Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Had soccer becomes more of a business...

paininthenuts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 4:59:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 2:34:20 PM, vwv wrote:
Or is it still a sport?

What is soccer, or do you mean football ?

I have a season ticket at Tottenham Hotspur, and yes it is a business. That doesn't stop me turning up for a game 3 hours before kick off, having a belly full of beer with my mates before the game, and generally enjoying a day away from the old woman. That's all that counts in the end.
khalid090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 1:59:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
soccer is based on money, without the money a soccer team would not be able to compete with top teams around Europe. This money produces good investment because you could buy a player who could go on to help your team win very big cup such as the champion league. winning champions league will also give you prize money which could be equivalent to paying your player salary for years or month
Olivercoyg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 2:14:08 AM
Yes. I think soccer has become more of a business. I think that there is too much money involved in sports these days, especially soccer. You see 18 year olds earning 50k a week. That is way too much, of course I understand how hard they have worked to get there, but the money that they earn is too much. I think the financial fair play rule is a good idea, but they should make it more strict. That you can only spend a certain amount of money every season/year.
Fraekfyr22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 6:07:18 AM
Soccer is not all business but it has become way more business in the last many years. Now soccer is more about money and it even happens that a team losses because they would get money from another team or person if they loose.
BerlinV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 7:21:48 PM
Football (soccer) is a business. I think the last time I saw football as art was in the world Cup of Italy 1990.

We still see sparks of art so it's important to embrace those moments and also cherish them :)
One avocado a day keeps the doctor away : )