Send a Message
1/20/2014 3:58:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Let's see who gets the closest

Denver: 27
Seattle: 23
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2014 11:50:19 AM
Last year I guessed what the final score in the Superbowl would be and I was off by just one point: http://www.debate.org...

This year: I am predicting that the Broncos will win 24-17
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2014 12:30:09 PM
At 1/20/2014 11:50:19 AM, imabench wrote:
Last year I guessed what the final score in the Superbowl would be and I was off by just one point: http://www.debate.org...

I remember.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2014 1:01:00 PM

Are you Tim Tebow?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2014 2:24:36 PM
Ore_Ele's waiting on the latent Higgs Boson energy-density readings to accurately project his estimates to within three decimal-places.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2014 2:42:52 PM
Ore_Ele's meteorological data takes into account barometric pressure, humidity, precipitation, and soil heat-flux. Other variables include the sun-spot cycle and whether the groundhog Punxsutawney Phil retreats from his shadow.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2014 9:44:29 PM

The game will be more high scoring than people think. The Broncos offense is way better than Seattle's defense.
Ashton
Oromagi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2014 10:03:41 PM
At 1/20/2014 3:58:39 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Let's see who gets the closest

Denver resident/fan for 35 yrs. I still have my 1978 Orange Crush poster.
Denver: 27
Seattle: 17
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2014 7:23:27 AM
Denver 42- Seattle 16.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 1:12:58 AM
WIthout considering weather (I will think more about this later), my high, exhausted minf will predict Denver 24, Seattle 21. But again I will reconsider at a more sober, well informed time.
President of DDO
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 1:17:31 AM
At 1/26/2014 1:12:58 AM, Danielle wrote:
WIthout considering weather (I will think more about this later), my high, exhausted minf will predict Denver 24, Seattle 21. But again I will reconsider at a more sober, well informed time.

Seems like a reasonable guess. If there's snow I think the score will be just as close but lower. I'm thinking 17-14, Broncos.
Debate.org Moderator
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2014 2:20:07 PM
Denver 30, Seattle 21.

Though this is heavily influenced because I have money on the game. My squares are Denver X0 and Seattle X1. Scores at end of quarters 1 and 3 are worth $50, halftime is worth $100 and final is worth $300.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 1:53:05 AM
Seattle: 31
Denver: 28

Teams from the NFC won 4 out of 6 of the last super bowls, and the best defense has a history of topping the best offense. Its gonna be a close one, but I think the legion of boom is gonna take the wind out of Manning's sails in the second half, giving Seattle offense just enough time to clinch the comeback win... like usual.

I see Lynch rushing over 100 yds + a TD, and Wilson throwing 3 TDs; maybe running 1 of those 3 in. 1 FG.

I see Manning coming out on f*cking fire... 3 TD passes in the first half, 13/17 completed passes. Then getting shut down in the second half, maybe one more TD from Moreno, then ZIP.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2014 8:46:50 PM
At 1/30/2014 1:53:05 AM, Paradox_7 wrote:
Seattle: 31
Denver: 28

Teams from the NFC won 4 out of 6 of the last super bowls, and the best defense has a history of topping the best offense. Its gonna be a close one, but I think the legion of boom is gonna take the wind out of Manning's sails in the second half, giving Seattle offense just enough time to clinch the comeback win... like usual.

I see Lynch rushing over 100 yds + a TD, and Wilson throwing 3 TDs; maybe running 1 of those 3 in. 1 FG.

I see Manning coming out on f*cking fire... 3 TD passes in the first half, 13/17 completed passes. Then getting shut down in the second half, maybe one more TD from Moreno, then ZIP.

Well I'm glad somebody has the guts to bet against Manning. And yes, history has a strong trend of suggesting that the top-defense can prevail. But when I look at the list of Superbowl-winning QBs in the last 25 years, I see almost nobody who is as bad as Wilson. There were two that are arguable, which were Trent Dilfer on the 2000 Ravens and Brad Johnson on the 2002 Buccaneers. I could put Wilson with these guys. But let's look at those defenses for a moment. The 2002 Bucs allowed 196 points in 2002. That's amazing, until you look at the Ray Lewis-led ravens who allowed only 165 (14 of those offensive). Seattle has a good defense. Good as in "not great." They've allowed 417 points this season, well over the combined amount of both of those teams put together. The Legion of Boom might talk a lot, and they might have gotten their team to the SuperBowl, but they are about to be decimated by the most impressive aerial attack in NFL history (perhaps the best overall offense in NFL history). The chances of Russel Wilson, a mobile-QB who puts up scant numbers each game and is still wet behind the ears, keeping pace with a football demigod is slim to none.

QBs who have won Superbowls in the last 25 years (excluding the two I mentioned previously):

Joe Flacco
Eli Manning
Aaron Rodgers
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Ben Roethlesberger
Kurt Warner
John Elway
Brett Favre
Troy Aikman
Phil Simms
Mark Rypien
Joe Montana
Steve Young

The chances of putting Wilson's name atop that list, instead of Peyton Manning who is arguably more prepared than ANY of these other QBs were to put another stamp up there... just ridiculous. It ain't gonna happen. He's got too much experience, too many weapons, and he's too battle-hardened. Sherman and Lynch are great players but they are punks and punks don't stand up in big games because the pride overwhelms them. Wilson ain't a punk but he ain't a great player. There's nobody to lead that team to victory and if it's even close I will eat my hat.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 12:05:03 AM
21-18, Seahawks.

That's right, I chose Wilson over Manning.
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 6:10:13 PM
At 1/30/2014 8:46:50 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
But when I look at the list of Superbowl-winning QBs in the last 25 years, I see almost nobody who is as bad as Wilson.

Wilson isn't bad, rather inexperienced. True he's had a rough last 6 games, but it doesn't matter when he can make big plays. From running the ball himself, to making crucial completions when he absolutely needs to. He deserves to be where he is.

But let's look at those defenses for a moment. The 2002 Bucs allowed 196 points in 2002. That's amazing, until you look at the Ray Lewis-led ravens who allowed only 165 (14 of those offensive). Seattle has a good defense. Good as in "not great." They've allowed 417 points this season, well over the combined amount of both of those teams put together.

True, but those teams didn't have the same obstacles defenses have now days. It's much easier for offenses to make plays because the defense is so physically restricted.

The Legion of Boom might talk a lot, and they might have gotten their team to the SuperBowl, but they are about to be decimated by the most impressive aerial attack in NFL history (perhaps the best overall offense in NFL history).

Manning is very impressive, and has put up some remarkable numbers; albeit, as I said above, against a hindered defense. But all his passing ability is going to be worth nill when his receivers are busted, bruised, and tired of the contact they get from the LOB.

The chances of Russel Wilson, a mobile-QB who puts up scant numbers each game and is still wet behind the ears, keeping pace with a football demigod is slim to none.

Lmao! I like that...

The chances of putting Wilson's name atop that list, instead of Peyton Manning who is arguably more prepared than ANY of these other QBs were to put another stamp up there... just ridiculous. It ain't gonna happen. He's got too much experience, too many weapons, and he's too battle-hardened.

QB to QB, you're right, he's no where near manning. But there are 11 players on each side of the field every down, and I strongly disagree that those 2 players are going to be the deciding factors.

Sherman and Lynch are great players but they are punks and punks don't stand up in big games because the pride overwhelms them. Wilson ain't a punk but he ain't a great player. There's nobody to lead that team to victory and if it's even close I will eat my hat.

You're not giving the Seahawks nearly enough credit, and thats the same mistake a lot of people have been making while they marched their way right into the super bowl. Sherman is a punk, but he's a damn good football player, and so is Lynch. I sincerely hope the broncos make the same mistake and underestimate the seahawks and get humbled in from of the world, as you feast on your hat in tears! lol...
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 7:36:31 PM
At 1/31/2014 12:05:03 AM, dtaylor971 wrote:
21-18, Seahawks.

Manning only puts up 18 points? Are you predicting he breaks his leg in the second quarter or something?
Beliefs in a nutshell:
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 7:46:51 PM
Sorry I made a mistake about the Seattle defense! They MADE 417 points this season, they only allowed 231. Whoops!
Beliefs in a nutshell:
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2014 8:16:43 PM
At 1/31/2014 7:36:31 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 1/31/2014 12:05:03 AM, dtaylor971 wrote:
21-18, Seahawks.

Manning only puts up 18 points? Are you predicting he breaks his leg in the second quarter or something?

I'm predicting the Seahawks stop him
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 12:55:20 PM
Remember when Denver lost to San Diego and only had 20 points. That is what is going to happen.

Seattle 27
Denver 24
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 2:14:00 PM

Standing by my prediction
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 5:53:33 PM
Broncos - 30
Seahawks - 24
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 8:08:04 PM
At 2/2/2014 8:07:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Got them right where we want them!

Manning just wants to have the greatest comeback in any sport in any game in history.

No NFL team has come back from down 36.
Debate.org Moderator
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2014 8:44:32 PM
LMAO!!! broncos are getting raped... eat sh*t, all of you.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2014 11:12:58 AM
That was a lot of Bronco bandwagoning going on.

Even the news couldn't see how Manning could be stopped. He was more than stopped, he was stomped on and made to look like Chrisian Ponder.

The other thing people didn't seem to remember is that the Bronco's D is just mediocre. They were terrible yesterday.

I'm happy. Here is why:

1. The hash slinging QB is not the end all of all.
2. A good game manager QB who can scramble, be consistent with throws, and offense play calling that uses both run and pass effective can win big in this league. The biggest thing about this is being able to adjust between pass and throw as needed.

Fundamentally, the lack of good defensive backs and offensive line has given rise to the Paytons, Brees, Rogers, and all the wannabe's who want to pass, Stafford, etc. That will change as it is too rare to get that caliber and all these other positions matter collectively more so than Payton, Brees, Rogers & Brady.

Lastly, the way that Seattle swarmed the Denver receivers after catching the ball was impressive.