Jump to topic:

Washington Redskins

R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 12:06:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
They just picked up DeSean Jackson, who's sportsmanship is so horribly bad that his team released him despite being one of the most electrifying offensive players in the league. A player that throws the ball away on the one-yard line showing off and has an attitude like Tupac Shakur.

Their owner refuses to change their racially-provocative name, which has continually rubbed many people (and government) the wrong way.

Their quarterback, who is well hyped but unproven and (as of yet) unsuccessful, has his own logo. Last I checked, you had to finish a season before you start opening your own branding!

Classically the Raiders have been the team that cares least about character, and more recently I think the Lions have held that title as the 'dirtiest team in sports.' Particularly with Jim Schwartz leaving the Lions, could the Redskins be the new team that plays it most dirty? The Jets are on the periphery of the discussion I think, employing names in recent history like Michael Vick, Santonio Holmes, and Plaxico Burress. The Tim Tebow incident was sketchy as well and sometimes it seems like Rex Ryan is running a circus.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2014 1:14:34 PM
I remember when Jackson was first cut, my dad was thinking Seattle might be able to "tame" him. They have a ton of aggressive personality on the team but still manage to keep it from being too negative (at least on the field).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2014 4:31:53 PM
At 4/12/2014 1:14:34 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I remember when Jackson was first cut, my dad was thinking Seattle might be able to "tame" him. They have a ton of aggressive personality on the team but still manage to keep it from being too negative (at least on the field).

Having a weapon like d-jax on seattle would have been ridiculous.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2014 8:06:06 PM
At 4/13/2014 4:31:53 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 4/12/2014 1:14:34 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Having a weapon like d-jax on seattle would have been ridiculous.

Well, they no longer have Rice or Tate, so they are in need of some solid WRs, though they need to be large receivers that can also block down field.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 9:04:01 PM
The redskins are going all the way!!!!
To a 9-7 record and a wild card. Narowly edging the Dallas Cowboys, who will, yet again, miss out on the playoffs by a half game, cause that seems to be the cowboys MO
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2014 6:40:07 PM
At 4/25/2014 9:04:01 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
The redskins are going all the way!!!!
To a 9-7 record and a wild card. Narowly edging the Dallas Cowboys, who will, yet again, miss out on the playoffs by a half game, cause that seems to be the cowboys MO

Man, I'm having a hard time reading that team.

They open at Houston. This will be a major game for them to help set the tone. Houston is not a good team, but they are much better 2-14 so don't let that fool you. Plus, they will likely be taking Clowey, who is fast enough to really pressure RG3. There were also talks that they may be able to trade to get a late 1st round pick to still get a high QB (I think the ESPN guys were talking about from the Chargers). I'd bet that Houston won't win their division, but they could easily bounce back to a 7-9 to 9-7 team (especially with 4 games against Tampa Bay and Jacksonville).

They follow that up with Jacksonville. Even for the Redskins, that shouldn't be too hard at home.

Then they go to Philly to get a loss. The Giants come to them and Manning should win, but we'll need to see how his surgery and recovery goes (and the rest of his team). Then Seattle comes to town to beat them down. Then at Arizona and I see them starting, at best 3-3, most likely 2-4.

Looking over their entire schedule the only wins that should be automatic (I know that no win is "automatic" in football, but you know what I mean) is week 2 hosting Jacksonville and week 11 hosting Tampa Bay. The games that are practically automatic losses are...

WK3 @ Philly
WK5 hosting Seattle
WK6 @ Arizona
WK8 @ Dallas
WK12 @ San Fran
WK13 @ Indy

Dallas and Philly at home are going to be piss arse tough, but possible.

So that kind of already puts them at 2-6, maybe going 5-3 for the other games to finish 7-9 would be decent.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2014 6:40:48 PM
Although, they do end week 17 facing Dallas at home, so it just might happen (though I think they would be squeaking in at 8-8)