Jump to topic:

2014 College Football Top 25 *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2014 2:26:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Here is the latest ap poll with the nations top 25 teams in college football today.
And guess what ladies and gentlemen. 4 of the top 10 teams are from the greatest conference of all time in this league. Thats right, the SEC.
See it for yourself. What do you think. =)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com...
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2014 11:31:32 AM
At 1/15/2014 4:34:31 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
Someone tell me why Notre Dame is still in the top 25, and why UCF is not at least no 8.

Notre Dame is in because of where they were a season ago, and due to name
recognition. Central Florida is in the right spot.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2014 3:32:03 PM
At 1/16/2014 11:31:32 AM, inferno wrote:
Someone tell me why Notre Dame is still in the top 25, and why UCF is not at least no 8.

I think UCF should be higher. Their only loss was to South Carolina, and they beat Baylor and Louisville (and that was Louisville's only loss too)
Ashton
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2014 10:48:16 AM
At 1/16/2014 3:32:03 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 1/16/2014 11:31:32 AM, inferno wrote:

I think UCF should be higher. Their only loss was to South Carolina, and they beat Baylor and Louisville (and that was Louisville's only loss too)

Because they are new to the top 10, so they should remain where they are for now. The other schools over them have done much more over a longer period of time so they deserve more credit.
Value_LLL
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2014 7:13:48 AM
No one can really argue against what the SEC has done lately... but that is just lately. To say all-time is a stretch especially since the SEC doesn't even have more national titles than the Big Ten and the SEC has 2 more teams than the Big Ten. What is sad is that the SEC dominated the BCS era and still has not caught up and claimed the #1 spot in any conference as a whole related category (wins, titles)
(though the Big Ten is getting 2 more teams in Rutgers and Maryland which even further separates the distance of national titles per conference )

Not to mention if you look at all time wins. The SEC has 3 spots in the top ten (#7, 8, and 10) and the only reason it isn't two teams is because of the sanctions put on Penn St that drop them down. Had the wins not been taken away from Penn St, there would only be two SEC teams in the top ten of all time wins whereas the Big Ten would have 4 (*in order* Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio St, Penn St)

Look through the history if you are going to claim all time. Every conference ebs and flows as far as how good it is. The SEC has been up lately and the Big Ten has been down lately, but the Big Ten still leads in all time wins and titles.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2014 11:33:04 AM
At 4/2/2014 7:13:48 AM, Value_LLL wrote:
No one can really argue against what the SEC has done lately... but that is just lately. To say all-time is a stretch especially since the SEC doesn't even have more national titles than the Big Ten and the SEC has 2 more teams than the Big Ten. What is sad is that the SEC dominated the BCS era and still has not caught up and claimed the #1 spot in any conference as a whole related category (wins, titles)
(though the Big Ten is getting 2 more teams in Rutgers and Maryland which even further separates the distance of national titles per conference )

Not to mention if you look at all time wins. The SEC has 3 spots in the top ten (#7, 8, and 10) and the only reason it isn't two teams is because of the sanctions put on Penn St that drop them down. Had the wins not been taken away from Penn St, there would only be two SEC teams in the top ten of all time wins whereas the Big Ten would have 4 (*in order* Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio St, Penn St)

Look through the history if you are going to claim all time. Every conference ebs and flows as far as how good it is. The SEC has been up lately and the Big Ten has been down lately, but the Big Ten still leads in all time wins and titles.

Lately is what counts. We are not talking about whos best all time. Besides you guys haven't won a national football title in almost 13 years. Its long overdue.
Value_LLL
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 7:15:38 AM
At 4/4/2014 11:33:04 AM, inferno wrote:

Lately is what counts. We are not talking about whos best all time. Besides you guys haven't won a national football title in almost 13 years. Its long overdue.

Don't misunderstand me, I am not saying that the SEC is not good. I was simply trying to differentiate between lately and all-time, which I believe the OP stated in the beginning. It is true that the Big Ten has hardly been "good" and has NOT been great for a little over a decade, but a lot has gone on in the Big Ten too. From the Ohio St scandal, to the Penn State scandal, to the Pelini fan tape, coaching changes at all Big Ten powers (Ohio St, Michigan, Nebraska, Penn St), now Northwestern has been granted the right to unionize, not sure how or if that will effect anything. Nonetheless, NO excuses. It is about time for the Big Ten to get back on track... sadly (during the off season so far) nothing has shown to be changing greatly. Michigan is still struggling. Heard decent things out of MSU and OSU, but nothing great (still early tho). Heard good things coming out of Nebraska, but I heard good things preseason about Nebraska last year too and that didn't turn out.

I am so jacked for CFB, you have no idea. I am happy someone actually engaged me prior to the season starting lol. I didn't think anyone was going to respond.

I know that the SEC fans probably won't see the humor that I do in this, but here is a funny statistic. Feel free to look it up yourself if you like... These are the arrests so far during the off season (all active and former players and coaches that have been arrested this year)

SEC- 26 (could be 25)
Pac12 - 4
AAC - 2
ACC - 2
B1G - 2
CUSA - 1
MWC - 1
Big 12 - 1
Ind - 1
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2014 8:37:27 AM
At 4/7/2014 7:15:38 AM, Value_LLL wrote:
At 4/4/2014 11:33:04 AM, inferno wrote:

Don't misunderstand me, I am not saying that the SEC is not good. I was simply trying to differentiate between lately and all-time, which I believe the OP stated in the beginning. It is true that the Big Ten has hardly been "good" and has NOT been great for a little over a decade, but a lot has gone on in the Big Ten too. From the Ohio St scandal, to the Penn State scandal, to the Pelini fan tape, coaching changes at all Big Ten powers (Ohio St, Michigan, Nebraska, Penn St), now Northwestern has been granted the right to unionize, not sure how or if that will effect anything. Nonetheless, NO excuses. It is about time for the Big Ten to get back on track... sadly (during the off season so far) nothing has shown to be changing greatly. Michigan is still struggling. Heard decent things out of MSU and OSU, but nothing great (still early tho). Heard good things coming out of Nebraska, but I heard good things preseason about Nebraska last year too and that didn't turn out.

I am so jacked for CFB, you have no idea. I am happy someone actually engaged me prior to the season starting lol. I didn't think anyone was going to respond.

I know that the SEC fans probably won't see the humor that I do in this, but here is a funny statistic. Feel free to look it up yourself if you like... These are the arrests so far during the off season (all active and former players and coaches that have been arrested this year)

SEC- 26 (could be 25)
Pac12 - 4
AAC - 2
ACC - 2
B1G - 2
CUSA - 1
MWC - 1
Big 12 - 1
Ind - 1

Like I said, this was not about who was the best of all time. We are talking about what you have done lately which is much of nothing at all. =)
Value_LLL
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2014 4:34:51 PM
At 1/15/2014 2:26:25 PM, inferno wrote:
Here is the latest ap poll with the nations top 25 teams in college football today.
And guess what ladies and gentlemen. 4 of the top 10 teams are from the greatest conference of all time in this league. Thats right, the SEC.

oh, I just thought that said all time. lol
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2014 9:54:41 AM
At 4/8/2014 4:34:51 PM, Value_LLL wrote:
At 1/15/2014 2:26:25 PM, inferno wrote:

oh, I just thought that said all time. lol

That was me being caught up in the moment. But I was well aware even before you trolled along, that that wasn't true. So much for trying to be legitimate though.