Jump to topic:

American Sports

paininthenuts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 11:15:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I don't want to offend anyone, but aren't American sports rubbish.

First of all lets talk about American football. Why is it called football, you hardly use your fecking feet at all. The whistle blows, loads of big blokes dressed in protective clothing run into each other. The whistle blows again, the TV adverts come on for 10 minutes, all the players go off and are replaced by other players, and the whole thing starts all over again. It's like watching paint dry, but not quite as interesting.

Basketball. 7 feet black men scoring a ridiculous amount of goals. If the eventual score was 4-3 rather than 99-87 I could almost understand the fascination.

Baseball. Men wearing stupid clothing playing what most countries call rounders. In the UK rounders is only played by school kids. Huge stadiums filled with people that have no chance at all of spotting a ball no more than a few inches across travelling at the speed of light.

Come on America, join in with the rest of the World
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 6:27:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/18/2014 11:15:46 AM, paininthenuts wrote:
I don't want to offend anyone, but aren't American sports rubbish.

First of all lets talk about American football. Why is it called football, you hardly use your fecking feet at all. The whistle blows, loads of big blokes dressed in protective clothing run into each other. The whistle blows again, the TV adverts come on for 10 minutes, all the players go off and are replaced by other players, and the whole thing starts all over again. It's like watching paint dry, but not quite as interesting.

It was originally like rugby or soccer, it's just evolved over the years.

Basketball. 7 feet black men scoring a ridiculous amount of goals. If the eventual score was 4-3 rather than 99-87 I could almost understand the fascination.

Higher scoring means more people watching.

Baseball. Men wearing stupid clothing playing what most countries call rounders. In the UK rounders is only played by school kids. Huge stadiums filled with people that have no chance at all of spotting a ball no more than a few inches across travelling at the speed of light.

America's past time. Great place to get a beer and some ballpark franks and nachos.

Come on America, join in with the rest of the World

Eh, no thanks.
Ashton