Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Can Manning be in the List of Great

comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2010 7:33:09 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Does he deserve to be up there with Montana, Young, Brady?

With only one superbowl can he still be up there?
Does he need another superbowl?
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2010 7:37:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/7/2010 7:33:09 PM, comoncents wrote:
Does he deserve to be up there with Montana, Young, Brady?


With only one superbowl can he still be up there?
Does he need another superbowl?

Yes, he absolutely deserves to be up there. If he was on a better team, he'd be unstoppable. I do think he needs at least 1 more Superbowl though to get the credit he deserves. Also, for the record I think he's better than Tom Brady.
President of DDO
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2010 7:39:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/7/2010 7:37:07 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 2/7/2010 7:33:09 PM, comoncents wrote:
Does he deserve to be up there with Montana, Young, Brady?


With only one superbowl can he still be up there?
Does he need another superbowl?

Yes, he absolutely deserves to be up there. If he was on a better team, he'd be unstoppable. I do think he needs at least 1 more Superbowl though to get the credit he deserves. Also, for the record I think he's better than Tom Brady.

Man i am already seeing it on NFL network.

"Manning can not win the big one!!!!!!"

"He needs one more to be considered in the elite!!!!!"

And they have a small point?
Brady has more, is Brady better?
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2010 7:55:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/7/2010 7:37:07 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 2/7/2010 7:33:09 PM, comoncents wrote:
Does he deserve to be up there with Montana, Young, Brady?


With only one superbowl can he still be up there?
Does he need another superbowl?

Yes, he absolutely deserves to be up there. If he was on a better team, he'd be unstoppable. I do think he needs at least 1 more Superbowl though to get the credit he deserves. Also, for the record I think he's better than Tom Brady.

Just look at my Tom Brady v. Manning debate.

Hey common, seriosuly, look at my Brady v. Manning debates. Numbers don't lie, and Manning completely pwns Brady.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2010 8:00:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/7/2010 7:58:59 PM, comoncents wrote:
9-9 in the playoffs.

1 superbowl.

Interception in the end the last superbowl.

Manning is the best QB in the league. He needs a better team.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2010 8:01:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/7/2010 8:00:46 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 2/7/2010 7:58:59 PM, comoncents wrote:
9-9 in the playoffs.

1 superbowl.

Interception in the end the last superbowl.

Manning is the best QB in the league. He needs a better team.

I still like Montana more.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2010 8:18:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/7/2010 7:55:37 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 2/7/2010 7:37:07 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 2/7/2010 7:33:09 PM, comoncents wrote:
Does he deserve to be up there with Montana, Young, Brady?


With only one superbowl can he still be up there?
Does he need another superbowl?

Yes, he absolutely deserves to be up there. If he was on a better team, he'd be unstoppable. I do think he needs at least 1 more Superbowl though to get the credit he deserves. Also, for the record I think he's better than Tom Brady.

Just look at my Tom Brady v. Manning debate.

Hey common, seriosuly, look at my Brady v. Manning debates. Numbers don't lie, and Manning completely pwns Brady.

Brady has had a team that actually invested heavily in offensive personnel around him roughly twice so far. One of those was the highest scoring offense in history.

The Colts, on the other hand, have been offense heavy what, every year of Manning's career?

I don't have an opinion on which QB is better, but comparing their numbers is strictly invalid. Brady's prowess has for most of his career not been shown by remarkably high numbers in absolute terms but by having much higher numbers than one would expect for the offense put around him, allowing the organization to stack the defense heavily. This has only recently begun to change.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2010 8:21:29 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/7/2010 8:00:46 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 2/7/2010 7:58:59 PM, comoncents wrote:
9-9 in the playoffs.

1 superbowl.

Interception in the end the last superbowl.

Manning is the best QB in the league. He needs a better team.

Oh yeah. Because having the best wide receiver, best tight end, and best offensive line in the league is really indicative of needing a better team. Not to mention the defense is Top 10.
Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2010 8:33:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I am ridiculously happy that manning did not win this Superbowl... no more people saying well he never lost one unlike Tom Brady
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2010 10:26:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Manning is definately one of the best quarter backs that the NFL has seen in a long time. He has a great ability to read defenses.

Sure, this superbowl, near the end, when the WR weren't getting open and he had to try to force passes through, he got picked. That is to be expected. When the WRs and TEs aren't getting open and you have to take risks to move the ball (because 3 incompletes and a punt will lose you the game anyway), the risks are eventually gonna catch up to him. You put him with Andre Johnson and/or Larry Fitzgerald, and you'd see a much different story.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 10:16:16 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/7/2010 8:21:29 PM, Nags wrote:

Oh yeah. Because having the best wide receiver, best tight end, and best offensive line in the league is really indicative of needing a better team. Not to mention the defense is Top 10.

LOL - Is this a joke? No WR on the Colts ranked in the top 5 this season [1] and the closest they've come to the top is Reggie Wayne who didn't do much in the post season... so which WR are you referring to, Nags? Who do you think is the "best" wide receiver? Please, enlighten me. The Colts top receivers recently have been Austin Collie - a rookie - and Pierre Garcon who just played his 2nd season (so still pretty much a rookie). The only reason they've been as successful as they have this year is precisely because of Peyton Manning. They went into this season with a combined 4 career catches, and I think Peyton demonstrated last night his ability and willingness to throw the ball in a really tight spot. His accuracy is dynamite and makes it very easy for them. The Pats had a much better, more experienced team... Not to mention that 2 of the top 5 receivers in the league are on the Pats (Randy Moss and Wes Welker). I won't argue with you on the Dallas Clark bit as TE, but I'd say that the Colts have far from the best offensive line. Look at Denver, the Jets and - you guessed it - the Patriots for that. Now to clarify, I'm not saying that the Colts aren't good. I'm saying the Pats have (on paper) the better team... and that Peyton Manning is undoubtedly the #1 reason for the Colts success. Take him out of the equation and you're in serious trouble.

[1] http://www.nfl.com...
President of DDO
Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 2:42:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/8/2010 10:16:16 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 2/7/2010 8:21:29 PM, Nags wrote:

Oh yeah. Because having the best wide receiver, best tight end, and best offensive line in the league is really indicative of needing a better team. Not to mention the defense is Top 10.

LOL - Is this a joke? No WR on the Colts ranked in the top 5 this season [1] and the closest they've come to the top is Reggie Wayne who didn't do much in the post season... so which WR are you referring to, Nags? Who do you think is the "best" wide receiver? Please, enlighten me. The Colts top receivers recently have been Austin Collie - a rookie - and Pierre Garcon who just played his 2nd season (so still pretty much a rookie). The only reason they've been as successful as they have this year is precisely because of Peyton Manning. They went into this season with a combined 4 career catches, and I think Peyton demonstrated last night his ability and willingness to throw the ball in a really tight spot. His accuracy is dynamite and makes it very easy for them. The Pats had a much better, more experienced team... Not to mention that 2 of the top 5 receivers in the league are on the Pats (Randy Moss and Wes Welker). I won't argue with you on the Dallas Clark bit as TE, but I'd say that the Colts have far from the best offensive line. Look at Denver, the Jets and - you guessed it - the Patriots for that. Now to clarify, I'm not saying that the Colts aren't good. I'm saying the Pats have (on paper) the better team... and that Peyton Manning is undoubtedly the #1 reason for the Colts success. Take him out of the equation and you're in serious trouble.

[1] http://www.nfl.com...

The colts do have a good offensive line this season they were in the voting for one of the best O-lines of the year
http://www.nfl.com...
Reggie Wayne is a top 5 wide receiver he was originally voted to start in the pro bowl ahead of Welker and Moss.
Reggie Wayne had a good game against the Baltimore Ravens, had a bad one against the jets because he had Darrelle Revis covering him who basically shuts down every wide receiver he plays against. The jets game the jets faced misfortunes in there secondary losing Lito Sheppard along with Dwight Lowery getting hurt so who was there to cover collie and garcon linebackers and 3rd string corners? Reggie Wayne is always getting watched and covered by good corners and most of the time facing a double team so it's not surprise that Garcon and Collie was able to get open more frequently. Since we are talking about statistics Tracy Porter has been the best Cornerback in the post season and to have him playing Reggie Wayne during the Superbowl made it hard for Manning to throw his way. When Manning did throw to porter, porter just stuck the dagger into the dreams of the Colts winning a superbowl.

The patriots have taken a huge hit in their defense and offense they lost a majority of the guys that made that team the team that it was back in like 2007. They don't have the cornerback tandem of Ty Law and Asante Samuels anymore instead they have leigh bodden and shawn springs 2 average corners at best,Kelvin Hayden is better than the current #1 corner that the patriots have which is Leign Bodden, they Don't have a great pass rusher like Richard Seymour anymore or a experienced line backing core this is an entirely different Patriots team. It was a shame they had to lose wes welker in the playoffs and the patriots had to send edelman and aikman 2 wide receivers who really have not seen any playing time all season to play against a baltimore defense while Randy moss faced double coverage being the only threat on the field. Patriots still do not have a running back to this day that can be feared by opposing defenses.
At least the colts have Joseph Addai as a versatile back who can run and catch the ball.
So no it is not a joke and take any starting quarterback off any team not just the colts and they will be in big trouble. Not every team has a Tom Brady type player coming off the bench (referring to the Bledsoe controversy) most of the time its a fitzpatrick or a rex grossman type of player.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 4:29:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/8/2010 2:42:23 PM, Loserboi wrote:

The colts do have a good offensive line this season they were in the voting for one of the best O-lines of the year
http://www.nfl.com...

Yeah, they're nominees... So are the Saints, Titans, Jets and Eagles.

Reggie Wayne is a top 5 wide receiver he was originally voted to start in the pro bowl ahead of Welker and Moss.

Pro Bowl votes aside, he is not listed in the top 5 for receiving yards. Welker and Moss were - that was my point [ http://www.nfl.com... ].

Reggie Wayne had a good game against the Baltimore Ravens, had a bad one against the jets because he had Darrelle Revis covering him who basically shuts down every wide receiver he plays against. The jets game the jets faced misfortunes in there secondary losing Lito Sheppard along with Dwight Lowery getting hurt so who was there to cover collie and garcon linebackers and 3rd string corners? Reggie Wayne is always getting watched and covered by good corners and most of the time facing a double team so it's not surprise that Garcon and Collie was able to get open more frequently.

What's your point? My point was that Peyton Manning is the best on the Colts. The only things I have been saying are that he is the MVP of the team and that he is the reason the Colts are so successful. What part are you disagreeing with? Because so far you haven't really made a point except to say that Reggie Wayne isn't a good enough receiver to get open and make plays when playing against good opponents lol.

Since we are talking about statistics Tracy Porter has been the best Cornerback in the post season and to have him playing Reggie Wayne during the Superbowl made it hard for Manning to throw his way. When Manning did throw to porter, porter just stuck the dagger into the dreams of the Colts winning a superbowl.

Again, is there a point you're trying to make? So far you're not making one against anything I've said. The only thing you said here is that the Saint's Tracy Porter is a great Cornerback and I agree...

What does that have to do with Peyton Manning and the Colts? What makes a receiver great is that they make big plays against good defenders. Every time you say that a Colts WR struggled because of a good opponent, all you're doing is submitting that they're not elite WRs. Nevertheless, I agree that Wayne is a fantastic WR. However as you're pointing out, he's not able to get open and make plays all the time. So Manning looks to Collie and Garcon. My point is that these guys are rookies and wouldn't have the numbers that they do if it weren't for Peyton Manning. He threw the football to them even when they were covered by 2 or 3 guys last night lol and made the perfect passes (along with Clark). Of course he got picked off but he still did a good job. I'm saying that PM is versatile and makes it work even in tough situations. Sometimes Brady can't.
President of DDO
Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 10:09:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/8/2010 4:29:47 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 2/8/2010 2:42:23 PM, Loserboi wrote:

The colts do have a good offensive line this season they were in the voting for one of the best O-lines of the year
http://www.nfl.com...

Yeah, they're nominees... So are the Saints, Titans, Jets and Eagles.

Reggie Wayne is a top 5 wide receiver he was originally voted to start in the pro bowl ahead of Welker and Moss.

Pro Bowl votes aside, he is not listed in the top 5 for receiving yards. Welker and Moss were - that was my point [ http://www.nfl.com... ].


well... technically reggie wayne is tied for 5th in yards with randy moss hes top 5 in touchdowns as well for a WR because if u go to the part where it says complete list it will say Wayne and Moss with a RK 5
Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 10:24:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/8/2010 4:29:47 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 2/8/2010 2:42:23 PM, Loserboi wrote:

The colts do have a good offensive line this season they were in the voting for one of the best O-lines of the year
http://www.nfl.com...

Yeah, they're nominees... So are the Saints, Titans, Jets and Eagles.

Nominees means good O-line the patriot's o line weren't nominated this year so Manning has the edge with the O-line. I agree Manning is a good quarterback and all but Manning vs Brady has gotten a little shaky now after how the superbowl ended well in my eyes at least. I mean colts had like 5min on that clock to get a drive going and throwing that into coverage like that and seeing that it is peyton manning and he has this all time greatest quarterback stamp on him from many people and analysts he should have known better than to throw it there. You could clearly see during that drive Manning had his eyes heavily set on Reggie Wayne and it's understandable thats his main guy but a quarterback like Manning should have understood that there is still time on the clock, they got 3 timeouts, he should have known being called a genius at the position and what not, to not throw there.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 9:39:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/9/2010 3:09:00 AM, comoncents wrote:
Fight! Fight! Fight!


A Black (avatar) and a White (bunny)


Fight! Fight! Fight!

sac is already debating it.
President of DDO
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 10:43:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
What's your point? My point was that Peyton Manning is the best on the Colts. The only things I have been saying are that he is the MVP of the team and that he is the reason the Colts are so successful. What part are you disagreeing with? Because so far you haven't really made a point except to say that Reggie Wayne isn't a good enough receiver to get open and make plays when playing against good opponents lol.
There's a difference between "good corners" and "Darrelle Revis," at least this year.

http://espn.go.com...
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.