Jump to topic:

Too early for 2014?!

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2014 4:31:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think next year the NFC is going to come down to the Seahawks, Niners and Eagles.

It's that simple (unless Green Bay comes back with a vengeance - which is very possible). The Niners are hungry and feel like they could have taken the Hawks. However, the Hawks are on top of the world, and will be hard as hell to stop. I think the Eagles control their destiny. The NFC East is always a toss up, but they're hot right now.

As for the AFC, I think the Broncos are going to have to work hard to rebound after that brutal loss. They certainly need to get their defense together, and uncertainty surrounding the length of Peyton's tenure could create issues generating perfect cohesiveness with the offense.

In that case, I wouldn't be surprised with the Colts making a run for it. I'm not sure if Kansas City will dominate as easily next year as they did this year, but aside from them and possibly the Bengals, I don't really see anyone standing out as an obvious leader in the division. Hmm. Cincy is known to epically fail in the post-season though.

Of course, the Patriots will always be in the discussion in regard to the AFC post-season. They easily dominate their division every year, making it a free pass to the playoffs. I don't see anyone in that division beating Brady any time soon, and given the Pats success in early playoff games, I wouldn't be surprised if they make it to the AFC championship lol.
President of DDO
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 4:10:23 AM
I hate the Seahawks... I hope Sherman gets injured for the season.

The Seahawks unfortunately will most likely win this division. Qwest field is too hard to play in, now that the fans are more arrogant than ever. They will probably supply megaphones to every attendee. I am betting the seahawks will win the division, and the 9ers will be forced to fight through on the road again... sighhh another year we came up short.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:11:01 AM
At 2/4/2014 4:31:19 PM, Danielle wrote:
I think next year the NFC is going to come down to the Seahawks, Niners and Eagles.

No Arizona or Carolina?
It's that simple (unless Green Bay comes back with a vengeance - which is very possible). The Niners are hungry and feel like they could have taken the Hawks. However, the Hawks are on top of the world, and will be hard as hell to stop. I think the Eagles control their destiny. The NFC East is always a toss up, but they're hot right now.

Call me crazy but I think Dallas will win next year

As for the AFC, I think the Broncos are going to have to work hard to rebound after that brutal loss. They certainly need to get their defense together, and uncertainty surrounding the length of Peyton's tenure could create issues generating perfect cohesiveness with the offense.

The Broncos think will be fine.
In that case, I wouldn't be surprised with the Colts making a run for it. I'm not sure if Kansas City will dominate as easily next year as they did this year, but aside from them and possibly the Bengals, I don't really see anyone standing out as an obvious leader in the division. Hmm. Cincy is known to epically fail in the post-season though.

Kansas City had one good year, that's all.

Of course, the Patriots will always be in the discussion in regard to the AFC post-season. They easily dominate their division every year, making it a free pass to the playoffs. I don't see anyone in that division beating Brady any time soon, and given the Pats success in early playoff games, I wouldn't be surprised if they make it to the AFC championship lol.

Agreed. The Pats will learn from this years AFC Championship game.
Ashton
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2014 9:20:57 PM
At 2/5/2014 4:10:23 AM, Loserboi wrote:
I hate the Seahawks... I hope Sherman gets injured for the season.

The Seahawks unfortunately will most likely win this division. Qwest field is too hard to play in, now that the fans are more arrogant than ever. They will probably supply megaphones to every attendee. I am betting the seahawks will win the division, and the 9ers will be forced to fight through on the road again... sighhh another year we came up short.

During their rowdy home coming celebration, they flipped cars, lit stuff on fire, destroyed untold personal property, and generally ruined their entire city! Wait, that's what happens when Californians win something. Seattle fans are absolutely the nicest.

http://www.king5.com...
http://sports.yahoo.com...

Heck, this guy showed up to the parade in full 49er's attire.

http://www.cbssports.com...

And no one bothered him.

Would that happen in California? I am actually reconsidered my stance on legalized pot.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2014 1:58:12 PM
At 2/5/2014 9:11:01 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:

No Arizona or Carolina?

My thoughts exactly... those 2 are solid teams to watch out for next season.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2014 10:31:33 PM

It's that simple (unless Green Bay comes back with a vengeance - which is very possible).

The Packers have yet to figure out what the malfunction is on defense. Safety is a hot mess right now... There is one stud safety in the draft, Haha Clinton-Dix, but the Cowgirls might pick him up before we do which would really suck. Offense is pretty solid if we can keep Jermichael Finley (contract year, neck fusion surgery).

If we get a good safety and just a tad more help with our front-seven on defense, and don't get decimated by injuries again, the Packers can be the best in the league, easy. But we have two curious problems, one being perpetual injury-filled seasons and the other being underperformance by our defense. Dom Capers' defense won us a SuperBowl 4 years ago so it's hard to blame him, but the fact is we have been really bad every year since then.

The Niners are hungry and feel like they could have taken the Hawks. However, the Hawks are on top of the world, and will be hard as hell to stop. I think the Eagles control their destiny. The NFC East is always a toss up, but they're hot right now.

Eagles should easily win the East, the Niners' defense should get them back in the playoffs again for another shot. Kaepernick doesn't have an answer for that Seattle defense though, he's not a great pocket-passer.

The AFC is weak. I like the Colts but Luck needs to become clutch.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 7:34:19 PM
As someone else brought up, the 49ers have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. This gives them a ton of possibility for long term growth and improvement. They will have about $11 million in cap room to work with for their picks, though this next year is the last year on Keapernick's contract and he is currently still being paid back-up QB pay, so this might be their best chance and it is going to start going down hill.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2014 7:36:36 PM
Meanwhile, the Eagles have about $20 million in cap space to work with.