I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 12:27:01 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Have yer pick lads (lasses) ;)

Premier League:

It roughly halfway through the season. I would be inclined to say Manchester United will win, but it's them or Chelsea, and as long as Manchester Untied don't screw up, they have a chance of overtaking Chelsea.

Arsenal will probably end up being 3rd, maybe 4th at worst. The other prized Champions League spot will go to Manchester City or Tottenham. Although Aston Villa are up there, I don't think they have the team to pull through. Liverpool at this stage will be lucky to get a Uefa Cup spot.

Portsmouth can already say goodbye to Top flight soccer for next season. Hull could easily go down after Bullard went off injured last match. Bolton and Wolves seemed to be doomed at the moment, however the likes of Everton or West Ham coudl slip up.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 12:28:57 PM
Being an Arsenal fan, I'm inclined to favor them :) But if it comes down to Chelsea and ManU, I'm rooting or Chelsea. ManU can suck it.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 12:44:45 PM
At 12/7/2009 12:28:57 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Being an Arsenal fan, I'm inclined to favor them :) But if it comes down to Chelsea and ManU, I'm rooting or Chelsea. ManU can suck it.

"ManU "

Have one of the best youth teams going

"ManU"

Are 6 points ahead of Arsenal
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2009 12:10:18 PM
At 12/7/2009 11:02:33 PM, USAPitBull63 wrote:
I'll go with the Red Devils.

w00t.

Also, this thread is shockingly dead.
realmadridfan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 12:42:35 PM
...the only forum category that's viewed on the most is the micellanous, it's depressing that members only look underneath that particular one....
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 12:59:23 PM
I'd say Man Utd as long as they can keep out of injury trouble (although they whuped @ss yesterday :D ). Also because Chelsea fans are a bunch of wankers and not a lot makes me happier than seeing tears in their eyes. Arsenal will, like you said, end up 3rd or 4th, but only because they have a fairly weak defense and their goal tending situation is atrocious.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 1:48:47 PM
At 12/9/2009 12:59:23 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
I'd say Man Utd as long as they can keep out of injury trouble (although they whuped @ss yesterday :D ). Also because Chelsea fans are a bunch of wankers and not a lot makes me happier than seeing tears in their eyes. Arsenal will, like you said, end up 3rd or 4th, but only because they have a fairly weak defense and their goal tending situation is atrocious.

Man. United are pretty screwed, but Chelsea will lose Kalou, Drogba and Essien over the Africa Nations cup.

United have had to call up 5 reserve defenders, but none (so far) have been utilised. They have 18 players other than the call ups. The only problem is Aston Villa. Will probably end up 6\7th, and that makes them formidable enough to deal with.

Anyway, United will need to sign some temporary defenders, and Sol Cambell is on the market, as well as any young up starts wanting to live the dream.
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 2:33:48 PM
Here's another question; Who do you think is set to replace VDS in goal after he retires (possibly at the end of this season)? I've heard a lot of talk about whether or not they should buy a new keeper or stick with Kuszczak, Foster and Amos and hope that one of them becomes world class.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2009 2:40:41 PM
At 12/9/2009 2:33:48 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
Here's another question; Who do you think is set to replace VDS in goal after he retires (possibly at the end of this season)? I've heard a lot of talk about whether or not they should buy a new keeper or stick with Kuszczak, Foster and Amos and hope that one of them becomes world class.

Ferguson has basically chosen Foster to succeed VDS, though people are uneasy over it, particularly since Fosters various basic mistakes. VDS will probably retire in 2011, so Foster should be capable by then for first team action.

Kuszcack isn't happy with this arrangement - He always though he would succeed VDS. He could end up like Tim Howard and leave, which would leave United in a pickle for a decent second choice Goal keeper.