Jump to topic:

2014 Playoff Predictions

R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2014 11:58:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
It's time for our predictions for next season. What teams will be replaced in the playoffs this year?

ESPN Power Rankings = = = = = = = = = = = = = 2013 Seeds
1 SEA 17PIT.............................................................1A: DEN
2 DEN 18STL...........................................................1N: SEA
3 SF 19NYG..............................................................2A: NE
4 NE 20DET..............................................................2N: CAR
5 NO 21NYJ..............................................................3A: CIN
6 GB 22DAL.............................................................3N: PHI
7 IND 23TB...............................................................4A: IND
8 ARI 24MIA.............................................................4N: GB
9 PHI 25TEN.............................................................5A: KC
10CIN 26HOU..........................................................5N: SF
11CAR 27BUF...........................................................6A: SD
12CHI 28WAS...........................................................6N: NO
13BAL 29MIN
14ATL 30JAX
15KC 31OAK
16SD 32CLE

I wanted to make the argument that KC will topple Denver this year, especially since Denver looked so putrid in the SB and the SB loser is usually a failure next season. KC will probably have a stout defense this year, but they really could have used a receiver (or two) out of this deep class.

Houston had problems last year, but I think they know what they're doing. Watt and Clowney are going to terrorize Andrew Luck and knock them out of the playoffs.

I would be excited if I were a *Jets fan* this year, they have so many new toys to play with on offense! I think that the biggest factor, besides their QB not being a rookie any more, is the addition of Mike Vick. Vick's health is his achilles heal, but when he's healthy and defenses haven't prepared for him he looks like Batman running around out there. I would be praying Smith plays great in the reg season and then breaks both his legs in half so a fresh Vick can step in and electrify the offense. They took a promising TE in Jace Amaro in the second round (I was wishing he would fall to the Packers) and paired up Chris Ivory with Chris Johnson. With Erick Decker and Jeremy Kerley, they might actually have a decent offense for the first time in a long time. Spending 4th, 5th, and 6th round draft picks on receiver ought to pay off as well. Revis will shut Decker down no problem but that won't be enough. The Pats are starting to look anemic at WR.

The NFC is tough. I know my Packers will survive yet again, simply because Aaron Rodgers treats the rest of the NFC North like cheap prostitutes, but the NFC East is anybody's guess (no team has more than a 1/3 chance of making it) and the Cardinals, Bears, and Lions all could get hot. I think the Hawks and Niners are shoo-ins, but the Panthers just lost their #1 receiver and they weren't exactly a great passing team to start with. A first-round pick receiver is the best they can do, but will he be ready to get his team into the playoffs? The Saints don't have a losable game until week 8, they ought to get off to a big start.

MY PICKS
1A DEN
1N NO
2A NYJ
2N SEA
3A HOU
3N GB
4A CIN
4N PHI
5A NE
5N SF
6A KC
6N ARI
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2014 12:17:00 AM
Hard for me to argue with much of this or your picks for the playoffs.

Only thing I'd say is that I don't think that Denver will be the #1 seed, and I think you have the Jets overrated. They will be much improved, but I have a hard time believing they will be the #2 seed. I think they might be in the race late in the season for a wild card spot - but that's about it.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2014 12:25:35 AM
All the other picks seem like good choices, and every year there are a few surprise teams... so maybe that will be HOU and NYJ...
Debate.org Moderator
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2014 5:24:50 AM
Denver will be better han KC, no doubt. Giants will rebound, Green Bay is the NFC Super Bowl representative and New England is the AFC representative.
Ashton
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 9:14:33 AM
At 5/27/2014 12:25:35 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
All the other picks seem like good choices, and every year there are a few surprise teams... so maybe that will be HOU and NYJ...

The AFC is horrid... who else? Some team is going to rise from the ashes out there and it's anybody's guess, the AFC North teams are perpetual contenders but which one?
Beliefs in a nutshell:
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2014 12:43:51 PM
The problem with picking early - I picked ARI to make the playoffs, now one of their best defensive players is gone for the season :P
Beliefs in a nutshell: