McNabb is odd man out?

comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2010 9:36:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
McNabb is odd man out?

"We've been pondering whether or not Saturday night's loss could be the beginning of the end for Donovan McNabb in Philly. For the record, of the fans who took part in voting on the Birds' Eye View blog, only 32.6 percent wanted McNabb to stay, compared to 33.9 percent for Michael Vick and 88.8 percent for Kevin Kolb. It's pretty obvious the fans have had it.

For his part, head coach Andy Reid seems adamant in his pro-Donovan stance. Asked if he thought McNabb would be the team's starter in 2010, he said, "Yeah, I do," per 950 ESPN Radio's Brian Seltzer.

One trade possibility -- if Reid is lying -- is the Buffalo Bills. As Bob Matthews of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle writes, McNabb won't be the QB of the future for the Bills, but he could be a nice stopgap for a few seasons while they develop a younger replacement (possibly this year's No. 9 overall pick). It's wildly speculative, but it's that time of year. For some more hypotheticals, check the box to the right."

"Possible McNabb destinations
Depending on what Brett Favre does (we might not know until August, mind you), the Vikings might need a QB, given the Tarvaris-Rosenfels tandem as an alternative.
Jason Campbell might be back in D.C., but if not, it's a similar situation to Buffalo: they need a veteran as a stopgap while they develop the future franchise QB.
The Browns have two unstable QBs, and their new GM was in Philly for most of McNabb's career.
The Jaguars and Panthers both have some pieces in place, but could use an upgrade at QB."
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2010 4:44:23 PM
At 1/14/2010 3:49:08 PM, comoncents wrote:
Is there no Philly fans here, or fans that would take on this QB.

I'm a Giants fan (Philly's rival) but I would welcome a Donovan McNabb QB to my team. I might even trade Eli Manning for him.
President of DDO
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2010 4:53:46 PM
At 1/14/2010 4:44:23 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 1/14/2010 3:49:08 PM, comoncents wrote:
Is there no Philly fans here, or fans that would take on this QB.

I'm a Giants fan (Philly's rival) but I would welcome a Donovan McNabb QB to my team. I might even trade Eli Manning for him.

Eli for Donovan? Yeah right.
kfc