Total Posts:46|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Fifa Football World Cup 2014

Mr_Soundboard
Posts: 62
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 6:08:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Who's looking forward to it? ANy favourites? I know this is a mainly US site but surely someone here must watch footy!!
"Conscience is universal, the ability to adhere to that moral thought is not"
birdlandmemories
Posts: 4,140
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 8:08:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/23/2014 6:08:13 AM, Mr_Soundboard wrote:
Who's looking forward to it? ANy favourites? I know this is a mainly US site but surely someone here must watch footy!!

Brazil will win. Every year there is also that one major football country that is eliminated early. I say this year it is Italy.
Ashton
Mr_Soundboard
Posts: 62
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2014 4:49:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/23/2014 8:08:16 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 5/23/2014 6:08:13 AM, Mr_Soundboard wrote:
Who's looking forward to it? ANy favourites? I know this is a mainly US site but surely someone here must watch footy!!

Brazil will win. Every year there is also that one major football country that is eliminated early. I say this year it is Italy.

Brazil have a great chance but I think Spain do too and possibly Germany, although Khedira and Ozil have not progressed like I thought they would post 2010.

And I don't think Italy will exit so early....it may well be England.
"Conscience is universal, the ability to adhere to that moral thought is not"
birdlandmemories
Posts: 4,140
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2014 7:01:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/27/2014 4:49:06 PM, Mr_Soundboard wrote:
At 5/23/2014 8:08:16 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 5/23/2014 6:08:13 AM, Mr_Soundboard wrote:
Who's looking forward to it? ANy favourites? I know this is a mainly US site but surely someone here must watch footy!!

Brazil will win. Every year there is also that one major football country that is eliminated early. I say this year it is Italy.

Brazil have a great chance but I think Spain do too and possibly Germany, although Khedira and Ozil have not progressed like I thought they would post 2010.

And I don't think Italy will exit so early....it may well be England.

England possibly. Rooney has struggled after all.
Ashton
Mr_Soundboard
Posts: 62
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2014 6:09:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
yep but the younger players have shown a little spark, can we hope against hope? lol
"Conscience is universal, the ability to adhere to that moral thought is not"
joepbr
Posts: 128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2014 1:53:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/27/2014 4:49:06 PM, Mr_Soundboard wrote:
At 5/23/2014 8:08:16 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 5/23/2014 6:08:13 AM, Mr_Soundboard wrote:
Who's looking forward to it? ANy favourites? I know this is a mainly US site but surely someone here must watch footy!!

Brazil will win. Every year there is also that one major football country that is eliminated early. I say this year it is Italy.

Brazil have a great chance but I think Spain do too and possibly Germany, although Khedira and Ozil have not progressed like I thought they would post 2010.

And I don't think Italy will exit so early....it may well be England.

An European team winning in South America? Never gonna happen.
My alternative to the Political Compass: http://www.debate.org...
birdlandmemories
Posts: 4,140
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2014 5:40:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/3/2014 1:53:18 AM, joepbr wrote:
At 5/27/2014 4:49:06 PM, Mr_Soundboard wrote:
At 5/23/2014 8:08:16 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 5/23/2014 6:08:13 AM, Mr_Soundboard wrote:
Who's looking forward to it? ANy favourites? I know this is a mainly US site but surely someone here must watch footy!!

Brazil will win. Every year there is also that one major football country that is eliminated early. I say this year it is Italy.

Brazil have a great chance but I think Spain do too and possibly Germany, although Khedira and Ozil have not progressed like I thought they would post 2010.

And I don't think Italy will exit so early....it may well be England.

An European team winning in South America? Never gonna happen.

Probably not. But the surprise team could be Ecuador.
Ashton
DauntlessWarrior
Posts: 31
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2014 11:35:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/23/2014 6:08:13 AM, Mr_Soundboard wrote:
Who's looking forward to it? ANy favourites? I know this is a mainly US site but surely someone here must watch footy!!

I am ! .. IM BACKING SPAIN, GERMANY AND ARGENTINA
"the greater the challenge , the more glory in overcoming it" ~ Novak Djokovic

"We believe that justice is more important than peace....
We believe in ordinary acts of bravery..
We believe in shouting for those who can only whisper, in defending those who cannot defend themselves...
We do not believe in empty heads, empty mouths, or empty hands." ~the dauntless manifesto
birdlandmemories
Posts: 4,140
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2014 6:27:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/3/2014 11:35:53 AM, DauntlessWarrior wrote:
At 5/23/2014 6:08:13 AM, Mr_Soundboard wrote:
Who's looking forward to it? ANy favourites? I know this is a mainly US site but surely someone here must watch footy!!

I am ! .. IM BACKING SPAIN, GERMANY AND ARGENTINA

Germany?
Ashton
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2014 6:29:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/3/2014 6:27:26 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 6/3/2014 11:35:53 AM, DauntlessWarrior wrote:
At 5/23/2014 6:08:13 AM, Mr_Soundboard wrote:
Who's looking forward to it? ANy favourites? I know this is a mainly US site but surely someone here must watch footy!!

I am ! .. IM BACKING SPAIN, GERMANY AND ARGENTINA

Germany?

Lol. The acronym for Risha's teams is S.A.G. or G.A.S.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
birdlandmemories
Posts: 4,140
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2014 6:43:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/3/2014 6:29:57 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 6/3/2014 6:27:26 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 6/3/2014 11:35:53 AM, DauntlessWarrior wrote:
At 5/23/2014 6:08:13 AM, Mr_Soundboard wrote:
Who's looking forward to it? ANy favourites? I know this is a mainly US site but surely someone here must watch footy!!

I am ! .. IM BACKING SPAIN, GERMANY AND ARGENTINA

Germany?

Lol. The acronym for Risha's teams is S.A.G. or G.A.S.

Saggy gas or gassy sag lol
Ashton
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2014 6:43:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/3/2014 6:43:24 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 6/3/2014 6:29:57 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 6/3/2014 6:27:26 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 6/3/2014 11:35:53 AM, DauntlessWarrior wrote:
At 5/23/2014 6:08:13 AM, Mr_Soundboard wrote:
Who's looking forward to it? ANy favourites? I know this is a mainly US site but surely someone here must watch footy!!

I am ! .. IM BACKING SPAIN, GERMANY AND ARGENTINA

Germany?

Lol. The acronym for Risha's teams is S.A.G. or G.A.S.

Saggy gas or gassy sag lol

XD
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Mr_Soundboard
Posts: 62
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2014 5:06:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
haha I actually think Euro teams will do well, Spain and Germany are likely semi-finalists, what do u guys think of Belgiums chances?
"Conscience is universal, the ability to adhere to that moral thought is not"
Kc1999
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 4:45:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/5/2014 8:19:45 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 6/5/2014 7:17:47 PM, Bullish wrote:
North Korea will win.

Putin will.

The grorious state of DPRK didn't even make it to the World Cup. :(
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 3:55:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/3/2014 11:35:53 AM, DauntlessWarrior wrote:
At 5/23/2014 6:08:13 AM, Mr_Soundboard wrote:
Who's looking forward to it? ANy favourites? I know this is a mainly US site but surely someone here must watch footy!!

I am ! .. IM BACKING SPAIN, GERMANY AND ARGENTINA

Wtf was wrong with Spain today? Damn.
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2014 9:00:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/14/2014 11:56:46 AM, Bullish wrote:
Live stream in the U.S. for those of you who care:

http://www.espnfc.us...

Some are available here:

http://espn.go.com...
0x5f3759df
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2014 1:12:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
That Switzerland game.. The result wasn't a surprise, but the execution sure was!
0x5f3759df
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2014 8:32:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
No big surprises today. The last second goal by Switzerland was a sight to watch though.
0x5f3759df
birdlandmemories
Posts: 4,140
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2014 7:18:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/15/2014 8:32:42 PM, Bullish wrote:
No big surprises today. The last second goal by Switzerland was a sight to watch though.

That's why you always need defenders back.
Ashton
Kc1999
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2014 7:30:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/16/2014 7:18:43 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 6/15/2014 8:32:42 PM, Bullish wrote:
No big surprises today. The last second goal by Switzerland was a sight to watch though.

That's why you always need defenders back.

IRAN WILL WIN
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
birdlandmemories
Posts: 4,140
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2014 6:02:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/16/2014 7:30:55 AM, Kc1999 wrote:
At 6/16/2014 7:18:43 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 6/15/2014 8:32:42 PM, Bullish wrote:
No big surprises today. The last second goal by Switzerland was a sight to watch though.

That's why you always need defenders back.

IRAN WILL WIN

Never
Ashton
Mr_Soundboard
Posts: 62
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 6:00:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
well its the last 16 people! I think Brazil have a damn good chance with Chile, the underdogs have sown resistance and pace but I think brazil breaks them down.

The other game is Holland v Mexico tonight right? I'm going with holland on this one but Mexico will be their toughest test.
"Conscience is universal, the ability to adhere to that moral thought is not"