Jump to topic:

Superbowl!!!!!!!!!

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2010 7:32:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'm hoping for the Saints to win on the scoreboard.

And lose someone important to an injury that'll nag into next season of course. :)
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2010 7:37:13 PM
At 1/24/2010 7:34:44 PM, Koopin wrote:
This is so good!
The Vikings should have gone for the field goal, I am so glad they did not!

That's just 20/20 hindsight. That's a low percentage field goal.

And the odds of encountering a defense set up to defend a relatively deep slant were also rather low.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2010 7:38:17 PM
Good, now I don't have to watch the Superbowl. I was only going to watch if the Vikings made it.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2010 7:40:48 PM
At 1/24/2010 7:38:17 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Good, now I don't have to watch the Superbowl. I was only going to watch if the Vikings made it.

Boo
kfc
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2010 7:44:23 PM
At 1/24/2010 7:41:36 PM, wonderwoman wrote:
Colts victory

Unfortunately, i think there was some iffy calls for the saints in overtime

Not really...
President of DDO
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2010 7:47:06 PM
At 1/24/2010 7:37:13 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 1/24/2010 7:34:44 PM, Koopin wrote:
This is so good!
The Vikings should have gone for the field goal, I am so glad they did not!

That's just 20/20 hindsight. That's a low percentage field goal.

And the odds of encountering a defense set up to defend a relatively deep slant were also rather low.

Yeah.
I think that they made the best call.
Farve just did not.

But that is how it goes!
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2010 7:47:46 PM
At 1/24/2010 7:44:23 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 1/24/2010 7:41:36 PM, wonderwoman wrote:
Colts victory

Unfortunately, i think there was some iffy calls for the saints in overtime

Not really...

Yeah I agree.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2010 7:49:10 PM
Saints, my babies, of course :)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2010 7:49:21 PM
Third hand is the ground amirite?
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2010 7:49:33 PM
At 1/24/2010 7:25:11 PM, comoncents wrote:
Saints Vs Colts!

Who you got!

It is to early to call this one yet.

2 weeks away!
Wow, long time!
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2010 7:52:05 PM
At 1/24/2010 7:49:21 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Third hand is the ground amirite?

Saints OT, pretty much.

But, the Vikings got a TD where they should've had a 2nd and goal earlier in the game.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
wonderwoman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2010 8:01:51 PM
ok lets review shall we? A kinda almost not really a catch for a gain of 12 yards. A not so good not having control run. Iffy calls that could and did decide the game.

Im not sayign the right call wasn't made just iffy calls I think there was like 4 play reviews in OT
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2010 8:08:09 PM
I'll let you know who I think will win in 2 weeks, during the game with 20 seconds left in the 4th quarter. And I'll bet almost anything that I'm right.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2010 8:09:22 PM
At 1/24/2010 8:01:51 PM, wonderwoman wrote:
ok lets review shall we? A kinda almost not really a catch for a gain of 12 yards. A not so good not having control run. Iffy calls that could and did decide the game.

Im not sayign the right call wasn't made just iffy calls I think there was like 4 play reviews in OT

yeah, I don't think the ground really counts as a "third hand". So that would mean it was incomplete.

but hey, that happens. Just as it did earlier in the game when the Vikings got a TD on a reach when the dudes knee hit a yard outside b4 it broke the plane.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2010 8:10:16 PM
That pass interference call in OT was questionable. The ball was uncatchable.

The vikes turned it over to damn much though those fumbles were inexcusable.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2010 8:11:30 PM
At 1/24/2010 8:10:16 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
That pass interference call in OT was questionable. The ball was uncatchable.
yep
The vikes turned it over to damn much though those fumbles were inexcusable.
double yep

Metaphysics:
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2010 9:26:11 PM
Favre's interception had very little to do with it. It was pretty much a necessity to force the ball there, or it would have been an impossible mode kick. It was a deliberate risk that didn't work out.

If anything, the penalty right before it is what necessitated the interception.

Then again, there're a lot of things that could've been different to change the score. That's the nature of a crazy game between one and two seeds with a close score.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 7:19:26 AM
• Brett Favre threw two interceptions to take over the record for the most INTs by a QB in postseason history with 30. He also set the record for career postseason passing yards and career postseason pass completions.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 7:20:12 AM
Quick fun recap.

The Saints advanced to their first Super Bowl and became the first home team to win a conference championship game in overtime.

• This is the first time since 1993 that the two No. 1 seeds will face off in the Super Bowl.

• Brett Favre threw two interceptions to take over the record for the most INTs by a QB in postseason history with 30. He also set the record for career postseason passing yards and career postseason pass completions.

• Garrett Hartley won the game with a 40-yard field goal, joining Rich Karlis, Morten Andersen and Lawrence Tynes as the only kickers to win a conference title game with an OT field goal.

• The Vikings had six fumbles, two shy of the single-game postseason record.

• Adrian Peterson tied a conference championship record and set a Vikings postseason record with three rushing TDs.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 8:05:05 AM
At 1/24/2010 8:01:51 PM, wonderwoman wrote:

Yeah, they reviewed all the plays and in the end the right calls were made. I am SHOCKED that the Vikings didn't win though. When they had the ball with 30 seconds left on 3rd down and pretty much almost within range of their kicker, I thought that was the end of it. If they would have played their cards right with that possession, they could have easily won. They should have staggered their Time Outs differently and had AP run (and hopefully not fumble) to get the ball as close to the uprights as possible.
President of DDO
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 8:10:08 AM
They did run the first two downs. It wasn't working.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 8:14:10 AM
At 1/25/2010 8:10:08 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

yeah, I wondered on those first two why they didn't go for passing plays to at least have a shot at a TD to really secure the game. I put it up to their not wanting to lose their chances with a pick. lol

Metaphysics:
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 8:16:37 AM

Try harder lol.

Actually, I know what play they should have called in that situation (I don't know the name of it)... I use it on Madden all the time with Shockey since I have the 09 version where he plays with the Giants. Anyway it's basically where the TE runs straight and you pass it over the lineman but it's kind of a short pass which gives the TE room to run. It's good for a pick-up of about 8 at least. They should have done that a few times or tried pitching it to the outside so someone could get out of bounds or try to gain some yardage immediately away from where the D would obviously be trying to stop the run up the middle. The fumble that made it 3rd and 15 is what screwed them (I think it was a fumble?) because then they forced BF the INT king to throw.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 8:18:03 AM
At 1/25/2010 8:14:10 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

yeah, I wondered on those first two why they didn't go for passing plays to at least have a shot at a TD to really secure the game. I put it up to their not wanting to lose their chances with a pick. lol

Good point. That's why I think very short passes would have been the way to go. Or at least an interesting running play... Maybe a run play in the hands of the TE or someone other than AP. Mayhaps even a QB sneak if they could get the O-line to really (and I mean really) protect Favre? Eh, then again he was slightly injured at that point...
President of DDO