Jump to topic:

Do intelligent people hate sports?

Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2014 10:24:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I've been on DDO for a while and it seems to me that many of the knowledgeable members don't like sports. There are some exceptions, but has there ever been a study on this? Sports IQ vs IQ?

BTW, I'm not saying people who like sports are necessarily stupid or if you don't like sports you're smart,
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 11:17:09 AM
At 1/26/2014 10:24:01 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
I've been on DDO for a while and it seems to me that many of the knowledgeable members don't like sports. There are some exceptions, but has there ever been a study on this? Sports IQ vs IQ?

BTW, I'm not saying people who like sports are necessarily stupid or if you don't like sports you're smart,

Well, I have a math teacher who's so smart he got paid to go to college (he made like $6,000 and only lost money to personal spending), and he's a sports fanatic. I guess it depends on where you find entertainment and stuff. I don't know about any studies or anything, that's just what I know.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2014 8:18:43 PM
At 1/28/2014 11:17:09 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Well, I have a math teacher who's so smart he got paid to go to college (he made like $6,000 and only lost money to personal spending), and he's a sports fanatic. I guess it depends on where you find entertainment and stuff. I don't know about any studies or anything, that's just what I know.

I got paid $3,000 to go to college and I'm not smart.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2014 7:45:33 AM
At 1/28/2014 8:18:43 PM, Loserboi wrote:
At 1/28/2014 11:17:09 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:

I got paid $3,000 to go to college and I'm not smart.

Was it community college?
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...