Jump to topic:

I'm irrationally not scared of Denver.

Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 12:00:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
This thread will be bumped when I am completely wrong but I shall go on.

As a Patriots fan, I have irrationally become less afraid of Denver. I know they have home field, but Manning's chokes in the playoffs are a big factor for me. If I had to bet money I'd pick Denver, but I am really feeling good about it.

Anyway, how big is post season records in your view?
kfc
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 12:42:41 AM
At 1/5/2014 12:00:04 AM, Koopin wrote:

As a Patriots fan, I have irrationally become less afraid of Denver. I know they have home field, but Manning's chokes in the playoffs are a big factor for me. If I had to bet money I'd pick Denver, but I am really feeling good about it.

Anyway, how big is post season records in your view?

Even with Gronk back on IR?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 11:57:41 AM
If we had Gronk I'd be booking a trip to the Super Bowl. Without him I am just praying for the AFC championship game.
kfc
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 12:03:38 PM
At 1/5/2014 11:57:41 AM, Koopin wrote:
If we had Gronk I'd be booking a trip to the Super Bowl. Without him I am just praying for the AFC championship game.

Cincinati is tough.
Ashton
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 12:48:17 PM
At 1/5/2014 12:03:38 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:

Cincinati is tough.

Bengals are 8-0 at home and 3-5 on the road. They won't be too tough.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 4:29:17 PM
At 1/5/2014 12:48:17 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/5/2014 12:03:38 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:

Cincinati is tough.

Bengals are 8-0 at home and 3-5 on the road. They won't be too tough.

Guess we won't have to worry about that.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 7:32:24 PM
At 1/5/2014 7:05:06 PM, Koopin wrote:
I'm 90% sure no team in the AFC can beat whomever is represented in the Superbowl for the NFC.

Really, you don't think that in a New York stadium, the Patriots couldn't beat the Saints or Panthers?

Though I will say that for sure, the 4 NFC representatives are a whole lot better than the 4 AFC reps. All 4 from the NFC are strong arse teams. I think the AFC only has 2 strong teams.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2014 7:48:14 PM
At 1/5/2014 7:32:24 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I'm 90% sure no team in the AFC can beat whomever is represented in the Superbowl for the NFC.

Really, you don't think that in a New York stadium, the Patriots couldn't beat the Saints or Panthers?

Though I will say that for sure, the 4 NFC representatives are a whole lot better than the 4 AFC reps. All 4 from the NFC are strong arse teams. I think the AFC only has 2 strong teams.

I said who is going to represent the NFC, where won't be the saints. It is either the panthers (meh) or the Seahawks.
kfc
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2014 12:35:39 AM
At 1/5/2014 7:48:14 PM, Koopin wrote:

I said who is going to represent the NFC, where won't be the saints. It is either the panthers (meh) or the Seahawks.

Do you really believe that the 49ers have no chance against the Panthers? When they played before, they only lost by 1 point. Granted, that was at home and not on the road, but they are on one heck of a run right now.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2014 11:41:34 PM
At 1/6/2014 12:35:39 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/5/2014 7:48:14 PM, Koopin wrote:

Do you really believe that the 49ers have no chance against the Panthers? When they played before, they only lost by 1 point. Granted, that was at home and not on the road, but they are on one heck of a run right now.

Nah. 49ers are overrated poop turds. Even if they do they will fall to the Seattle power house.
kfc
msheahan99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2014 11:55:38 PM

Well you'd better be afraid of indianapolis, cause if you don't go up by more then 21 by the 4th quarter your doomed. Luck is the clutchest player in the NFL
BigNateC103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 12:15:02 AM
At 1/6/2014 11:55:38 PM, msheahan99 wrote:

Well you'd better be afraid of indianapolis, cause if you don't go up by more then 21 by the 4th quarter your doomed. Luck is the clutchest player in the NFL

Ehhhh Lets see Luck go to New England in the snow and out clutch Brady before we start labeling him "The Clutchest Player in the NFL"... and if NE gets a 21 point lead at home its game over, for anyone.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 1:38:27 AM
At 1/6/2014 11:55:38 PM, msheahan99 wrote:

Yes, his passer rating of 88 points in the 4th quarter is obtainable for any human player.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 10:48:25 AM
I have high hopes for a Colts vs. Broncos AFC championship, and Niners vs. Seahawks NFC championship. Ultimately I'd like to see Denver and Seattle face off the Super Bowl. I truly think that these match-ups would make for the best, most exciting games.

Honestly, Denver deserves to go to the ship. I'd say the Hawks do as well (though you can make a good case for San Fran). At this point, I'm just excited to see great football. This week will be exciting, but next week will be awesome :)
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 11:45:26 AM
The power rankings:

1. Broncos
2. Seahawks
3. Panthers
4. Niners
5. Patriots
6. Saints
7. Chargers
8. Colts

MY TAKE...

1. Broncos
2. Seahawks
3. Niners
4. Colts
5. Patriots
6. Panthers
7. Saints
8. Chargers

* Colts/Patriots could be either/or
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 8:15:20 PM
At 1/7/2014 10:48:25 AM, Danielle wrote:
I have high hopes for a Colts vs. Broncos AFC championship, and Niners vs. Seahawks NFC championship. Ultimately I'd like to see Denver and Seattle face off the Super Bowl. I truly think that these match-ups would make for the best, most exciting games.

Honestly, Denver deserves to go to the ship. I'd say the Hawks do as well (though you can make a good case for San Fran). At this point, I'm just excited to see great football. This week will be exciting, but next week will be awesome :)

I think 49ers vs Seahawks would be hyped almost more than any potential superbowl matchup. That game is going to be monstrous.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 8:49:24 PM
At 1/7/2014 8:15:20 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

I think 49ers vs Seahawks would be hyped almost more than any potential superbowl matchup. That game is going to be monstrous.

Seahawks would win without a doubt in my mind.
kfc
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 9:04:06 PM
At 1/7/2014 8:49:24 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 1/7/2014 8:15:20 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Seahawks would win without a doubt in my mind.

While I'm a Seahawks fan (I'd only root for the Bills to beat them, but I wouldn't be betting anything on it), you have to admit that the 49ers right now are a much better team than they were in week 2 (or was it week3?).
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 10:21:11 PM
You're both right. The Niners are an AWESOME team right now, much improved from the beginning of the year, but I still think (and hope) the Seahawks can take it. I think the Seahawks are the only team who could really give Denver a run for their money (even though Denver lost to the Colts during the regular season; I doubt that will happen again). Granted I wouldn't be terribly disappointed seeing the Niners vs. the Broncos, but honestly the Broncos vs. the Seahawks would be SUCH a good match-up in the big game. I also think the Sehawks deserve it more. They've been more consistent, hard working and have a more complete team... though Niners are not far behind them. Plus the Niners went last year and the Seahawks were kind of gipped.
President of DDO
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 10:36:49 PM
At 1/7/2014 10:21:11 PM, Danielle wrote:
You're both right. The Niners are an AWESOME team right now, much improved from the beginning of the year, but I still think (and hope) the Seahawks can take it. I think the Seahawks are the only team who could really give Denver a run for their money (even though Denver lost to the Colts during the regular season; I doubt that will happen again). Granted I wouldn't be terribly disappointed seeing the Niners vs. the Broncos, but honestly the Broncos vs. the Seahawks would be SUCH a good match-up in the big game. I also think the Sehawks deserve it more. They've been more consistent, hard working and have a more complete team... though Niners are not far behind them. Plus the Niners went last year and the Seahawks were kind of gipped.

Are you swinging towards the Colts are going to beat the Patriots Saturday? I know I am bias but I don't feel it.
kfc
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 10:40:15 PM
At 1/7/2014 10:21:11 PM, Danielle wrote:

I think the racial slur you are looking for is Gypped, lol. I kind of want Seattle over Denver for the reason that Seattle will not likely be as good next year so this is their best chance. Wilson's contract is up this year and as a 4th round pick, he is the lowest paid starting QB in the league (at least he was early in the season). If he takes a $40 million, 6 year contract or something, that will kill a lot of cap room and force them to make compromises.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 11:22:25 PM
Gypped* And that's a good point about Seattle. Obv they'll be looking to franchise Wilson (and they should). As for the Patriots vs. Colts, I have absolutely no idea who I think will win. I have a really hard time betting against Tom Brady. Even though I think the Colts are an overall better team, I'm not sure they will have the same luck against the Pats as they did vs. the Chiefs. How is the Patriot defense this year? I haven't followed them pretty much at all...
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 11:28:14 PM
At 1/7/2014 11:22:25 PM, Danielle wrote:
Gypped* And that's a good point about Seattle. Obv they'll be looking to franchise Wilson (and they should). As for the Patriots vs. Colts, I have absolutely no idea who I think will win. I have a really hard time betting against Tom Brady. Even though I think the Colts are an overall better team, I'm not sure they will have the same luck against the Pats as they did vs. the Chiefs. How is the Patriot defense this year? I haven't followed them pretty much at all...

Passing defense is average, but they have no run defense. The biggest thing to note is that they do not have Gronk anymore. Granted they managed to win a bunch of games without him (just shows that Brady is actually not that bad), but he is a key part of the offense.

Their defense has given up an average of 23 points per game over the last 6 games of the season, and they only played 1 playoff team in that 6 game stretch. They are also 8-0 at home, but still give up 20.6 points per game at home (and that includes when they played the freaking bucks). Colts should be able to get into the upper 20 to low 30 without much of a problem.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 11:30:26 PM
Colts are only giving up 21.1 points on the road and are 5-3 on the road (they are also only 6-2 at home, so they play very well on the road in comparison to home). Though they did suffer later in the season.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2014 11:37:18 PM
The Pats have not played a team with a winning record (at least a final winning record, not sure what the records were at the time they faced off) since they played the Broncos in week 12 (that's 5 weeks against teams at or below .500).

The combined record of their last 6 games were 41 - 55.

For the Colts, they faced 3 teams with winning records in that time frame (though only went 1-2 against them, but all three were on the road), and in that same stretch, their defense gave up only 19.3 points per game (though 2 of the games their defense broke the 40 point barrier). So their defense can be good, but it can also miss a bit against good teams on the road.

I think there is a decent chance that the Pats could get caught sleeping.
Knight7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 12:01:16 AM
We haven't seen Peyton play this well with this good of a receiving squad, arguably one of the better tandems of quarterback-receiver(s) in history. The Pats shouldn't be able to stop it. So your lack of fear is VERY irrational.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 12:05:30 AM
Given OreEle's recent posts, I'd say the Colts take it... which is good. They should face off vs. Denver again.
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2014 12:11:53 AM
At 1/8/2014 12:05:30 AM, Danielle wrote:
Given OreEle's recent posts, I'd say the Colts take it... which is good. They should face off vs. Denver again.

Put me on the hot seat why dontchya, lol. I'll hedge this by saying that Vegas is currently putting the odds at Pats over the Colts 30 - 23, seven point favorites with the ou at 53. I think betting against that spread is not too wild.