Jump to topic:

Watching NFL Rookies

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2014 2:30:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
What are your opinions of the rookies this year?

==QBs==
Bortles
Bridgewater
Manziel

==RBs==
Sankey
(really, no other RB is higher than 3rd in the depth chart, though technically Sankey is still listed as 3rd, but he's showing that he will move up).

==WRs== (here we have some activity)
Evans
Cook
Watkins
Beckham
Lee

==TEs==
Ebron
(don't really care about anyone other than him)

Who is going to fly and who is going to flop? Any predictions for rookie of the years (we already know that Clowney is going to get the Defensive side of that)?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2014 1:03:09 PM
Manziel will be the most compelling simply because he's johnny football. I'm really rooting for him.

Also excited to see what Bridgewater does.

I know this thread is for rookies but I'm also looking forward to seeing how Geno Smith progresses this season.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2014 2:20:07 PM
Johnny will get hurt in this league, and it's going to be bad. Watching the preseason game showed he still has that college QB feel about him. One play he put his head down to get the first down. I just think he will have to change some things about himself.

Clowney is amazing.
kfc
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2014 3:55:05 PM
At 8/10/2014 2:20:07 PM, Koopin wrote:
Johnny will get hurt in this league, and it's going to be bad. Watching the preseason game showed he still has that college QB feel about him. One play he put his head down to get the first down. I just think he will have to change some things about himself.

I see your point. He actually did it twice but the second time he didn't get hit too hard. He threw 7/11 and I don't think two of those incompletions were his fault. Of course he is going to have a college QB feel about him he just played his first pre-season game haha. As time goes on I think he will learn to be more cautious and slide feet first
AdamEsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 3:46:16 PM

Clowney is amazing.
I predicted Manziel would have an experience similar to RGIII. He would try and bring that college style "out of the pocket" game and get crushed. And I have the Houston Texan's defense for fantasy so I am hoping Clowney does well.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2014 8:29:39 PM
At 8/26/2014 3:46:16 PM, AdamEsk wrote:

Clowney is amazing.
I predicted Manziel would have an experience similar to RGIII. He would try and bring that college style "out of the pocket" game and get crushed. And I have the Houston Texan's defense for fantasy so I am hoping Clowney does well.

Though since Manziel did his college against the SEC defenses, one would expect him to be more used to the heavier defenses than RG3 was.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2014 11:31:01 PM
I hate talking about Brady's retirement, but I am liking what I see out of this new Rookie the pats drafted in the second round. Jimmy garoppolo.
kfc
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 8:12:17 PM
At 8/27/2014 11:31:01 PM, Koopin wrote:
I hate talking about Brady's retirement, but I am liking what I see out of this new Rookie the pats drafted in the second round. Jimmy garoppolo.

You mean Galapagos?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 8:21:49 PM
Anyone following the Michael Sam vs Ethan Westbrooks? They are the two that are fighting over the last DE spot on the Rams' roster. Based on what the coaches have been saying, it looks like Westbrooks has a solid lead, but Sam seems (in my mind) to be closing that.

Going into this game, Sam has 5 tackles and 3 sacks (Sam got 3 tackles and 2 sacks just last week to really close the distance), while Westbrooks had 7 tackles with 1 sack. Sam also did that with fewer snaps, though they were also against weaker offensive lines. It seemed like Sam was good at getting to the QB, but not a lot else (you do need to be able to stuff the run game). But as of right now, Sam has 6 tackles this game already, bringing his total to 11 (tied with Westbrooks, who has 4 this game).

At this moment for this game, he is the team's leading tackler (Westbrook is the next best with 4). I think there is a good chance that if the Rams cut him, another team will pick him up (or the Rams may try to keep him for late round trade bait, might aswell get something for him).

Dallas could really use him, since they have the worst D in the league, but being openly gay, surrounded by Texas football fans will probably raise his insurance premiums.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 10:53:40 PM
At 8/28/2014 8:12:17 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

You mean Galapagos?

After watching him tonight, my chops are drooling. I'm excited about this one.
NFL had a story where they ranked the top rookie QBs and he was #2 with an A+ rating.
kfc
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 10:55:25 PM
At 8/28/2014 10:53:40 PM, Koopin wrote:

You mean Galapagos?

NFL had a story where they ranked the top rookie QBs and he was #2 with an A+ rating.

Who was #1?
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2014 9:56:41 AM
At 8/28/2014 10:55:25 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

You mean Galapagos?

Who was #1?

Blake Bortles who I have a man crush on
kfc
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 12:37:25 AM
At 8/29/2014 9:56:41 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 8/28/2014 10:55:25 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

You mean Galapagos?

Who was #1?

Blake Bortles who I have a man crush on

I am loving Bortles too. I would love to see him start week 1, but I fully understand the long term thinking of not rushing, it's not like they are in a hurry at all.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2014 12:38:53 AM
Personally, I am really rooting for Cooks, personally. Being that he is from Oregon State and a potential (even heavily favorited, with most QBs not starting) ROTY.