Jump to topic:

Kenny Hill

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 8:58:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
In his first game as a starter for Texas A&M just blew away Johnny Manziel's single game record by tossing out 511 yards, and against South Carolina (ranked #9, by the way, though they were over ranked anyway. The loss of Clowney hurt them a lot more than people thought) on their home turf.

And, he did it without Mike Evans (who was one of the best receivers last year). 4 different receivers got at least 5 catches, and 3 different receivers caught a TD. Their highest receiver was only 137 yards. Manziel's biggest single game was 464 yards (279 went to Evans in that game), and of the 4 games last year that he threw more than 400 yards, he averaged 447.5 yards per game, with an average of 209 yards per game going to Evans (the biggest thing for Manziel was that he was playing with Evans).

Anyway, Hill definitely started the season with a splash!
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
AdamEsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 10:33:52 PM
Agreed. Kenny Hill did fantastic. All these idiots out there who predicted South Carolina would win because Dylan Thompson had more experience should be embarrassed. I noticed some off target passes by Hill but all-in-all he played just how Sumlin wanted him to. Where do you think most of the credit should go between Hill himself, Sumlin, or the outstanding wide receivers he had to work with?

Texas A&M has the best WRs in the nation
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 10:54:37 PM
At 8/28/2014 10:33:52 PM, AdamEsk wrote:
Agreed. Kenny Hill did fantastic. All these idiots out there who predicted South Carolina would win because Dylan Thompson had more experience should be embarrassed. I noticed some off target passes by Hill but all-in-all he played just how Sumlin wanted him to. Where do you think most of the credit should go between Hill himself, Sumlin, or the outstanding wide receivers he had to work with?

Texas A&M has the best WRs in the nation

Well, Hill did a great job passing around (as said, his top target only had 137 of his 511 yards), which is usually (but not always) an indicator that the credit should go to the QB (and OL, of course). Living in Oregon, I don't follow Texas schools that closely in the off season to know how good their WRs are until a few weeks in.

I knew SC was overrated, but I also thought TAM was overrated too. I thought that without Johnny and Evans this year that they would struggle to stay in the top 25.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
AdamEsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 11:13:47 PM
It all depends on A&Ms defense. Last year it was young and could't put heat on the passer and couldn't stop the run. This game could have gone a whole different way if SC ran the ball down the Aggies' throats instead of hoping Thompson could get his passing under control. I knew the Aggie offense would be just as explosive if not more because last year they tended to rely on Johnny's improv which led to a messy offense. Kenny stayed in the pocket and trusted each receiver (Seals-Jones, Kennedy, Noil, Pope, Reynolds, and Holmes) to come up with the catch which resulted in such an extraordinary passing yardage. If I were Kyle Allen, I would be very nervous of being sandwiched between two desirable dual-threat QBs (if Kyler Murray follows through with verbal commit). Kenny Hill looked comfortable and his passes were sharp for such a tough matchup.