Difficult while swimming

ragas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2013 7:31:57 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Hi Members,
I recently learnt swimming and i frequently do 100mts. Despite being practicing for about a year now i still find difficult to catch my breath.I still fill very uncomfortable while my head is inside the water and have to take out my mouth every 2 handstrokes.I quickly run out of breath when i do 4strokes without taking my head out of water.Is this the stamina issue or do i need to correct my technique of free style.

Thanks,
S.Singh
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2013 9:09:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/22/2013 7:31:57 AM, ragas wrote:
Hi Members,
I recently learnt swimming and i frequently do 100mts. Despite being practicing for about a year now i still find difficult to catch my breath.I still fill very uncomfortable while my head is inside the water and have to take out my mouth every 2 handstrokes.I quickly run out of breath when i do 4strokes without taking my head out of water.Is this the stamina issue or do i need to correct my technique of free style.

Thanks,
S.Singh

It is really hard to say without watching. I swim three times a week now and it took me some time to get in shape enough to be able to do the front crawl effectively. When I get tired, I do notice that each breath becomes more of an event where you feel like you are just trying to catch up. This generally happens when I'm not able to push myself through the water as powerfully. When you loose speed you get a very different dynamic as far as taking a breath.

1. How far can you swim without stopping?

2. Do you feel the same with your breathing when you start the 100 m as you do when you are towards the end of the 100 m?

3. When you do turn to breath how much are you turning your shoulders? Does your opposite shoulder dip towards the floor of the pool and you rotate your torso so your face is further out of the water? Or Are you just turning your head to your shoulder to the side and the torso is relatively flat?

4. Last question, how much power are you getting from your arms. You going pretty fast speed wise or slow?