable of beating the Saints...
Rob1Billion
Posts: 1,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 3:47:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
after the 07 Pats loss, in which they dominated everyone in every conceivable way until the very last moment in the season, I think it's pretty hard to predict these things any farther in advance then right before the superbowl.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 8:50:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/24/2009 3:47:40 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
after the 07 Pats loss, in which they dominated everyone in every conceivable way until the very last moment in the season, I think it's pretty hard to predict these things any farther in advance then right before the superbowl.

True, but Peyton Manning > Tom Brady

The numbers may not agree with me, but I believe it anyway.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 8:53:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/9/2009 9:34:49 PM, sllewuy wrote:
At 12/6/2009 8:33:19 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I think my Colts will win the Super Bowl if they lose one or two games in the next couple of weeks. I don't want them to become arrogant like the Patriots and go into the Super Bowl losing to the NYG ;)

Colts are going to go to the playoffs with an outstanding record then get to the playoffs and lose to a very good team because they play crap teams all year and wont be able to handle the challenge. But that's just my opinion. I want the chargers to make the superbowl. I think they will be the ones to knock off the colts again. they did it twice without LT

The Chargers would be great contenders. I like the Colts a lot, but you do have a point -- their contenders this season were a breeze. The hardest teams they played were the Pats and the Ravens (and they're not even elite teams). Plus, they only beat the Pats by 1 and the Ravens by 2. Who knows...
President of DDO