Superbowl Hopefuls

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 9:09:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Saints vs. Chargers

... would be my ideal Super Bowl. What's yours?

I'm a huge fan of L. Tomlinson and the Chargers have been consistent and impressive all season. They really stepped up their game and became well-rounded. That said, the wife is a huge Saints fan and my teams are out, so I'd be supportive of the Saints whom I also like if they go. Drew Brees is a cool guy.
President of DDO
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 9:13:39 PM
At 12/28/2009 9:09:48 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Saints vs. Chargers

I'm a huge fan of L. Tomlinson and the Chargers have been consistent and impressive all season. They really stepped up their game and became well-rounded. That said, the wife is a huge Saints fan and my teams are out, so I'd be supportive of the Saints whom I also like if they go. Drew Brees is a cool guy.

Colts vs Saints

or

Colts vs Eagles

Colts are playing good football, so that is a given.
I am from New Orleans, so it would be nice for the city and my family.
I am a big Giants fan, so to see someone from my division would be nice.

Really, unless the Saints play the Colts I would be looking at inner conference play for the really exiting games.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 9:13:39 PM
Texans vs Cowboys

The Texans because I've been a huge fan since they've beem formed and the Cowboys not only to have an all Texas Super Bowl, but to make victory that much sweeter.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 9:14:30 PM
Saints vs. Chargers

No way. I doubt either will make it. I'm banking on the Colts winning it all.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 9:17:08 PM
At 12/28/2009 9:13:39 PM, SportsGuru wrote:
Texans vs Cowboys

The Texans because I've been a huge fan since they've beem formed and the Cowboys not only to have an all Texas Super Bowl, but to make victory that much sweeter.

That would be ideal, but next year.
When it is played in the new Dallas Stadium, not now.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 9:18:59 PM
I'd like to see...

Saints vs Patriots

Just because I want to see Tom Brady lose to the Saints again.

or

Saints vs Chargers

Because the Chargers are the hottest team right now and deserve it.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 9:19:39 PM
Saints vs. Chargers

Heh, my sis is huge San Diego fan (seeing as she lives down there) and she says they always choke in the play-offs (just like my home-town basketball team /bitter). And from what I've seen of them I'm inclined to believe her. Tomlinson is cool.

Mines would probably be the Saints vs. Steelers. lol
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 9:20:06 PM
At 12/28/2009 9:15:45 PM, theLwerd wrote:
The Colts have played crap teams all year.

That means nothing.
This is the NFL, any given sunday any team can win.
Every game is tough.
Every week is a chance.
Every week you have to be on your game.

Irrelevant based on insufficient evidence.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 9:23:07 PM
At 12/28/2009 9:18:59 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
I'd like to see...

Saints vs Patriots

Just because I want to see Tom Brady lose to the Saints again.

or

Saints vs Chargers

Because the Chargers are the hottest team right now and deserve it.

I hate Philip Rivers for the whole Manning thing.
I hope they are out as soon as possible.

I just do not want to see him succeed.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 9:26:34 PM
Saints have lost two consecutive games, to teams that are not very good.

The Colts really have not "lost" a game yet. They were up by five until they took out Manning, Wayne, Clark, and some of their best defensemen. They gave the game to the Jets.

The Colts have the best quarterback in Peyton Manning. I'd take the Colts against any team on any given day.

However, I highly dislike Vinateri. He sucks and is a complete wuss.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 9:30:54 PM
But the Saints have won against good teams, which the Colts haven't played.

Everyone lost to a bad team this weak. It happens. As comon said, it's the NFL.

Saints deserve it. They've never won a super bowl, and they've worked really hard and played really well this year. They have a great team, and have consistently shown they have a great team. Two losses? Oh well, everyone's lost this season. At least they won against better teams than the Colts is all.

I'd like to see the Chargers against them because the Chargers are so good right now and haven't ever won a super bowl either.

Colts are great, it'd be cool to see them in the super bowl - but they don't deserve it over the Saints.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 9:31:23 PM
At 12/28/2009 9:20:06 PM, comoncents wrote:

That means nothing.
Every game is tough.
Every week is a chance.

I'm touched. Lol.

In all seriousness though, my point was that the Colts might not be good enough to get to the Superbowl; they didn't face any super tough teams this season so might be a little rusty down the stretch and out of practice (though that doesn't necessarily mean they can't -- Peyton Manning is fantastic). Also, while every game is a "chance" and all NFL players are decent -- or they wouldn't be there -- some teams are indeed better than others. They have better players, coaches, plays, consistency, etc. There are a lot of factors that make a team good. I understand what you're saying though.
President of DDO
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 9:31:36 PM
At 12/28/2009 9:23:07 PM, comoncents wrote:

I'm not familiar. What happened?
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 9:33:22 PM
Everyone lost to bad teams this week*

lol teams weak.... funny how the brain works while you write
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 9:35:38 PM
At 12/28/2009 9:31:23 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 12/28/2009 9:20:06 PM, comoncents wrote:

That means nothing.
Every game is tough.
Every week is a chance.

I'm touched. Lol.

In all seriousness though, my point was that the Colts might not be good enough to get to the Superbowl; they didn't face any super tough teams this season so might be a little rusty down the stretch and out of practice (though that doesn't necessarily mean they can't -- Peyton Manning is fantastic). Also, while every game is a "chance" and all NFL players are decent -- or they wouldn't be there -- some teams are indeed better than others. They have better players, coaches, plays, consistency, etc. There are a lot of factors that make a team good. I understand what you're saying though.

"I'm touched. Lol."

Why?
Your funny.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 9:39:13 PM
At 12/28/2009 9:30:54 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:

The Colts have played some good teams that the Saints haven't played.

However, the Colts really didn't "lose." (If you catch my drift.) They were winning with their regular squad, and then gave it to the "second-string suckers" who suck.

Saints deserve it. They've never won a super bowl, and they've worked really
hard and played really well this year.

They've worked really hard? So have the Red Skins, but they haven't even won five games. You're expected to work hard in the NFL. Every team works hard. See what I'm getting at? Also, the Colts have played really well this year. They have a better record than the Saints. The Colts deserve it.

They have a great team, and have consistently shown they have a great team. Two losses? Oh well, everyone's lost this season. At least they won against better teams than the Colts is all.

The Colts have a great team, and have shown that they have a great team. Only one "loss." Won against better teams? That's subjective.

I'd like to see the Chargers against them because the Chargers are so good right now and haven't ever won a super bowl either.

Boo-hoo. I feel so sorry that you didn't win a Super Bowl, so I'll root for you. I mean, you're playing so WELL right now, the NFL should just give it to you. Come on, Vi. I can name several teams better than the Chargers right now.

Colts are great, it'd be cool to see them in the super bowl - but they don't deserve it over the Saints.

Colts are the best in the league. They deserve it over the Saints. No question. See ya.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 9:41:05 PM
At 12/28/2009 9:39:13 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 12/28/2009 9:30:54 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:

The Colts have played some good teams that the Saints haven't played.

However, the Colts really didn't "lose." (If you catch my drift.) They were winning with their regular squad, and then gave it to the "second-string suckers" who suck.

Saints deserve it. They've never won a super bowl, and they've worked really
hard and played really well this year.

They've worked really hard? So have the Red Skins, but they haven't even won five games. You're expected to work hard in the NFL. Every team works hard. See what I'm getting at? Also, the Colts have played really well this year. They have a better record than the Saints. The Colts deserve it.

They have a great team, and have consistently shown they have a great team. Two losses? Oh well, everyone's lost this season. At least they won against better teams than the Colts is all.

The Colts have a great team, and have shown that they have a great team. Only one "loss." Won against better teams? That's subjective.

Boo-hoo. I feel so sorry that you didn't win a Super Bowl, so I'll root for you. I mean, you're playing so WELL right now, the NFL should just give it to you. Come on, Vi. I can name several teams better than the Chargers right now.

Colts are the best in the league. They deserve it over the Saints. No question. See ya.

Didn't mean for my rant to come of offensive. I just really like the Colts ;)
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 9:44:51 PM
At 12/28/2009 9:31:36 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:

I'm not familiar. What happened?

Nothing big.

"Rivers was projected to be an early first-round pick in the 2004 NFL Draft. He was viewed by many prognosticators as the best quarterback in a draft that included Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger. But despite Rivers' record of success in college and remarkable accuracy (72% completion percentage for his senior season), questions about his lack of arm strength and his unorthodox side-arm throwing motion were concerns for some NFL GMs. The pre-draft consensus was that Rivers could be selected by the Pittsburgh Steelers with the 11th pick. The Chargers coveted Eli Manning and wanted to select him with their first round pick, which was also the first overall pick of the draft. However, after Eli Manning indicated before the draft that he would not sign with the San Diego Chargers, the Chargers were forced to adjust their plans. Rivers was their first alternative to Manning because the Chargers head coach at the time, Marty Schottenheimer, had coached Rivers at the Senior Bowl and he liked what he saw from Rivers. The Chargers agreed to a trade on draft day with the New York Giants, who possessed the fourth pick of the draft. Manning was selected by the San Diego Chargers then later in the draft traded to the New York Giants for Rivers and the rights to draft picks used to select future Pro Bowlers Shawne Merriman and Nate Kaeding."

So every time NY plays Chargers he plays with his mouth running.

on the 2nd video
check it out at 50 sec. and watch.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 10:16:45 PM
At 12/28/2009 9:39:13 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

lol ok dude. I just like seeing underdogs succeed. If my choice doesn't go to the super bowl, I like rooting for the less likely. Just makes it all the more exciting when they win. That's why the Saints winning would be magical for me (they've been the underdogs for as long as anyone can remember, and also are my favorite team ;)

Colts are great, sure, but they've been there. Kinda makes me yawn :) lol Football is entertainment, and for me, my ideal superbowl this year would be something I would find exciting. So, I personally think the Saints and Chargers deserve a chance at the title. Colts would just bore me.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 10:17:36 PM
lol the Colts are a good team - nothing against them. I really like the Colts. But I like the Saints a lot more :)

Thanks for clearing that up, though, yo, because it did come off a bit sharp ;)
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 10:20:11 PM
The steelers come from nowhere and win it.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 10:21:00 PM
At 12/28/2009 9:44:51 PM, comoncents wrote:

..... So why would you hate Rivers then? The Giants won on that, and Eli was the one who was a bit of a jag and said he wouldn't sign with the Chargers lol.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 10:26:22 PM
At 12/28/2009 10:21:00 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
At 12/28/2009 9:44:51 PM, comoncents wrote:

..... So why would you hate Rivers then? The Giants won on that, and Eli was the one who was a bit of a jag and said he wouldn't sign with the Chargers lol.

I know but Rivers is so cocky.
And they always treat us like shiz when ever we go down there and play them.

On top of that no one will give Eli his props.
The always say it ranks out

Roethlisberger, Rivers, than Eli

I just hate how they be haten so i be haten in turn rivers makes a lot of people hate, while Eli wins superbowl.

(it is late and that made no sense.)
sllewuy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 5:40:01 PM
My Prediction for the Superbowl is the
Eagles vs Chargers

I just think Andy Reid and Donavan Mcnabb are hungrier than any other team right now.

Chargers are the best team in the AFC IMO