Taking bets on Megatron's TD-Dunx

R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 3:54:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://espn.go.com...

The NFL just established a rule that TD-posts are props and cannot be used to in celebrations. CJ says that he is not going to stop dunking, and he's found a loophole that will stop him from being penalized: not touching the post in the act. My question to you: will he do it?

I think his decision to announce this is interesting. If he hadn't announced it, he might get penalized when doing it since the refs wouldn't be really looking at whether he touched it or not. So by saying this, he's now put the refs in a position where they will have to interpret the rule from his perspective - that he's not actually touching the "rim," so he's not actually breaking the rule. But they may adjust the rule now that he said that, or else instruct the refs to enforce it more liberally and penalize him even if he doesn't technically touch it.

At any rate, the league CANNOT let Megatron get away with this. Not that I agree that the rule is just or anything, I just see that the league has made a decision and when an authority like that makes this type of decision they need obedience and Megatron is attempting to be impudent. Second, are the refs really going to lower themselves to having to keep their eyes fixed on his hands to see if a little tap occurs between him and that pole? Are we going to have to view a replay someday if a player slips and makes it a close/difficult decision? It's a mockery of the officials for him to try it, and they are not going to let him get away with it.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 5:02:14 PM
I don't think that is a loophole. The rule is that you may not "use" a prop. "Use" does not require physical contact. Of course, he could change it from dunking to going to the 1 yard line and doing a fade away jumper (just another basketball move).

He also isn't the only one. Graham has basically said the same thing, saying "I guess I'll have to lead the NFL in penalties next year!"
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 5:02:44 PM
I can somewhat understand though, who was it that did a dunk and bent the goal post?
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 11:02:54 PM
At 4/27/2014 5:02:44 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I can somewhat understand though, who was it that did a dunk and bent the goal post?

They are that weak?
Beliefs in a nutshell:
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 11:23:03 PM
At 4/27/2014 5:02:14 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I don't think that is a loophole. The rule is that you may not "use" a prop. "Use" does not require physical contact. Of course, he could change it from dunking to going to the 1 yard line and doing a fade away jumper (just another basketball move).

He also isn't the only one. Graham has basically said the same thing, saying "I guess I'll have to lead the NFL in penalties next year!"

OK but if it's an actual penalty for yardage (more than just a personal fine) the team will not be able to condone it...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2014 11:24:30 PM
At 4/27/2014 11:02:54 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 4/27/2014 5:02:44 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

They are that weak?

Well, you have a 250 pound monster jumping on a corner of it about 15 FT from the fulcrum. That will create a ton of torque (almost two tons) for something that only needs to be able to withstand a football hitting it.

http://m.huffpost.com...

Lol , it was the Jimmy too.