Jump to topic:

Toughts on the NFL season.

birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2013 8:00:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So far, this has been a very interesting season. There are some suprise teama, like Miami and Kansas City, as well as some struggling Super Bowl contenders, like Atlanta and San Francisco. Seattle looks like the best team so far, but Denver isn't far behind. Who do you think is the best teams so far? Do you think Kansas City and Miami can keep up their success? Can Atlanta and San Francisco rebound from tough starts?
Ashton
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2013 6:54:32 PM
At 9/22/2013 8:00:37 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
So far, this has been a very interesting season. There are some suprise teama, like Miami and Kansas City, as well as some struggling Super Bowl contenders, like Atlanta and San Francisco. Seattle looks like the best team so far, but Denver isn't far behind. Who do you think is the best teams so far? Do you think Kansas City and Miami can keep up their success? Can Atlanta and San Francisco rebound from tough starts?

Some thoughts...

- Miami is NOT the real deal.

- The Chiefs success isn't all that surprising. I picked them as my dark horse team before the season began. They made some really good personnel changes in the off-season that I think will compliment their roster perfectly. They won't win their division, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they make it to the playoffs. I think they'll get a WC spot along with the Texans.

- The Denver Broncos are currently hands-down the best team in the NFL. I can't think of a defense likely to stop that offense anytime soon. At this point I don't see how they can NOT make the Superbowl if they keep playing at this level.

- The Seahawks are probably the best in the NFC and will likely take their division. The Niners are off to a slow start, but I think they'll improve. Will it be enough to earn a WC spot? Right now I would guess yes.

- Atlanta and the Texans have suffered some tough losses. Both of them seem to outplay their opponents, but sadly don't come out with the W's. I expect good things from both of these teams throughout the rest of the season.

- What's going on with the NFC North? I haven't been keeping up with the Packers and Bears as much as years past. I know the Lions are giving them a run for their money this year (from what I've seen). I don't think I've seen a Packer game yet this season... hmm.

- My favorite team, the New York Football Giants, are definitely among the current worst in the NFL. These past 4 weeks have been absolutely painful to watch, and every week keeps getting worse than the last. The ONLY saving grace is that the rest of the division seems to be struggling also (the leading Cowboys are just 2-2). The only way we're making the playoffs is if we win the division, so from here on out I'm just rooting against other NFC East teams, especially the Cowboys. It's unfortunate to have to root against RG3 and the Shanahans (I kinda like them) but c'est la vie.

- I'm surprised at Tampa Bay's record. They're also 0-4 like the Steelers (who I kinda knew would suck this season) and the friggin Jaguars. I thought TB would be pretty decent this year though apparently Schiano isn't clicking with his players.
President of DDO
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2013 2:18:51 PM
TB has always been a up and down team. When they lose the put up a fight or get blown out and when they win, they verily pull it out. When you have a QB like freeman it is bound to happen. He can put up 400 - 500 yards in a game or throw 7 interceptions. You never know when he is going to show up.

I concur that the giants are sucking giant balls at the moment. Kind of sad but doubt they will make it. When RG3 and the redskins get rolled, it will be hard to stop them. They have way to strong of a diverse play style. Can run options or just slants and eat their opponent up when they play zone.

I think san fran will beat out the broncos in the end. They are playing well but kaepernick is just to good. When he catches his rythm he is hard to stop.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 10:04:18 AM
At 9/22/2013 8:00:37 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:

Well, now the Browns could be added to the list of suprise teams. How long do you think they can keep it up?
Ashton
Gandhi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 7:33:21 PM
Although it's early in the season, it seems like the best teams are so far out in front that it's relatively safe to make playoff predictions now.

NFC
1. Seattle - they're the most complete team in the NFL right now. Denver has a better offense by far, but the Seahawks definitely have a better all-around team.
2. Saints - another great offensive team, they'll win their division although I think they'll be 1 or maybe 2 games behind Seattle at the end.
3. Detroit - they'll be close with the Bears for the NFC North, but Detroit has the better offense right now.
4. Philadelphia - none of the NFC East teams are looking good right now, but hopefully Chip Kelly's new offense will be able to keep opponents off-balance for close wins.
WC1. Chicago - I think they'll finish 11-5 or 10-6 this season which will put them in an easy 2nd place in the NFC North.
WC2. San Francisco - have to go with the Super Bowl contenders here, their defense is still better than most and I think Kaepernick will heat up as the season progresses.

AFC
1. Denver - I don't think this needs an explanation, Peyton Manning is just unstoppable thus far.
2. New England - the Patriots have 0 competition in the AFC East, so this is an easy pick.
3. Baltimore - this is, for me, the most interesting debate to watch. 3 teams are vying for playoff spots, but I think that the Ravens are going to pull it off this season
4. Colts - similar to the Patriots, basically no competition
WC1. Kansas City - I knew this team was going to be a contender for a playoff spot, but I think they'll be a couple games behind Indy by the end of the season.
WC2. Cincinnati/Cleveland - I honestly think that there will be a tie for this spot, since both teams are extremely capable of getting into the wild card. I think Cincinnati will win if they play for the wild card spot though, Cleveland's inexperience in the playoffs may be their downfall
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2013 6:43:49 PM
The Chiefs are now 7-0. They are the only undefeated team left, and are a pretty big suprise. They have had a pretty easy schedule though. The Colts got a huge win over the Broncos, and look like a Super Bowl contending team.
Ashton