comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 11:33:10 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Should he come back?

Does he still have it?

Brett Favre's season ended in similar fashion to his end to the 2007 season -- with a late INT that helped seal his team's loss.

Category............ 2007 vs. NYG...........2009 vs. NO
Passer rating............... 70.7..............70.0
Last pass.................... INT................INT
Result............L, 23-20 (OT)............... L, 31-28 (OT)
alyssa_16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 12:43:32 PM
no he needs to retire
you took me back to the time we had had our very first fight the slamming of doors in stead of a kiss good night you stayed out side all night a few years have come and gone and we were sitting at our favorite spot in town and you looked at me got down on one knee your momma cryed and so did my daddy, i said yes !!we went home were we met 10 years ago after all this time you and me WOW!! I never would have guessed i am so excited!!!!!!!!!!
alyssa_16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 12:50:44 PM
he got sacked like 1000 times i am over exatrating as you know and the saints won by a feild goal
you took me back to the time we had had our very first fight the slamming of doors in stead of a kiss good night you stayed out side all night a few years have come and gone and we were sitting at our favorite spot in town and you looked at me got down on one knee your momma cryed and so did my daddy, i said yes !!we went home were we met 10 years ago after all this time you and me WOW!! I never would have guessed i am so excited!!!!!!!!!!
alyssa_16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 12:52:02 PM
he got sacked like 100 times i am over exatrating as you know and the saints won by a feild goal
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 12:58:22 PM
It's Favre :p

No, I don't think he should retire. He obviously is still very passionate about the game and still talented and performing (and not getting injured). Any athlete would tell you how much they miss the game and miss playing- so why should he retire early? He is still playing at a championship level, and he's finally on a team that may get him the Super Bowl ring he deserves. This way he's making more money and making the most out of his talent. He can retire when he gets hurt or starts to suck. For now, let the guy try to end his career on a positive note.
President of DDO
alyssa_16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 1:02:26 PM
thats my point if he keeps going he will end his carrear on a bad note and i would not want to end my carrear on a bad note i wunde stand the love for the game but at a certain age you just cant do it aney more he is just wereing his body down evean quicker
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 1:03:12 PM
At 1/25/2010 12:58:22 PM, theLwerd wrote:

No, I don't think he should retire. He obviously is still very passionate about the game and still talented and performing (and not getting injured). Any athlete would tell you how much they miss the game and miss playing- so why should he retire early? He is still playing at a championship level, and he's finally on a team that may get him the Super Bowl ring he deserves. This way he's making more money and making the most out of his talent. He can retire when he gets hurt or starts to suck. For now, let the guy try to end his career on a positive note.

Boo
kfc
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 1:05:06 PM
How do you know he won't end on a good note? He shows no signs of slowing down, and he came close to going all the way this year.

Plus, I already said that athletes always wish for "one more game." I mean look at Michael Jordan who came out of retirement. You miss that spotlight and that action when you're so passionate about your athletic career. So if Favre wants to "wear his body down quicker" then fine; at least he's doing what he loves and living his life the way he wants. Plus, he's staying in excellent shape. Maybe his health would deteriorate if he stopped.
President of DDO
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 1:12:05 PM
why did the Vikings get to the championship again, oh yeah, favre.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 2:45:43 PM
At 1/25/2010 1:02:26 PM, alyssa_16 wrote:
thats my point if he keeps going he will end his carrear on a bad note
No, if he ends his career NOW he ends on a bad note-- an INT in a game with 2 INTs and I think a fumble credited to him.

Unless he just has a badass Pro Bowl, but that doesn't count.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 2:46:24 PM
As for wearing his body down, it's not like he's going to be playing football after he's done playing football, what does he care? :P
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 2:49:31 PM
At 1/25/2010 2:46:24 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
As for wearing his body down, it's not like he's going to be playing football after he's done playing football, what does he care? :P

Ha, yeah - that's what I meant.
President of DDO
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 2:54:31 PM
Unless Xzibit gets to him and says "Sup dawg, we heard you like football, so we put a football career on the end of yo football career, so you can play after you play."

Oh wait that was the last few years nevermind.
Rob1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 9:19:34 PM

R_R, have you ever seen a man slowly grow old? The pain the body starts going through as those old injuries get worse and worse, and tieing your shoes and entering/exiting a vehicle become major obstacles in your day? That man's courage is unbelievable. There is no doubt in my mind that he is going to experience more pain, due to his last ten years (not just the last 1 or 2) of staying in the game than any of us will ever have to feel unless we get extremely old and frail. The remarkable part about it is that he does it for the love of the game, not the money. You can disagree with me, but I know what I see. All the money in the world isn't going to kill the pain in his bones throughout the rest of his miserable life. He is playing because he is one of the very few who realize that retirement involves more than physical relaxation and release from responsibility. It involves a person losing the very essence of why they get out of bed in the morning. It often involves depression, loneliness, and misery. It takes a great deal of appreciation to understand that and I laugh every time I hear people talking about being able to retire soon, they think it's all fishing and relaxing and soaking up life but if they don't have a way to feel useful and needed they might as well just jump off a cliff when they walk out of work for the last time. The jewels cease to sparkle and the gold ceases to shine when you get older. Football is all he has left; any pleasure he got from money was exhausted decades ago.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2010 10:54:18 PM
At 1/25/2010 9:19:34 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:

R_R, have you ever seen a man slowly grow old? The pain the body starts going through as those old injuries get worse and worse, and tieing your shoes and entering/exiting a vehicle become major obstacles in your day?
The guy's freaking iron. Daily tasks will never be a major obstacle unless something new happens. Will there be pain? Yes, but that is true whether he plays another year or not. He's played 19 years at the highest level of probably the most brutal sport in history (excluding the ones where the average "player" was more likely to die while playing than retire.) 19 or 20 isn't a huge diffrence.

All the money in the world isn't going to kill the pain in his bones throughout the rest of his miserable life.
I think you underestimate modern medicine quite a bit, especially considering how most of the old football players who are hurting did mostly without it (high pay in professional sports is a relatively recently development).

He is playing because he is one of the very few who realize that retirement involves more than physical relaxation and release from responsibility. It involves a person losing the very essence of why they get out of bed in the morning.
And you're saying this is why he should retire?
I agree that retirement sucks. If I had the talent for professional football (and did not have various and sundry political issues that take priority), I'd never retire until it had been proven to me that I was no longer able to survive the field and or contribute to a win. It's an awesome sport. Yet that isn't an argument for retirement.
alyssa_16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2010 12:28:26 PM
At 1/25/2010 1:03:12 PM, Koopin wrote:

Boo

i agree Boo
theitalianstallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2010 1:50:34 PM
At 1/25/2010 11:33:10 AM, comoncents wrote:
Should he come back?

Does he still have it?

Brett Favre's season ended in similar fashion to his end to the 2007 season -- with a late INT that helped seal his team's loss.

Category............ 2007 vs. NYG...........2009 vs. NO
Passer rating............... 70.7..............70.0
Last pass.................... INT................INT
Result............L, 23-20 (OT)............... L, 31-28 (OT)

Why does everyone try to put this loss squarely on Favre's shoulders just because of that one INT?

Peterson fumbled multiple times and the fumble credited to Favre should've been to AP; Harvin also fumbled. Those around Favre cost the Vikings the game.

Also, I put partial blame on the zebras. In overtime, there was that bull pass interference call on 3rd and long, if I'm not mistaken, which put the Saints in field goal range. The entire game the refs were on their knees blowing the game for both teams.
When Reach fell, I came.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2010 1:55:33 PM
I'd say it depends on what the Vikings work on in the off season. If they can get Farve some better protection, then he should stay. If not, then I wouldn't put myself through that if I were him.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2010 1:56:53 PM
At 1/26/2010 12:28:26 PM, alyssa_16 wrote:

Boo

i agree Boo

wow tank yu sooooooooooooo much 4 contributing i was liek LOL!!!
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
alyssa_16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 12:38:05 PM
At 1/27/2010 1:56:53 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Boo

i agree Boo

¿Por qué es usted tan jelious de mí?
alyssa_16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 12:38:42 PM

Boo

i agree Boo

alyssa_16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 12:40:12 PM

Boo

i agree Boo

usted pelled como injusticia
alyssa_16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2010 12:43:10 PM

Boo

i agree Boo

how about that ¿Usted bajo se para eso?
alyssa_16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 6:35:40 AM
At 1/29/2010 5:40:55 PM, sllewuy wrote:
Brett Favre should learn from Kurt Warner and know when to quit.

thNK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH some someone i agree with :) yes
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 7:22:52 AM
At 1/31/2010 6:35:40 AM, alyssa_16 wrote:
At 1/29/2010 5:40:55 PM, sllewuy wrote:
Brett Favre should learn from Kurt Warner and know when to quit.

thNK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH some someone i agree with :) yes

lol OMG i nio i was liek loooooool xD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 7:26:30 AM
At 1/29/2010 12:38:05 PM, alyssa_16 wrote:

At 1/29/2010 12:40:12 PM, alyssa_16 wrote:
usted pelled como injusticia

At 1/29/2010 12:43:10 PM, alyssa_16 wrote:

how about that ¿Usted bajo se para eso?

Protip - Responding to the the same comment four times in Spanish isn't affirming any form of superiority. Considering the state of the countries which speak Spanish compared to those that speak English, you've put yourself on a lower level than me. Congratulations.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 11:12:13 AM
Adroos al-loha al-arabeeya, ana irhabi?