Jump to topic:

What's your Preseason Top 25 for CFB

Value_LLL
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 7:24:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I have been pumped watching a lot of last years highlights and can't wait for this season... only 140 some odd days left... Anyway, just for fun, I wanted to post my preseason top25 prior to me doing any of my research on who left or who is coming back. I am obviously aware of certain departures like Manziel, Boyd, Murray, Joyner, McCarron, etc... but I am yet to delve into the specifics of the teams... nonetheless here is my Way Too Early Preseason Top 25....

1. Florida St = call me crazy. I understand that teams lose players, recruit players, ect... nonetheless, I (though not strongly) feel that the National title winner is still number one until they lose. Foolish due to SOS or lack there of in some cases, but that is how I am starting this prior to researching.

2. Alabama = reloaded like CRAZY. Though they didn't end the season on the best on notes, I think it is fair to say that they have a strong chance at making it to the title this year.

3. Auburn = looked good in their closing games. Thought they were going to run away with the title for a minute. Nonetheless, I think they are on the right track.

4. Michigan St = D'Antonio has this team working the way he wants and with him keeping Narduzzi around, there is nothing to say that they won't or at least couldn't be as good this season.

5. Ohio St = most probably think I have them too high especially since they lost their last two games. But 24-2... Meyer has this team clicking, just a few repairs here and there and they could be in the mix as well.

6. Oregon = This is one that I actually think is a little too high. I was not impressed with Oregon on the back end of the schedule. Definitely expected more. But nonetheless, they have been fairly consistent regarding 10+ winning seasons. Still have speed. Still recruiting pretty well. Should be an interesting season with USC and Washington both having new coaches as well.

7. Stanford = Though they came up short, they definitely made it a game. Tough, physical, in your face football. Shaw is good, just has to keep it up.

8. Oklahoma = I am uncertain of this team. While, no offense to the Tide fans here, I very much enjoyed them picking Bama apart... I couldn't help but wonder where this team was all season. Let's see if it carries over. Need some consistency.

9. Clemson = Most might say that I have them too low, but if I remember right they did lose some big time weapons (Watkins, Boyd, etc). Swinney has them in the same boat as Meyer with Ohio St imo. Has it working, just needs to fix some loose ends in order to get them over the hump. FSU is no joke, last year showed that Clemson. No offense to the vast amount of Clemson fans on here lol.

10. LSU = I am not certain on the situation of Metenberger or whatever his name is, but LSU had some big time recruits come in over the past few years, I wouldn't be surprised to see them shine this year.

11. South Carolina

12. Missouri

13. Wisconsin

14. UCLA

15. Texas A&M

16. Texas

17. Baylor

18. Louisville

19. Notre Dame

20. Arizona St

21. Oklahoma St

22. USC

23. Washington

24. Nebraska

25. Duke

Now that I am this far, I figured I would also add my Way Too Early Preseason Conference Championship Games/Winners lol...

Major Conference Title Match-ups (with Champ) Subject to change of course, but as of right this moment.

PAC12 = Call it a stretch, I am taking USC/Stanford with Stanford winning the title.

Big12 = Kansas outright. Actually, I think the fav is Oklahoma. Though it'll be interesting to see Strong at Texas, I say he needs at least a year first.

AAC = does anyone care? I'll take UCF again even though Bortles left I believe.

Big Ten = It will be either Nebraska/Wisconsin vs Ohio St/Michigan St. I am going to be hopeful and inspire on the side of revenge and say Nebraska vs Michigan St with Nebraska claiming their first conference title since 99 lol.

ACC = Something is telling me that Miami might put some stuff together, but another part is telling me no lol. Instead, I am going with VaTech vs Florida St. I don't think FSU will be what they were last year, but I think they will be enough to claim the ACC title again.

SEC = Big question of the day. I feel that the West will come down to Bama/LSU, leaning more toward Bama right now. And the East will come down to South Carolina/Georgia. I am going to go with Bama vs South Carolina with Bama taking it of course.

For the national title... I am currently leaning toward Bama and OU. I think this would be a solid revenge match up from the post season of 2013. Only problem is, will OUs SOS hold up enough, not having a conference title game hurts them. Otherwise I would go with Bama vs FSU, with Bama winning it lol.

Congrats Bama fans. Go be annoying. Yes, I realize it hasn't happened yet and is still a long way off, but this is how I currently feel.
Value_LLL
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2014 7:34:56 AM
Right after I made this post, I realized that the Playoff starts this year, that should definitely be interesting.

I guess I will put... Bama, OU, Fsu, Ohio St... thought about putting Stanford and/or LSU in there, probably substituted for OU... SOS is going to mean a lot more now.
Value_LLL
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 9:43:52 AM
This is the 2014 preseason coaches poll that was released about a week ago.

1. Florida St
2. Alabama
3. Oklahoma
4. Oregon
5. Auburn
6. Ohio St
7. UCLA
8. Michigan St
9. South Carolina
10. Baylor
11. Stanford
12. Georgia
13. LSU
14. Wisconsin
15. USC
16. Clemson
17. Notre Dame
18. Arizona St
19. Ole Miss
20. Texas A&M
21. Kansas St
22. Nebraska
23. North Carolina
24. Texas
25. Washington

In case I haven't mentioned (I don't remember), I am a Nebraska fan. Anyone that knows our state with Pelini knows that he has won at least 9 or 10 wins in each of his 6 seasons and has had 4 losses in every season. Our toughest games this year, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan St, and arguably Northwestern are all road games so that could be 4 right there. However, I feel like this is the year that he breaks the 4 loss mark. If it is fewer, that's great. If it is more... I would be on the look out for people calling for his job. All in all, I think we are good enough to beat everyone on the schedule... though I highly doubt that will happen. Nebraska had some strength and conditioning issues last year and has had a turnover problem since Pelini took over, we will find a way to give games away. I am going to predict an either 11-1 or 10-2 season for us this year.

Who is your team? How do you see them doing this year?
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2014 6:57:08 PM
At 8/5/2014 9:43:52 AM, Value_LLL wrote:

1. Florida St
2. Alabama
3. Oklahoma
4. Oregon
5. Auburn
6. Ohio St
7. UCLA
8. Michigan St
9. South Carolina
10. Baylor
11. Stanford
12. Georgia
13. LSU
14. Wisconsin
15. USC
16. Clemson
17. Notre Dame
18. Arizona St
19. Ole Miss
20. Texas A&M
21. Kansas St
22. Nebraska
23. North Carolina
24. Texas
25. Washington

In case I haven't mentioned (I don't remember), I am a Nebraska fan. Anyone that knows our state with Pelini knows that he has won at least 9 or 10 wins in each of his 6 seasons and has had 4 losses in every season. Our toughest games this year, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan St, and arguably Northwestern are all road games so that could be 4 right there. However, I feel like this is the year that he breaks the 4 loss mark. If it is fewer, that's great. If it is more... I would be on the look out for people calling for his job. All in all, I think we are good enough to beat everyone on the schedule... though I highly doubt that will happen. Nebraska had some strength and conditioning issues last year and has had a turnover problem since Pelini took over, we will find a way to give games away. I am going to predict an either 11-1 or 10-2 season for us this year.

SEC: Alabama vs South Carolina
Big Ten: Nebraska vs Ohio State
ACC: North Carolina vs Florida State
PAC 12: UCLA vs Oregon
MAC: NIU vs Bowling Green
MW: Utah State vs Nevada
CUSA: Marshall vs Louisiana Tech
Ashton
Value_LLL
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 5:18:40 PM
At 8/5/2014 6:57:08 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:

1. Florida St
2. Alabama
3. Oklahoma
4. Oregon
5. Auburn
6. Ohio St
7. UCLA
8. Michigan St
9. South Carolina
10. Baylor
11. Stanford
12. Georgia
13. LSU
14. Wisconsin
15. USC
16. Clemson
17. Notre Dame
18. Arizona St
19. Ole Miss
20. Texas A&M
21. Kansas St
22. Nebraska
23. North Carolina
24. Texas
25. Washington

I have to say, I don't see those as stretches at all. Appears that you took who was favored in most cases. Nebraska isn't favored, but I would love be in that game... I agree with the PAC-12. I am not so sure on the North Carolina pick though. I know Fedora had them rolling by the end of the year, but they started horribly. Not to mention that they are going to be competing with teams like Miami, Va Tech, and G-Tech for that spot and we can't forget Duke.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 5:22:10 PM
At 8/7/2014 5:18:40 PM, Value_LLL wrote:

1. Florida St
2. Alabama
3. Oklahoma
4. Oregon
5. Auburn
6. Ohio St
7. UCLA
8. Michigan St
9. South Carolina
10. Baylor
11. Stanford
12. Georgia
13. LSU
14. Wisconsin
15. USC
16. Clemson
17. Notre Dame
18. Arizona St
19. Ole Miss
20. Texas A&M
21. Kansas St
22. Nebraska
23. North Carolina
24. Texas
25. Washington

I have to say, I don't see those as stretches at all. Appears that you took who was favored in most cases. Nebraska isn't favored, but I would love be in that game... I agree with the PAC-12. I am not so sure on the North Carolina pick though. I know Fedora had them rolling by the end of the year, but they started horribly. Not to mention that they are going to be competing with teams like Miami, Va Tech, and G-Tech for that spot and we can't forget Duke.

Penn State will beat either Michigan State or Ohio State, I say Michigan State.
Ashton
Value_LLL
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 5:44:35 PM
At 8/7/2014 5:22:10 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:

1. Florida St
2. Alabama
3. Oklahoma
4. Oregon
5. Auburn
6. Ohio St
7. UCLA
8. Michigan St
9. South Carolina
10. Baylor
11. Stanford
12. Georgia
13. LSU
14. Wisconsin
15. USC
16. Clemson
17. Notre Dame
18. Arizona St
19. Ole Miss
20. Texas A&M
21. Kansas St
22. Nebraska
23. North Carolina
24. Texas
25. Washington

Is that your team? Personally, I don't see either happening. If it were though, I agree that Michigan St is the more likely of the two... especially given the schalacking they took by Ohio St last year. Of course I didn't think that Penn St would have beaten Wisconsin last year, but that happened.

Funny think about your Big Ten prediction is that Nebraska is predicted to finish 3rd behind Wisconsin and Iowa.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 5:50:40 PM
At 8/7/2014 5:44:35 PM, Value_LLL wrote:

1. Florida St
2. Alabama
3. Oklahoma
4. Oregon
5. Auburn
6. Ohio St
7. UCLA
8. Michigan St
9. South Carolina
10. Baylor
11. Stanford
12. Georgia
13. LSU
14. Wisconsin
15. USC
16. Clemson
17. Notre Dame
18. Arizona St
19. Ole Miss
20. Texas A&M
21. Kansas St
22. Nebraska
23. North Carolina
24. Texas
25. Washington

Is that your team? Personally, I don't see either happening. If it were though, I agree that Michigan St is the more likely of the two... especially given the schalacking they took by Ohio St last year. Of course I didn't think that Penn St would have beaten Wisconsin last year, but that happened.

Funny think about your Big Ten prediction is that Nebraska is predicted to finish 3rd behind Wisconsin and Iowa.

No, I'm a Michigan fan. I see us m,beating Penn State, but losing to Rutgers (I seriously do), Michigan State, and Ohio State.
Ashton
Value_LLL
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2014 6:00:51 PM
At 8/7/2014 5:50:40 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 8/7/2014 5:44:35 PM, Value_LLL wrote:

1. Florida St
2. Alabama
3. Oklahoma
4. Oregon
5. Auburn
6. Ohio St
7. UCLA
8. Michigan St
9. South Carolina
10. Baylor
11. Stanford
12. Georgia
13. LSU
14. Wisconsin
15. USC
16. Clemson
17. Notre Dame
18. Arizona St
19. Ole Miss
20. Texas A&M
21. Kansas St
22. Nebraska
23. North Carolina
24. Texas
25. Washington

No, I'm a Michigan fan. I see us m,beating Penn State, but losing to Rutgers (I seriously do), Michigan State, and Ohio State.

I have a few friends that are Michigan fans. They weren't too happy that we beat ya last year and were also upset that it was the first loss in the Big House under Hoke. Of course last year was a pretty bad year for Michigan. Granted the Rodriguez years were worse, but last year Michigan got pushed around. Hoke is definitely on the hot seat to show some sort of improvement this year, of course given the dynamic of the hot seat, Pelini is on it too lol.

I joke with my friends that they should be worried about Appalachian St. lol given what happened last time you two played. As long as Michigan has truly improved I could see a 9 win season with losses coming from Ohio St, MSU, and possibly Notre Dame or Penn St. Hard to really gauge Michigan though. Given Hokes first year, it feels like at any time they could be that 2011 team again, especially given the recruiting ability there. I think tOSU and MSU are almost guaranteed losses. Of course Michigan will play them strong, but those two are definitely the two top dogs currently. And since I don't see the liklihood of the 2011 type team emerging, but still think they will be improved, I say one more loss to one of those teams.

How do you see Nebraskas season unfolding?