Jump to topic:

Oregon Ducks Fall *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2013 11:24:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The Oregon Ducks lost to the Stanford Cardinals 26-20 the other night. It was a valiant effort on the part of their quarterback. However, history has repeated itself and we have seen once again just how overrated this college football team truly is.
Don't take my word for it. They are not that impressive in November.
Let the video below speak for itself. Any comments DDO. =)
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2013 11:28:41 AM
November 19,2011

USC 38
Oregon 35

This was the game where they missed that field goal. So please remember everyone, don't believe that hype. Stick with the facts. Enjoy your day.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 6:10:55 PM
Well, Oregon struggled with Stanford last year, and this year, had to go play Stanford on the road. I am pretty suprised at how tough it was for Oregon to move the ball downfield. This really helps Florida State. Now that Oregon has lost, if they win out, they will most likely be in the championhip game. Oregon seems to struggle in one game every year, that ends their chances at a national championship.
Ashton
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 10:43:37 AM
At 11/12/2013 6:10:55 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
Well, Oregon struggled with Stanford last year, and this year, had to go play Stanford on the road. I am pretty suprised at how tough it was for Oregon to move the ball downfield. This really helps Florida State. Now that Oregon has lost, if they win out, they will most likely be in the championhip game. Oregon seems to struggle in one game every year, that ends their chances at a national championship.

This.
President of DDO
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 2:49:11 PM
At 11/13/2013 10:43:37 AM, Danielle wrote:

This.

Florida State may be at this present time the only team that can defeat Alabama.
And even that is doubtful at best. =)
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 10:41:54 PM
At 11/13/2013 2:49:11 PM, inferno wrote:
Florida State may be at this present time the only team that can defeat Alabama.

If Alabama can beat Auburn, and win the SEC championship, then they are the best team. I think people were starting to doubt they were the best team, mainly due to the weak schedule they had during the middle of the season. Florida State doesn't really have a quality opponent left on their schedule. Florida State's best win was at Clemson, but other than that, who have they beaten? Maryland is now 5-4, Miami just lost at home to Virginia Tech, and they have played only 2 teams that are currently ranked in the top 25. I do think that they will get in over Ohio State and Baylor though.
Ashton
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2013 10:49:07 AM
At 11/13/2013 10:41:54 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:

If Alabama can beat Auburn, and win the SEC championship, then they are the best team. I think people were starting to doubt they were the best team, mainly due to the weak schedule they had during the middle of the season. Florida State doesn't really have a quality opponent left on their schedule. Florida State's best win was at Clemson, but other than that, who have they beaten? Maryland is now 5-4, Miami just lost at home to Virginia Tech, and they have played only 2 teams that are currently ranked in the top 25. I do think that they will get in over Ohio State and Baylor though.

I agree. Auburn will be a test for them and might actually win. Then again, they might just choke like the LSU Tigers did a few days ago.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2013 12:09:57 AM
At 11/27/2013 8:49:51 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
Oregon looked terrible against Arizona. They need to get their running game back on track.

Won't happen this year. The players gave up after their loss to Stanford. As one player said right after the loss "our season is over." Then, when Stanford lost and the Ducks were looking like they were gonna go to the Rose Bowl, they were bad mouthing and disrespecting it and saying "been there, done that." and "It is not big deal." When they took that attitude, you knew they were gonna lose again as they have no intention on trying anymore for the rest of the season, and they'll likely lose whatever bowl game they play in (unless the opponent is so far below their league). I'm sure NFL drafters have taken notice and I would not be surprised if once again, not a single Duck goes in the first round (if Mariota decides to go, he might be first round, though his leadership skills are certainly showing to be lacking right now).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2013 1:50:13 AM

This.

I think Auburn has a chance to beat them.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2013 1:56:51 AM
At 12/1/2013 1:50:13 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

This.

haha I think that's a safe bet
Debate.org Moderator
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2013 9:29:51 AM
At 12/1/2013 1:56:51 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 12/1/2013 1:50:13 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

This.

haha I think that's a safe bet

Well Alabama has fallen by the wasteside. But of course it was by an SEC team called the Auburn Tigers.
So please you Oregon and FSU fans be silent. Just be lucky it was them. =)
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2013 4:36:07 PM
At 12/2/2013 9:29:51 AM, inferno wrote:
Well Alabama has fallen by the wasteside. But of course it was by an SEC team called the Auburn Tigers.

Well, Alabama lost the game, more than Auburn won it. Saban made a bad decision in attempting a 57 yard field goal. He should've just let the game go into overtime. Ohio State did not look good at all against Michigan. Michigan's tight ends were huge. I wouldn't be suprised if Michigan State uses the same strategy Michigan did against Ohio State.
Ashton
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2013 10:16:07 AM
At 12/2/2013 4:36:07 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:

Well, Alabama lost the game, more than Auburn won it. Saban made a bad decision in attempting a 57 yard field goal. He should've just let the game go into overtime. Ohio State did not look good at all against Michigan. Michigan's tight ends were huge. I wouldn't be suprised if Michigan State uses the same strategy Michigan did against Ohio State.

It appears that they have. The Buckeyes are done. Another overrated empire has fallen once again.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2013 10:18:29 AM
At 12/9/2013 10:16:07 AM, inferno wrote:

It appears that they have. The Buckeyes are done. Another overrated empire has fallen once again.

I think Florida State will beat Auburn. Auburn has no defense at all. Florida State has both offense and defense. I'd choose a team with skill over a team with luck anyday.
Ashton
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2013 10:20:20 AM
At 12/9/2013 10:18:29 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:

I think Florida State will beat Auburn. Auburn has no defense at all. Florida State has both offense and defense. I'd choose a team with skill over a team with luck anyday.

If Auburn had no strong defense, then they would not have defeated Texas AM or Alabama. However, I do believe Florida State will still overcome them because they are simply a more thorough team. =)
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2013 10:25:20 AM
At 12/9/2013 10:20:20 AM, inferno wrote:

If Auburn had no strong defense, then they would not have defeated Texas AM or Alabama. However, I do believe Florida State will still overcome them because they are simply a more thorough team. =)

They gave up 41 to Texas A&M, 35 to LSU, 38 to Georgia, and 42 to Missouri. Florida State has given up more than 20 points only once.
Ashton
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2013 10:38:05 AM
At 12/9/2013 10:25:20 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 12/9/2013 10:20:20 AM, inferno wrote:

They gave up 41 to Texas A&M, 35 to LSU, 38 to Georgia, and 42 to Missouri. Florida State has given up more than 20 points only once.

If Florida State was in the SEC..............They would have lost by now kid. =)
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2013 4:16:54 PM
At 12/9/2013 10:38:05 AM, inferno wrote:
If Florida State was in the SEC..............They would have lost by now kid. =)

If they had to play at Alabama, probably. But with the schedule Auburn faced, having Georgia and Alabama at home, and the only tough road game being LSU, I don't think so.
Ashton
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2013 4:24:03 PM
At 12/9/2013 4:16:54 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:

If they had to play at Alabama, probably. But with the schedule Auburn faced, having Georgia and Alabama at home, and the only tough road game being LSU, I don't think so.

If Florida State had to play Alabama, Auburn, and LSU............Oh yes, they would have lost at least one of those games. Nobody is safe in the SEC. Nobody. =)
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2013 4:27:41 PM
At 12/9/2013 4:24:03 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/9/2013 4:16:54 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:

If Florida State had to play Alabama, Auburn, and LSU............Oh yes, they would have lost at least one of those games. Nobody is safe in the SEC. Nobody. =)

If they played all three on the road they would lose to one of them, most likely Bama, as I think they would be the team to give FSU the most trouble.
Ashton