Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

Randy Moss

comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2010 9:57:56 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/1/2010 9:20:05 PM, sllewuy wrote:
I can't believe he did not make the pro bowl!

b/c they deserved it more.

* Andre Johnson, Houston
* Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis
Brandon Marshall, Denver
Wes Welker, New England
sllewuy
Posts: 89
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2010 3:50:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/2/2010 9:57:56 AM, comoncents wrote:
At 1/1/2010 9:20:05 PM, sllewuy wrote:
I can't believe he did not make the pro bowl!

b/c they deserved it more.


* Andre Johnson, Houston
* Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis
Brandon Marshall, Denver
Wes Welker, New England

I think Randy Moss Deserved it more than Brandon Marshall...
Moss has more yardage and leads the nfl in Touchdown Receptions
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2010 4:02:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Aside from weeks 1, 3, 6, 9 and 10 --- Moss has sucked. Also, look at his performance since week 11. I watch him every week, he's not that good.
sllewuy
Posts: 89
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2010 4:12:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/2/2010 4:02:44 PM, Nags wrote:
Aside from weeks 1, 3, 6, 9 and 10 --- Moss has sucked. Also, look at his performance since week 11. I watch him every week, he's not that good.

His numbers are still better than Marshalls
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2010 4:22:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/2/2010 4:12:36 PM, sllewuy wrote:
At 1/2/2010 4:02:44 PM, Nags wrote:
Aside from weeks 1, 3, 6, 9 and 10 --- Moss has sucked. Also, look at his performance since week 11. I watch him every week, he's not that good.

His numbers are still better than Marshalls

Marshall:
quick stats (2009)
REC
101

YDS
1,120
AVG
11.1
TDS
10

Moss:
quick stats (2009)
REC
78
YDS
1,189
AVG
15.2
TDS
13

On December 13, 2009, Marshall set an NFL record for receptions in a game with 21.[8] He is also only one of five players in NFL history to catch at least 100 passes in three consecutive seasons.

Marshall was the better choice in terms of play.

Wesley Carter "Wes" Welker is the only argument you can really pose, but it still fails.
and he broke the record
sllewuy
Posts: 89
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2010 6:24:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/2/2010 4:22:08 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 1/2/2010 4:12:36 PM, sllewuy wrote:
At 1/2/2010 4:02:44 PM, Nags wrote:
Aside from weeks 1, 3, 6, 9 and 10 --- Moss has sucked. Also, look at his performance since week 11. I watch him every week, he's not that good.

His numbers are still better than Marshalls

Marshall:
quick stats (2009)
REC
101

YDS
1,120
AVG
11.1
TDS
10


Moss:
quick stats (2009)
REC
78
YDS
1,189
AVG
15.2
TDS
13

On December 13, 2009, Marshall set an NFL record for receptions in a game with 21.[8] He is also only one of five players in NFL history to catch at least 100 passes in three consecutive seasons.

Marshall was the better choice in terms of play.

Wesley Carter "Wes" Welker is the only argument you can really pose, but it still fails.
and he broke the record

Moss is beating Marshall in everything except receptions and hes leading the NFL in Touchdown receptions with 13. I do not see any logic to Marshall getting the spot over Moss. Having one really good game should not get someone into the pro bowl. And what he does in the past seasons should not matter for this season we are looking at his total play this season. Moss has had a better season than Marshall.
patsox834
Posts: 406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2010 6:39:09 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/2/2010 4:22:08 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 1/2/2010 4:12:36 PM, sllewuy wrote:
At 1/2/2010 4:02:44 PM, Nags wrote:
Aside from weeks 1, 3, 6, 9 and 10 --- Moss has sucked. Also, look at his performance since week 11. I watch him every week, he's not that good.

His numbers are still better than Marshalls

Marshall:
quick stats (2009)
REC
101

YDS
1,120
AVG
11.1
TDS
10


Moss:
quick stats (2009)
REC
78
YDS
1,189
AVG
15.2
TDS
13

On December 13, 2009, Marshall set an NFL record for receptions in a game with 21.[8] He is also only one of five players in NFL history to catch at least 100 passes in three consecutive seasons.

Marshall was the better choice in terms of play.

...dude, Moss is beating Marshall in, like, all but one of those stats, and you somehow conclude Marshall's better? Huh?
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2010 6:50:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Essentially, those stats seem to mean that Brandon Marshall had to be thrown to more times to get fewer results.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2010 7:00:09 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/2/2010 6:39:09 PM, patsox834 wrote:
...dude, Moss is beating Marshall in, like, all but one of those stats, and you somehow conclude Marshall's better? Huh?

You have to look at the player.

This season alone-

Moss:
Has Brady
Is not a possession guy, burner.
Did not have a good season in terms of rec.

Marshall:
Does not have a prime time QB.
Can be possession or burner.
Was the go to guy on every important play, and delivered.
Played better this year.

Also had On December 13, 2009, Marshall set an NFL record for receptions in a game with 21.[8] He is also only one of five players in NFL history to catch at least 100 passes in three consecutive seasons

I will debate you on the subject of who deserved to be in the probowl more this year.
patsox834
Posts: 406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2010 8:03:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/2/2010 7:00:09 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 1/2/2010 6:39:09 PM, patsox834 wrote:
...dude, Moss is beating Marshall in, like, all but one of those stats, and you somehow conclude Marshall's better? Huh?

You have to look at the player.

This season alone-

Moss:
Has Brady

And he also has a slew of talented receivers around him; therefore, he won't get thrown to as much.

Is not a possession guy, burner.

Moss *is* a "burner," in that he frequently "burns" defensive backs.

Really, you're not making any sense here at all. You're simply listing Marshall's strength and saying that, somehow, despite statistical evidence supplied by you, Marshall has been better. Ok, fine -- I can just easily say that Moss is a great speed guy, does a good job of taking care of the ball, can jump high as f-ck, etc.

I mean, simply saying a player is better because they're good at one thing is utter nonsense -- Brett Favre probably can throw the ball further than Peyton Manning -- it Favre better than Manning? Well, no. That's simply not enough information to draw an accurate conclusion.

Did not have a good season in terms of rec.

LOL, 78 receptions isn't "good?"

Thing is, while Moss does have less receptions, he *does* have more yards. That says a lot. Like some dude said (or something like it), Moss has essentially done more despite not seeing the ball as much.

Marshall:
Does not have a prime time QB.

But he is one of the few decent options to throw to on his team, and really, is by far the best, so he's going to see more balls thrown at him. Marshall doesn't have a Wes Welker playing along with him like Moss does.

Can be possession or burner.

Kinda already addressed this.

Was the go to guy on every important play, and delivered.

Ok. Let's go along with that for a second...even though Marshall is supposedly the "go to guy," he still only beats Moss in one stat you listed. One. Despite this claim, the evidence still points towards Moss.

But really, that's a load of crap. A lot of it has to do with...well. Orton having not so many great options. The Patriots have multiple great options to throw to, and really, I can just as easily say that *they* "deliver" when they get the ball.

Played better this year.

You simply have no evidence for this. Marshall beats Moss in, like, two things. Receptions and YAC. Moss has more yards, averages more yards per game, more touchdowns, and has more first downs. Marshall's case is weak; the evidence points towards Moss being better.

Also, you're saying Marshall has been better because...Marshall has been better? Uh, what?

Also had On December 13, 2009, Marshall set an NFL record for receptions in a game with 21.[8] He is also only one of five players in NFL history to catch at least 100 passes in three consecutive seasons

Um, and despite this, Moss still has the better overall stats. And really, Moss has actually had more big games than Marshall has. Their game logs make that rather obvious. Really, Marshall has only had one, like, incredible game. It crazily skewed his overall statistics.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com...

http://sports.yahoo.com...

I will debate you on the subject of who deserved to be in the probowl more this year.

Go ahead.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2010 11:47:44 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/3/2010 10:01:16 AM, Koopin wrote:
Even though I like Moss, I don't think he did well enough this year to make it.

He will probably get in now that welker looks hurt.
sllewuy
Posts: 89
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2010 12:15:01 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/3/2010 10:01:16 AM, Koopin wrote:
Even though I like Moss, I don't think he did well enough this year to make it.

He is not good compared to his like younger days but the numbers prove he did better than a lot of Wide Receivers the man leads the league in touchdowns and he has almost 1,200 yards receiving i don't know what would count as good anymore then.