Jump to topic:

College Basketball thread

birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2014 4:55:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This is the thread where you can talk college basketball. From injuries to intriguing matchups, talk anything college basketball.
Ashton
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 11:04:13 AM
At 1/25/2014 4:55:48 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
This is the thread where you can talk college basketball. From injuries to intriguing matchups, talk anything college basketball.

The North Carolina Tarheels are looking rather good right now.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 11:21:22 AM
At 2/19/2014 11:04:13 AM, inferno wrote:

I think that they'll beat Duke fairly easily.
Ashton
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 11:31:37 AM
At 2/19/2014 11:21:22 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:

But Florida looks like they are the best team in the nation right now. No disrespect to Syracuse...........
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 11:34:51 AM
At 2/19/2014 11:31:37 AM, inferno wrote:

But Florida looks like they are the best team in the nation right now. No disrespect to Syracuse...........

Syracuse sucks. They could've and should've lost both games last week.
Ashton
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 11:43:39 AM
At 2/19/2014 11:34:51 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:

But they didnt. =)
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2014 1:09:34 PM
At 2/19/2014 11:43:39 AM, inferno wrote:
At 2/19/2014 11:34:51 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:

But they didnt. =)

Thanks to some 35 foot shot and a terrible pass by the NC State inbounder.
Ashton
bettabreeder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2014 3:18:46 PM
I'm so happy that we beat dook last night!
Slavery exists. It is black in the South, and white in the North. - Andrew Johnson
jnedwards11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 9:21:22 AM

UVA owns the ACC. Gonne btch slap all you ACC sissies in the tourney just like we have all year long in the regular season. Sorry Cuse, Duke and Tarheel fans, this be the year of the cavalier!
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 9:24:17 AM
At 2/24/2014 9:21:22 AM, jnedwards11 wrote:

UVA owns the ACC. Gonne btch slap all you ACC sissies in the tourney just like we have all year long in the regular season. Sorry Cuse, Duke and Tarheel fans, this be the year of the cavalier!

Sorry. You are wrong. I'm a Michigan fan and Virginia has not beaten a single decent team. They lost to Wisconsin by 10 and Tennessee by 35 in their only tough non-conference games. They don't go on the road to North Carolina or Syracuse, so they have a soft ACC schedule. Virginia is behind Duke, Syracuse and North Carolina.
Ashton
jnedwards11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 10:11:07 AM
At 2/24/2014 9:24:17 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:

Sorry. You are wrong. I'm a Michigan fan and Virginia has not beaten a single decent team. They lost to Wisconsin by 10 and Tennessee by 35 in their only tough non-conference games. They don't go on the road to North Carolina or Syracuse, so they have a soft ACC schedule. Virginia is behind Duke, Syracuse and North Carolina.

LOL, First, I think it important to note how uncommon it is that VA be at the top of any mens b-ball list. As a life long fan, I don't get too many sh1t talking opportunities and really have to take advantage as they come available.

That being said though......

Michigan got beat worse than we did by Wisconsin along with some other really crap losses (Who the hell are the Charlotte 49er's???). Winconsin is a loss I am happy to have on my record. Moreover, we will be ranked higher than Michigan by the end of the day and are already ranked higgher then all the ACC teams I mentioned (in conference). And lastly, if our schedule is soo easy then why have all three of the teams I mentioned lost to bottom feeders in the ACC that we absolutely murdered?????
jnedwards11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 10:14:10 AM
At 2/24/2014 10:11:07 AM, jnedwards11 wrote:

LOL, First, I think it important to note how uncommon it is that VA be at the top of any mens b-ball list. As a life long fan, I don't get too many sh1t talking opportunities and really have to take advantage as they come available.

Michigan got beat worse than we did by Wisconsin along with some other really crap losses (Who the hell are the Charlotte 49er's???). Winconsin is a loss I am happy to have on my record. Moreover, we will be ranked higher than Michigan by the end of the day and are already ranked higgher then all the ACC teams I mentioned (in conference). And lastly, if our schedule is soo easy then why have all three of the teams I mentioned lost to bottom feeders in the ACC that we absolutely murdered?????

Oh lord....you mean Michigan, not Michigan state......thats even worse!!!
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 10:21:51 AM

We have wins over:

no 3 Wisconsin
No 3 Michigan State
no 22 Ohio State
no 10 Iowa
No 13 Michigan State
And we gave Nebraska their only home loss. We also won at Minnesota and against Florida State on a neutral court.

Virginia lost to Green Bay! Green Bay! We lead no 1 Arizona by 8 at one point in the second half and only lost by 2. Michigan has played a tougher schedule, and will be better prepared for the NCAA tournament.

Big Ten 13 worst teams:

Penn State: 13-14
Illinois: 13-15
Northwestern: 13-15

ACC worst teams:

Boston College: 7-20
Virginia Tech: 9-17
Miami fl: 13-13

The Big Ten is a way better conference. And we also have more ranked teams.
Ashton
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 10:23:22 AM
At 2/24/2014 10:14:10 AM, jnedwards11 wrote:

Oh lord....you mean Michigan, not Michigan state......thats even worse!!!

At least we don't have a 35 point loss. And we also can say we have had injuries to our top players. Mcgary is injured, we lost Burke and Hardaway, and we still are a top 15 team!
Ashton
jnedwards11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 11:19:06 AM
At 2/24/2014 10:21:51 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:

We have wins over:

no 3 Wisconsin
No 3 Michigan State
no 22 Ohio State
no 10 Iowa
No 13 Michigan State
And we gave Nebraska their only home loss. We also won at Minnesota and against Florida State on a neutral court.

Virginia lost to Green Bay! Green Bay! We lead no 1 Arizona by 8 at one point in the second half and only lost by 2. Michigan has played a tougher schedule, and will be better prepared for the NCAA tournament.

Big Ten 13 worst teams:

ACC worst teams:

Well you can argue schedule until you are blue in the face. And you might even be right. But in the end, UVA has won more games, lost less games and has the #1 ranked defense in the entire NCAA. We are also nationally ranked higher than Michigan. Your schedule is tough, but experts still agree we are a considerably better team (right now).....and so do I.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2014 1:37:41 PM
At 2/24/2014 11:19:06 AM, jnedwards11 wrote:
At 2/24/2014 10:21:51 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:

We have wins over:

no 3 Wisconsin
No 3 Michigan State
no 22 Ohio State
no 10 Iowa
No 13 Michigan State

Big Ten 13 worst teams:

ACC worst teams:

Well you can argue schedule until you are blue in the face. And you might even be right. But in the end, UVA has won more games, lost less games and has the #1 ranked defense in the entire NCAA. We are also nationally ranked higher than Michigan. Your schedule is tough, but experts still agree we are a considerably better team (right now).....and so do I.

Not soon. We are coming off a win against no 13 Michigan State. And no, experts say we are better and are more talented. We are one of the best at not turning the ball over and have one of the best offenses in the Big Ten. And we are balanced and can power inside or shoot jumpshots and three balls.
Ashton