Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

UFCs biggest fight

TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2013 8:26:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Who is watching the fights tonight? Who are you betting on, Silva or Wiedman? Ronda rousey or miesha tate? These are gonna be good.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Tophatdoc
Posts: 534
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 6:51:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/28/2013 8:26:30 PM, TUF wrote:
Who is watching the fights tonight? Who are you betting on, Silva or Wiedman? Ronda rousey or miesha tate? These are gonna be good.

I wish I had saw this two days ago. I didn't think people talked about sports on this site.
These were my picks originally:

Weidman over Silva-Silva is getting older but he can still do it. But who knows for how long.
Miesha Tate over Ronda Rousey- I was not sure about this one at all.

Browne over Barnett
Miller over Camoes
Brandao over Poierer
Hall over Leben
Tibau over Johnson
Bahadurzada over Howard

Let's see I was right about 4 out of 8 , even, not bad as I thought. UFC is hard to pick who will win, MMA is a one on one sport.
"Don't click on my profile. Don't send me friend requests. Don't read my debates. There are many interesting people on DDO. Find one of them. Go find someone exciting and loquacious. Go click on their profile. Go send them friend requests. Go read their debates. Leave me alone." -Tophatdoc
birdlandmemories
Posts: 4,141
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 9:45:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm still stunned at the way the Silva Weidman fight ended. It's sad that Silva's career may have ended with a leg injury.
Ashton
Tophatdoc
Posts: 534
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 11:49:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 9:45:30 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:
I'm still stunned at the way the Silva Weidman fight ended. It's sad that Silva's career may have ended with a leg injury.

You think his career is over? I wouldn't be surprised if it was after that. I was thinking he may be able to have 1 or 2 more fights.
"Don't click on my profile. Don't send me friend requests. Don't read my debates. There are many interesting people on DDO. Find one of them. Go find someone exciting and loquacious. Go click on their profile. Go send them friend requests. Go read their debates. Leave me alone." -Tophatdoc
birdlandmemories
Posts: 4,141
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 11:50:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 11:49:21 AM, Tophatdoc wrote:
At 12/30/2013 9:45:30 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:
I'm still stunned at the way the Silva Weidman fight ended. It's sad that Silva's career may have ended with a leg injury.

You think his career is over? I wouldn't be surprised if it was after that. I was thinking he may be able to have 1 or 2 more fights.

Well, I've heard the injury was really really bad, and Silva was reaching the end of his career anyways.
Ashton
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 11:59:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 11:50:44 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 12/30/2013 11:49:21 AM, Tophatdoc wrote:
At 12/30/2013 9:45:30 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:
I'm still stunned at the way the Silva Weidman fight ended. It's sad that Silva's career may have ended with a leg injury.

You think his career is over? I wouldn't be surprised if it was after that. I was thinking he may be able to have 1 or 2 more fights.

Well, I've heard the injury was really really bad, and Silva was reaching the end of his career anyways.

http://m.youtube.com...
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 12:02:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 11:49:21 AM, Tophatdoc wrote:
At 12/30/2013 9:45:30 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:
I'm still stunned at the way the Silva Weidman fight ended. It's sad that Silva's career may have ended with a leg injury.

You think his career is over? I wouldn't be surprised if it was after that. I was thinking he may be able to have 1 or 2 more fights.

Recovery time is 3-6 months, though depending on the condition of his femur he will probably not fight again. This was the nastiest injury ive seen since frank mir cumorahed noguiera.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 12:04:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 12:03:11 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 12/30/2013 11:59:56 AM, TUF wrote:
http://m.youtube.com...

It looked like his knee hit him first instead of his foot

Yeah its kind of wierd. Physics confuse me.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 12:05:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Ronda/miesha fight was epic. Had me on my feet the whole time.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Tophatdoc
Posts: 534
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 3:25:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 12:02:02 PM, TUF wrote:

Recovery time is 3-6 months, though depending on the condition of his femur he will probably not fight again. This was the nastiest injury ive seen since frank mir cumorahed noguiera.

Silva should stop in that case. He is getting up there in age. He only has a few fights in him if he can get past his broken leg.

I didn't see that UFC event though. That must of been a career ending injury for Noguiera. That rarely happens.
"Don't click on my profile. Don't send me friend requests. Don't read my debates. There are many interesting people on DDO. Find one of them. Go find someone exciting and loquacious. Go click on their profile. Go send them friend requests. Go read their debates. Leave me alone." -Tophatdoc
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2013 4:59:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/30/2013 12:02:02 PM, TUF wrote:
Recovery time is 3-6 months, though depending on the condition of his femur he will probably not fight again. This was the nastiest injury ive seen since frank mir cumorahed noguiera.

Anderson Silva's leg will heal back stronger than before the injury. It is now unbreakable. He underwent a successful surgery and will be in healthy, prime shape to fight in 3 months.

http://msn.foxsports.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat