Jump to topic:

Is Guardiola too overrated?!

Artur
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 11:37:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
as most of us knows, according to some authorities, Pep Guardiola is considered to be the best football coach if not the best one. He was a coach of FC barcelona in which he achieved 14 of 16 cups available in 4 years, during his era FC barcelona had always higher ball possession in every game, FC barcelona dominated the match, in 4 league seasons FC Barcelona won 3 league championships. among 4 champions league season Barcelona was champion of 2.

considering such achievements, so many authorities and media sources showed his as if the best coach among the present coaches.

but when I ponder, I dont think that he is a good coach. Why do I think so?! During his barcelona career, he hardly had diffrent tactics, just one match I remember in which because of his knowledge barcelona had a comeback, that match was elclasico in december 2011. He changed the formation to 3-4-3.

but there were matches in which barcelona was unable to find a way to score and he did not even try to change the tactis. the first one I am going to talk about is: the match against RUbin, it was in nou camp, Rubin was leading the match, Guardiola did not intervene, the same tactic went on and barcelona score, then Rubin leaded again with 2-1 but he was not able to help his team, the best coach can not make any change against a weak team, does it make sense?

now, not just this one, in 2012 matches against chelsea, match again real madrid in which barcelona lost 1-2, barcelona was unable to beat with that tactic but I dont think Guardila find a way to avoid loss, as if he was just watching a mtach as an ordinary football follower.

considering comebacks done by Sir Alex or diffrent tactics done by Jose MOurinho in several games which leaded his team to victory, considering Jurgen Klopp's way of struglling or considering Otto Rehagel's the way which is antifootball and e.t.c I even do not think that Guardiola is a good coach. he is overrated asnd too lucky I think.
"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer
Aithlin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2014 12:01:34 PM
I personally am a (very) hesitant fan of Guardiola. I don't think he is as bad as you make out, but I agree that he may be generally overrated by the media. It was, after all, Vilanova that drew-up a false 9 concept, and convinced Guardiola to implement it.
Mr_Soundboard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2014 11:17:24 AM
mmmmm just a tad, he had the resources to build a supreme squad and to buy the best, those same resources are present for him at Bayern. He did however, introduce a beuatifully fluid way of playing football to a Barcelona side that for too long was living in Real Madrid's shadow, so surely he must get some credit for that?
"Conscience is universal, the ability to adhere to that moral thought is not"