Jump to topic:

Football

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2010 5:33:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I decided to make a new thread because recent events don't really fit into any of the other categories lol. Anyway I was right about 3/4 of my picks (YAAAY COWBOYS LOSE) but obviously wrong about the Jets/Chargers game! Wow! Everyone knows I'm a Giants/Jets fan but I didn't think my green team had a chance. I'm actually kind of sad because I don't think the Jets' luck can continue much longer; I believe the Chargers had a better chance of winning it all. However like CC said, this is the NFL and anything can happen (See: Pats vs. Giants SuperBowl ... sorry but mentioning that just never gets old lol).

Anyway I think the Vikings are unfortunately going to beat the Saints, though I'll be rooting for the Saints. And I think the Colts will dominate the Jets, though of course I'd like for the Jets to win. A Jets vs. Saints Super Bowl would be ideal and hilarious lol (the wife's a NO fan) but meh. If either team makes it, I'll be happy. If not, it's still been a great season.
President of DDO
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2010 5:39:39 PM
That kicker for the chargers looked like he was gonna kill himself, literally.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2010 5:49:51 PM
As a Packers fan, I've got mixed feelings about the Vikings. Still, I prefer them to the Saints and feel good about their chances. I've got no interest in any other match-ups, though, and only ever watch non-Packers games when my girlfriend makes me haha.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2010 7:36:07 PM
"We will do it L's way.

Chargers vs. Jets
Colts vs. Ravens
Cowboys vs. Vikings
Saints vs. Cardinals

Jets are a stretch but i want a wild card."

Bam.
(Don't worry i am going to get them all wrong next week.)
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 10:50:50 AM
At 1/17/2010 7:51:23 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
Colts are going all the way.

Obviously. They're playing the Jets.
President of DDO
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 10:58:35 AM

Yeah, the Jets suck. But I don't think they will win Super Bowl if the Saints make it.
kfc
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2010 2:22:29 PM
At 1/17/2010 5:52:32 PM, Koopin wrote:
I'm mad... how did the Jets make it to the Championships?

B/c indy let them.
theitalianstallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2010 8:05:39 AM
At 1/18/2010 2:22:29 PM, comoncents wrote:

B/c indy let them.

And the Steelers; if the had beat one of the following: Chiefs, Raiders, or Browns--the Steelers make it and the Jets stay home.
When Reach fell, I came.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2010 10:38:03 AM
[Sees forum entitled "Football", get's excited, clicks link, realises it's all about American Football not proper football, adds snide post, leaves forum]
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2010 2:10:20 PM
At 1/20/2010 10:38:03 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
[Sees forum entitled "Football", get's excited, clicks link, realises it's all about American Football not proper football, adds snide post, leaves forum]

American football is proper football. We are taking the name to force the rest of you to come up with a more creative name (I mean really, "football" for a game that you kick a ball with your feet? You can do better).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2010 2:17:22 PM
At 1/20/2010 2:10:20 PM, OreEle wrote:

American football is proper football. We are taking the name to force the rest of you to come up with a more creative name (I mean really, "football" for a game that you kick a ball with your feet? You can do better).

Football implies feet are involved.

In American football you only punt,the ball is otherwise handled. It should be named "Throwball", or "Catchball". "Handball" has already been taken.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2010 2:31:20 PM
This is what Panda thinks:

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com...

This is what the side that matters thinks:

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com...
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2010 2:32:32 PM
At 1/20/2010 2:17:22 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 1/20/2010 2:10:20 PM, OreEle wrote:

Football implies feet are involved.

In American football you only punt,the ball is otherwise handled. It should be named "Throwball", or "Catchball". "Handball" has already been taken.

There is also field goals. And that doesn't address the point of having to come up with a creative name. I mean, the word "soccer" has nothing to do with what the sport is, that makes it creative. (don't look at "baseball" or "racket ball" or "basketball" or most other sports, just look at this one example with no relationship to anything else) :P
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2010 3:31:06 PM
Maikuru, how did you become a packers fan? I live in Green Bay...

I would love to see Favre/Manning in the superbowl, but I'll settly for Brees/Manning. Either way I hope ol' dogface Manning gets beat.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2010 4:28:49 PM
At 1/20/2010 3:31:06 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
Maikuru, how did you become a packers fan? I live in Green Bay...

I would love to see Favre/Manning in the superbowl, but I'll settly for Brees/Manning. Either way I hope ol' dogface Manning gets beat.

It's actually a ridiculous story that has nothing to do with the team. I was constantly picked on as a kid and my cousin thought that would stop if I followed sports. He asked me what my favorite team was and the Packers were the only ones I could think of. The lie forced me to start watching them and I became a legitimate fan. It didn't help with the teasing, though haha.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2010 6:17:19 PM
At 1/20/2010 8:05:39 AM, theitalianstallion wrote:
At 1/18/2010 2:22:29 PM, comoncents wrote:

B/c indy let them.

And the Steelers; if the had beat one of the following: Chiefs, Raiders, or Browns--the Steelers make it and the Jets stay home.

And the Texans. Had they beat the Jets in Week One, or h#ll, if they had beaten ANY OTHER TEAM during the season that they had lost to, (I mean, only 1 loss this season, other than the Jets loss, had a deficit as big as 8 points), they would of been in and the Jets would have stayed home.

If the Bengals had actually showed up the last week of the season, the Texans STILL would of gotten in.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm just slightly bitter.
sllewuy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2010 6:57:58 PM
At 1/18/2010 10:50:50 AM, theLwerd wrote:

Obviously. They're playing the Jets.

No i believe in the JETS! The number 1 passing defense in the NFL will stop the Colts.