The Best QB Backups

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2014 9:49:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://bleacherreport.com...

While this is an old report, we won't get a new one for a while (until the Pre-season). Bleacher is showing that Mallett and Cousins are the best backup QBs. What are some of the others?

Are they good enough to work as trade bait for some high second round picks or is the current QB class just too deep and strong? There are a number of people suggesting that the Texans, even after cutting Schaub, may not draft a QB with their #1 pick. If they go that route and all the other teams take those good QBs, could a team potentially get that R2 pick?

I don't think the Red Skins can really let Cousins go, at least not until RG3 proves that he can go the entire season. But the Pats could definitely let Mallett go to get that really high pick.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2014 10:36:04 PM
At 4/15/2014 9:49:22 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

While this is an old report, we won't get a new one for a while (until the Pre-season). Bleacher is showing that Mallett and Cousins are the best backup QBs. What are some of the others?

Matt Flynn for some reason is better than Dan Marino and Joe Montana having gay buttsex and producing a baby boy that is raised like Kurt Russel in Soldier to do nothing but play SuperBowl-calibur football - that is, when he is playing back-up QB in the Packers' system!

Are they good enough to work as trade bait for some high second round picks or is the current QB class just too deep and strong? There are a number of people suggesting that the Texans, even after cutting Schaub, may not draft a QB with their #1 pick. If they go that route and all the other teams take those good QBs, could a team potentially get that R2 pick?

I don't think the Red Skins can really let Cousins go, at least not until RG3 proves that he can go the entire season. But the Pats could definitely let Mallett go to get that really high pick.

Mallett wouldn't make sense to me. Vegas has NE as the fourth most-likeliest team to win it all this year, so why give up your insurance on Brady? He's aging and the trade would instantly create a need.

I'd actually go for it sooner with Cousins. RG3 is criticized for his injury history but let's look at this clearly - this guy took a devastating hit to his knee that would have ripped a bear's leg off and then fought through the rest of the 2012 season like a warrior until his knee fell apart from underneath him while he tried in vain to take the Skins through the playoffs. He came back too soon and they finally admitted they shouldn't have pushed him to come back on day 1 (as evidenced by his preseason absence).

RG3 is young, he's a warrior and he will be the Redskins' only hope of getting anywhere. Either he and D-Jax are going to rise from the ashes and bring this hopeless team back from the dead or else their season is toast. Cousins is not saving the Skins' SB hopes. I think second-round isn't a stretch for him, but I still don't think the Texans can give up the chance for somebody like Manziel and co. in the first-round. As cool as Watt and Clowney would be, they don't technically have a need for his skills and QB is way too important.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 12:39:25 AM
At 4/17/2014 10:36:04 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 4/15/2014 9:49:22 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Matt Flynn for some reason is better than Dan Marino and Joe Montana having gay buttsex and producing a baby boy that is raised like Kurt Russel in Soldier to do nothing but play SuperBowl-calibur football - that is, when he is playing back-up QB in the Packers' system!

Mallett wouldn't make sense to me. Vegas has NE as the fourth most-likeliest team to win it all this year, so why give up your insurance on Brady? He's aging and the trade would instantly create a need.

I'd actually go for it sooner with Cousins. RG3 is criticized for his injury history but let's look at this clearly - this guy took a devastating hit to his knee that would have ripped a bear's leg off and then fought through the rest of the 2012 season like a warrior until his knee fell apart from underneath him while he tried in vain to take the Skins through the playoffs. He came back too soon and they finally admitted they shouldn't have pushed him to come back on day 1 (as evidenced by his preseason absence).

RG3 is young, he's a warrior and he will be the Redskins' only hope of getting anywhere. Either he and D-Jax are going to rise from the ashes and bring this hopeless team back from the dead or else their season is toast. Cousins is not saving the Skins' SB hopes. I think second-round isn't a stretch for him, but I still don't think the Texans can give up the chance for somebody like Manziel and co. in the first-round. As cool as Watt and Clowney would be, they don't technically have a need for his skills and QB is way too important.

You're complimenting RG3?!? WHO ARE YOU!!!
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 12:40:24 AM
At 4/18/2014 12:39:25 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

That boy has heart. And his own logo.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 3:49:06 AM
Okay, are their any others that you can think would be good trade bait?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 3:51:51 AM
Though it should already be noted that Mallett is already 25. He may be 27 or 28 before Brady is ready to pass the torch. That means that as a replacement, he may only get 5 - 8 years of good production before you have to look at replacing him. Where as a younger player may be able to go 10 - 13 years.

You also need to be aware (though this depends on the player) that if they release that they could be a starter elsewhere (and make more money then as a backup) that they will hold out for more money, hurting your cap room.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2014 3:55:27 AM
At 4/18/2014 3:51:51 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Though it should already be noted that Mallett is already 25. He may be 27 or 28 before Brady is ready to pass the torch. That means that as a replacement, he may only get 5 - 8 years of good production before you have to look at replacing him. Where as a younger player may be able to go 10 - 13 years.

You also need to be aware (though this depends on the player) that if they release that they could be a starter elsewhere (and make more money then as a backup) that they will hold out for more money, hurting your cap room.

This is the last year of his rookie contract, after all.

http://www.patspulpit.com...

Though it seems that they are wanting to hold him for now.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2014 8:55:40 PM
At 4/18/2014 12:40:24 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:

A man who has, in one statement, earned my respect, thats who

"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2014 6:24:10 PM
At 4/25/2014 8:55:40 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 4/18/2014 12:40:24 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:

A man who has, in one statement, earned my respect, thats who

It's just weird. When RG3 and Luck were first being drafted and even when they were finishing their college careers, I was the big RG3 fan and Rob was the big Luck fan.