Kobe's crazy contract extension

sllewuy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2010 2:36:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
http://sports.espn.go.com...

Isn't this kinda extreme? the NBA salary cap is like 50 something mil and your gonna have one player making more than half the salary cap. 3 years 90mil extension is kinda extreme to me for a 31 year old Kobe.
lastrequest691
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 4:04:55 AM
At 4/3/2010 2:36:32 PM, sllewuy wrote:
http://sports.espn.go.com...

Isn't this kinda extreme? the NBA salary cap is like 50 something mil and your gonna have one player making more than half the salary cap. 3 years 90mil extension is kinda extreme to me for a 31 year old Kobe.

Kobe only deserves that contract if he can lead Lakers 73-9 in the Regular Season.
He has proven to us that he is the best player in the NBA right now but can he prove that he is also a good leader ?
Only time will tell.
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 6:34:51 PM
At 4/8/2010 4:04:55 AM, lastrequest691 wrote:

Kobe only deserves that contract if he can lead Lakers 73-9 in the Regular Season.
He has proven to us that he is the best player in the NBA right now but can he prove that he is also a good leader ?
Only time will tell.

Are you joking?

Six Finals appearances, Four championships.

Time has told, my friend, and the tick-tock remains the same.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 7:07:47 PM
At 4/8/2010 6:34:51 PM, USAPitBull63 wrote:
At 4/8/2010 4:04:55 AM, lastrequest691 wrote:

Only time will tell.

Are you joking?

Six Finals appearances, Four championships.

Time has told, my friend, and the tick-tock remains the same.

This. For now. LeBron is the only one in the NBA who touches Kobe, though n00bs like Durant and maybe next year Wall will pose somewhat more of a challenge. It's odd that Kobe makes so much considering the rest of the Lakers are GOOD and I think they could still win even with someone half as good as Kobe... maybe. See, the thing about Kobe is that 'it' factor - that drive, ambition and sportsmanship in the clutch. Some off-court antics have questioned his leadership but on the court he dominates and is the #1 go-to guy in the league, even over LeBron (that's what gives Kobe the SLIGHT edge, imo). The bottom line though is that he's the fan favorite and he sells tickets. Kobe's the backbone of the Lakers franchise and they'd be crazy to let him go.

As a side note - for the sake of discussion - if they decided to let Kobe go, who do you think a good trade or fit would be? I actually like Jefferson from the Spurs because he plays with a level of intensity that I like that somewhat imitates Kobe's focus and drive... (though he's nowhere near as good as Kobe) and they would also need another big-name like Dwade. Maybe if Jefferson (29 y/o) at 6'7" THOUGHT about switching to a guard position...? Am I the only one who thinks he could do it? Hmm. I dunno. This is just a thought :)
President of DDO
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 9:10:44 PM

This. For now. LeBron is the only one in the NBA who touches Kobe, though n00bs like Durant and maybe next year Wall will pose somewhat more of a challenge.

WOO John Wall I hope he becomes as good as everyone prospects him to be. He really reminds me of Steve Francis when he was good