Jump to topic:

Point of bulking and cutting?

Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2013 1:30:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Hey guys I am new to the whole weightlifting thing, I was told by my friends I need to start bulking, and then afterwards I gotta start cutting. I was just wondering what is the point of doing that?
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2013 9:32:59 AM
At 8/13/2013 1:30:25 AM, Loserboi wrote:
Hey guys I am new to the whole weightlifting thing, I was told by my friends I need to start bulking, and then afterwards I gotta start cutting. I was just wondering what is the point of doing that?

So you can throw lots of money at the supplements/body building market. Unless you are planning on getting into competition, don't bother with it.

Bulking is when you eat an excesses of calories while lifting to grow your muscles as much possible. Of course with excess you also have some fat. You then cut with an exercise regime to loose the fat while keeping the muscle. This is done right before a show for body builders.

You are just starting out. You don't need to rush bulking up. You can do it while remaining lean. Sprinters who are some of the most muscled guys around didn't need to follow a bulk/cut program.

The key is make sure you get enough healthy protein. The meats and milk protein are the standard, but look into a mixture of pea/brown rice/hemp protein. Then make sure you get in interval training and other types of cardio/weights training.

That way you get to be lean while you grow muscle mass, versus flabby big where you can't even see your gains under the fat.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:37:46 AM
Lifting is about determination... will-power. Either you can perform those reps or you can't. Bottom-line. Keep a journal and start light, slowly working your way up. Remain consistent in your improvement on paper. Everything else means nothing.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.