Any football fan here?

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2013 12:46:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/24/2013 12:37:34 PM, Cermank wrote:
Any predictions on the English premium League?

I call dibs on Manchester United. Although I want Chelsea to win.

I think Manchester City has a fairoy good chance to win it too, and you can never really count out Arsenal either. I think a plausible underdog to steal it away from the perennial favorites in the four teams mentioned would be West Bromich (spelling?). Romelu Lukaku(spelling? Lol) is a phenomenal talent and has the capability to be the EPL's leading goal scorer imho.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2013 12:59:16 PM
At 8/24/2013 12:46:33 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

I think Manchester City has a fairoy good chance to win it too, and you can never really count out Arsenal either. I think a plausible underdog to steal it away from the perennial favorites in the four teams mentioned would be West Bromich (spelling?). Romelu Lukaku(spelling? Lol) is a phenomenal talent and has the capability to be the EPL's leading goal scorer imho.

If I had to pick an underdog, it would be West Ham.
Ashton
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2013 4:16:38 PM

I think Manchester City has a fairoy good chance to win it too,
lol
and you can never really count out Arsenal either.
lol
I think a plausible underdog to steal it away from the perennial favorites in the four teams mentioned would be West Bromich (spelling?).
Mega lol. Arsenal, liverpool and spurs are "underdogs" in that they have next to no chance of winning and would be major thing if they did. WBA doesn't have bloody snowball's chance in hell and certainly wouldn't be my pick from an non-traditional winner.
Romelu Lukaku(spelling? Lol) is a phenomenal talent and has the capability to be the EPL's leading goal scorer imho.

lol. 17 goals and he's van persie. He wouldn't make my top 10 to get the golden boot. Either way, he's not exactly bale talent to carry a fairly mediocre team even into the top four (not even bale managed in the end anyway)
Also the gunners are bidding for him so he's likely to ditch WBA for the lure of champions league football.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2013 4:16:55 PM
At 8/24/2013 12:59:16 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:

If I had to pick an underdog, it would be West Ham.

Trolololol
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2013 4:28:35 PM
Chelsea - good transfers with Willan, Eto o and Schurle, also Morinho
Manchester United - New manager is the main reason I'm not giving them top place. Moyes will probably have a shakey start to season. Still an absolutely stellar team which blew away the competition last year

The battle for third and fourth place will be more interesting. I'm a gambling man so;
Spurs take third place. Their Bale sell for a whole new team could end a disaster. On paper though the players they bought are excellent. However, any major change up in a team all at once is pretty risky.

Liverpool because they are the greatest and will destroy any other team.
I kid I kid.
Conservative bet with Man City. Strong team, played well last year but may just be outstripped by the competition.

Liverpool have the edge over the gunners for 5th place though because their 0 pound expenditure policy is even more daft than a spurs total team revolution. Also Sturridge is coming into his own as a player, working excellently with Cotinho, and the cannibal is sticking with the reds for another season.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2013 7:47:16 PM

At the end of last season, I decided I should become a football fan. I figured since normally a person is born into a team, it would only be fair that I picked without knowing the teams. I picked Newcastle United.

My prediction is that the Magpies are not going to win. Go Magpies!
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 1:57:13 AM
At 8/30/2013 4:28:35 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
Manchester United - New manager is the main reason I'm not giving them top place. Moyes will probably have a shakey start to season. Still an absolutely stellar team which blew away the competition last year

Lol, I dunno. I don't want to support ManU now just because of a sense of loyalty to Ferguson. Plus, Chelsea has Murinho. Their face off last week was so drab, I don't even know where to place my bets now. I'm partial to Chelsea though, just because. Although, team composition wise, ManU has an edge.

The battle for third and fourth place will be more interesting. I'm a gambling man so;
Spurs take third place. Their Bale sell for a whole new team could end a disaster. On paper though the players they bought are excellent. However, any major change up in a team all at once is pretty risky.

I kid I kid.
Conservative bet with Man City. Strong team, played well last year but may just be outstripped by the competition.

They have Pelligrini though. A massive improvement over Mancini. That might just have been the change needed. Dunno about Spurs. Saw their match with Crystal Palace (lol). They weren't really top form there, although that might have been because of the insanely low bar.

Liverpool have the edge over the gunners for 5th place though because their 0 pound expenditure policy is even more daft than a spurs total team revolution. Also Sturridge is coming into his own as a player, working excellently with Cotinho, and the cannibal is sticking with the reds for another season.

Dude. They outspent both ManU and Arsenals on transfers before their policy. And the high expenditure bought them nowhere near winning. That is actually one decision I think they were actually right on. But Suarez should be let out, keeping him is just a disgrace :/ And yeah, Coutinho. Agree.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 3:56:03 AM
At 8/31/2013 1:57:13 AM, Cermank wrote:
At 8/30/2013 4:28:35 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

Lol, I dunno. I don't want to support ManU now just because of a sense of loyalty to Ferguson. Plus, Chelsea has Murinho. Their face off last week was so drab, I don't even know where to place my bets now. I'm partial to Chelsea though, just because. Although, team composition wise, ManU has an edge.

I'm not supporting either. Fact is Chelsea has the edge because Moyes wont be able to get up to speed.

I kid I kid.

They have Pelligrini though. A massive improvement over Mancini. That might just have been the change needed. Dunno about Spurs. Saw their match with Crystal Palace (lol). They weren't really top form there, although that might have been because of the insanely low bar.
Most of Spurs strong new transfers have come in since then (as they were still beating about the bale). Man City have got strong players, but typically do poorly with them. They are a good bet for fourth, but by no means a certain entity.

Dude. They outspent both ManU and Arsenals on transfers before their policy.
Ya mug, the gunners are arsenal. Arsenal have spent a total of nil. Thats why I'm putting the reds above arsenal. jeez.
Admittedly confusing sentence structure but someone should 0 pound and think, well that is definitely Arsenal.

And the high expenditure bought them nowhere near winning. That is actually one decision I think they were actually right on. But Suarez should be let out, keeping him is just a disgrace :/ And yeah, Coutinho. Agree.
Nah, hes one of the best players in the EPL at the moment. Second best once bale goes. Keep him on a tight leash and its worth it.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 3:56:45 AM
At 8/30/2013 7:47:16 PM, slo1 wrote:

At the end of last season, I decided I should become a football fan. I figured since normally a person is born into a team, it would only be fair that I picked without knowing the teams. I picked Newcastle United.

My condolences.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 8:55:33 AM
Bah. Liverpool would win every year if the games were 60 minutes long. Still 1-0 against man u, but its only a matter of time if they keep playing like this. Sad after their domination in the first half.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 8:55:33 AM
Bah. Liverpool would win every year if the games were 60 minutes long. Still 1-0 against man u, but its only a matter of time if they keep playing like this. Sad after their domination in the first half.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 11:14:38 AM
Dat Sturridge. Only cost 12 million. Out playing VP. Scored a deciding goal in all 3 games. If keeps up how he was playing end of last season and this season, he has a shot at top goal scorer.
anze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2013 2:13:40 PM
English Premier League is really very strong, so there is difficult to predict the positions of the teams. But overall I suppose that in this season will Liverpool and Arsenal dominate, but there is also the question if this two clubs will be winning all the season. In my opinion there in England are 4 clubs, which fill be fighting for the title.... There is also Man. United. This club is reall in deep problems. I think that the leaders of the club should remove David Moyes, because, there is a big difference between leading Everton and Man. United

My announcement fo this season:

1. Liverpool
2. Man. City
3.Arsenal
4.Tottenham