Total Posts:27|Showing Posts:1-27
Jump to topic:

College Football Superior To NFL

inferno
Posts: 11,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 11:09:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am at the point now where I believe this is so. The NFL is a professionals players league with highly sensationalized drama. Note I said sensationalize. Because most of what you see is overhyped bs orchestrated by the powers that be. So the season has begun. It has its moments, but its not like an edge of your seat thrill ride, at least not like the one you get in NCAA Football. NFL is slower, but stronger. More rules and regulations. And then there is that stupid old fashioned tie rule, that is still being enforced today. College football is about guys who play with valor and honor. The stadiums are bigger, and the atmosphere is of hedonism. You have parties........cliques......fan clubs.......and fanatics. NFL just has fans. Where are the witty mascots ? Where are the bands ? Where are the coaches that throw down their caps during a game? You see kids, the NFL is not all that entertaining for the most part. And lately, it hasnt been up to par. Too predictable, boring, and lame. College football is the exact opposite, and everything that sports should be. Do you agree? =)
Greyparrot
Posts: 17,564
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2014 11:25:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
We miss you.
I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations.
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection,
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.
Danielle
Posts: 25,321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2014 6:04:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/28/2014 11:19:23 AM, inferno wrote:
It seems that this section has died.

Viva la Sports forum.

I prefer the NFL to college football for a few reasons.

First, I find college football is more predictable (to a degree) than the pros. We know that the SEC is dominant. We know that the best recruits in the country are going to Alabama. The NFL in my opinion is largely up in the air. There is so much talent because every player is good, that each week is difficult.

On that note, point #2 is that there are no easy weeks. Even the worst teams in the NFL are good. Every college team gets a few easy peasy weeks to bolster their stats for the rankings (and homecoming).

Third, a large complaint is that college kids play with more intensity and with more on the line. I disagree. Professionals are playing to keep their job and earn their salary - not to mention prove they are worth more. They are on the national stage with a job that can be taken at any time. I don't believe that college kids play harder.

The NFL has much better defense than the college level where it's so easy to score a lot of points. I like that football is both a physical and mental match up. Show me a defense that can compete and an offense that has to work *unflattering grunt*

The NFL does have die hard fans who tailgate and buy season tickets. College games are filled with young people who attend for free and are expected to be rowdy. Pro stadiums project a family friendly environment and have more to lose in terms of image and liability; it makes sense they are a little more cautious. However, their fans are still passionate! That's why the NFL is a multi billion dollar industry and growing.

The biggest reason I prefer the NFL is because I can keep track of the players and teams. The rosters change every year in college football - plus there are so many! There are only 32 teams to keep track of in the pros. I know the basics about each team and watch highlights of each every week, and a handful of the games in full. I can't keep track of what's going on at the college level. The players rotate in and out every year. There is so much change.

Finally, I the pro level is just tougher. Grittier. Aside from the rules and extra protections, it's harder. It takes a lot more effort. I find it more exciting. Big, explosive plays are less frequent so they're more sacred.
inferno
Posts: 11,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 11:25:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 6:24:02 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:
Jameis Winston makes me dislike college football in some ways.

Why him. Havent we seen our fair share of corruption in college sports over the past decade alone outside of Florida State.
inferno
Posts: 11,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 11:28:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/28/2014 6:04:27 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 10/28/2014 11:19:23 AM, inferno wrote:
It seems that this section has died.

Viva la Sports forum.

I prefer the NFL to college football for a few reasons.

First, I find college football is more predictable (to a degree) than the pros. We know that the SEC is dominant. We know that the best recruits in the country are going to Alabama. The NFL in my opinion is largely up in the air. There is so much talent because every player is good, that each week is difficult.

On that note, point #2 is that there are no easy weeks. Even the worst teams in the NFL are good. Every college team gets a few easy peasy weeks to bolster their stats for the rankings (and homecoming).

Third, a large complaint is that college kids play with more intensity and with more on the line. I disagree. Professionals are playing to keep their job and earn their salary - not to mention prove they are worth more. They are on the national stage with a job that can be taken at any time. I don't believe that college kids play harder.

The NFL has much better defense than the college level where it's so easy to score a lot of points. I like that football is both a physical and mental match up. Show me a defense that can compete and an offense that has to work *unflattering grunt*

The NFL does have die hard fans who tailgate and buy season tickets. College games are filled with young people who attend for free and are expected to be rowdy. Pro stadiums project a family friendly environment and have more to lose in terms of image and liability; it makes sense they are a little more cautious. However, their fans are still passionate! That's why the NFL is a multi billion dollar industry and growing.

The biggest reason I prefer the NFL is because I can keep track of the players and teams. The rosters change every year in college football - plus there are so many! There are only 32 teams to keep track of in the pros. I know the basics about each team and watch highlights of each every week, and a handful of the games in full. I can't keep track of what's going on at the college level. The players rotate in and out every year. There is so much change.

Finally, I the pro level is just tougher. Grittier. Aside from the rules and extra protections, it's harder. It takes a lot more effort. I find it more exciting. Big, explosive plays are less frequent so they're more sacred.

Hello D. I have to dis-agree with you about college football being predictable. If anything its not that at all given the many upsets you see on a weekly basis. And don't tell me you know Ole Miss and Miss State were gonna be the next big thing. Its very passionate, loud, patriotic, dark, sophisticated, dramatic, and with a little bit of charm. The NFL is slow, mundane, predictable, soul-less, boring, and tedious overall. Its like its just missing something right now. And many of the stars there don't live up to the hype.
birdlandmemories
Posts: 4,158
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 2:45:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/31/2014 11:25:28 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/29/2014 6:24:02 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:
Jameis Winston makes me dislike college football in some ways.

Why him. Havent we seen our fair share of corruption in college sports over the past decade alone outside of Florida State.

Yeah, but why do players get suspended for profiting off their name, while others get away with stealing and sexual assault?
Ashton
inferno
Posts: 11,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2014 10:34:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/31/2014 2:45:09 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 10/31/2014 11:25:28 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/29/2014 6:24:02 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:
Jameis Winston makes me dislike college football in some ways.

Why him. Havent we seen our fair share of corruption in college sports over the past decade alone outside of Florida State.

Yeah, but why do players get suspended for profiting off their name, while others get away with stealing and sexual assault?

Because when you are a star especially in the world of sports, you have special treatment. Simple.
inferno
Posts: 11,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2014 10:37:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/28/2014 6:04:27 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 10/28/2014 11:19:23 AM, inferno wrote:
It seems that this section has died.

Viva la Sports forum.

I prefer the NFL to college football for a few reasons.

First, I find college football is more predictable (to a degree) than the pros. We know that the SEC is dominant. We know that the best recruits in the country are going to Alabama. The NFL in my opinion is largely up in the air. There is so much talent because every player is good, that each week is difficult.

On that note, point #2 is that there are no easy weeks. Even the worst teams in the NFL are good. Every college team gets a few easy peasy weeks to bolster their stats for the rankings (and homecoming).

Third, a large complaint is that college kids play with more intensity and with more on the line. I disagree. Professionals are playing to keep their job and earn their salary - not to mention prove they are worth more. They are on the national stage with a job that can be taken at any time. I don't believe that college kids play harder.

The NFL has much better defense than the college level where it's so easy to score a lot of points. I like that football is both a physical and mental match up. Show me a defense that can compete and an offense that has to work *unflattering grunt*

The NFL does have die hard fans who tailgate and buy season tickets. College games are filled with young people who attend for free and are expected to be rowdy. Pro stadiums project a family friendly environment and have more to lose in terms of image and liability; it makes sense they are a little more cautious. However, their fans are still passionate! That's why the NFL is a multi billion dollar industry and growing.

The biggest reason I prefer the NFL is because I can keep track of the players and teams. The rosters change every year in college football - plus there are so many! There are only 32 teams to keep track of in the pros. I know the basics about each team and watch highlights of each every week, and a handful of the games in full. I can't keep track of what's going on at the college level. The players rotate in and out every year. There is so much change.

Finally, I the pro level is just tougher. Grittier. Aside from the rules and extra protections, it's harder. It takes a lot more effort. I find it more exciting. Big, explosive plays are less frequent so they're more sacred.

I love the diversity in college football. And I love how abstract and stretched it is. I love the larger than life stadiums. I love the bands. I love the cheerleader squads. I love the mascots. I love the tailgate clubs. I love the history between the schools and the rivlaries. I love the traditions and the trophies they play for. The NFL is too bland. The glitz and glamour of that culture doesnt excite me. It seems kinda superfcial at best.
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,290
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 10:31:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am not a diehard football fan but I do like watching games here and there. NFL is by far superior to college ball to me, for one reason: talent. I watch football to see amazing plays, and near flawless football. Nfl has better athletes and smarter QBs across the board. So it's way more entertaining.

Same goes for basketball, although the talent disparity is even more pronounced. Maybe it's because I know the sport a lot better, but I actually cannot stand watching NCAA bball. They miss way too many open shots, nobody can dribble, the defenses aren't actually good, they are just allowed to camp their seven footer in the lane for 35 seconds because there's no defensive 3 seconds rule... And yeah the players in college ball just suck. Even if you are watching duke vs Kansas or Kentucky, maybe 3 of those guys max are gonna play meaningful minutes in the pros. Most games you watch between good teams won't even produce one NBA starter. I can easily see football fans feeling the same way about their sport
birdlandmemories
Posts: 4,158
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 4:26:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/6/2014 10:31:41 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
I am not a diehard football fan but I do like watching games here and there. NFL is by far superior to college ball to me, for one reason: talent. I watch football to see amazing plays, and near flawless football. Nfl has better athletes and smarter QBs across the board. So it's way more entertaining.

Same goes for basketball, although the talent disparity is even more pronounced. Maybe it's because I know the sport a lot better, but I actually cannot stand watching NCAA bball. They miss way too many open shots, nobody can dribble, the defenses aren't actually good, they are just allowed to camp their seven footer in the lane for 35 seconds because there's no defensive 3 seconds rule... And yeah the players in college ball just suck. Even if you are watching duke vs Kansas or Kentucky, maybe 3 of those guys max are gonna play meaningful minutes in the pros. Most games you watch between good teams won't even produce one NBA starter. I can easily see football fans feeling the same way about their sport

College Bball over NBA any day. Way more parity, better than seeing Heat vs Spurs or Thunder in the finals every year.
Ashton
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,290
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 9:01:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 4:26:56 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 11/6/2014 10:31:41 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
I am not a diehard football fan but I do like watching games here and there. NFL is by far superior to college ball to me, for one reason: talent. I watch football to see amazing plays, and near flawless football. Nfl has better athletes and smarter QBs across the board. So it's way more entertaining.

Same goes for basketball, although the talent disparity is even more pronounced. Maybe it's because I know the sport a lot better, but I actually cannot stand watching NCAA bball. They miss way too many open shots, nobody can dribble, the defenses aren't actually good, they are just allowed to camp their seven footer in the lane for 35 seconds because there's no defensive 3 seconds rule... And yeah the players in college ball just suck. Even if you are watching duke vs Kansas or Kentucky, maybe 3 of those guys max are gonna play meaningful minutes in the pros. Most games you watch between good teams won't even produce one NBA starter. I can easily see football fans feeling the same way about their sport

College Bball over NBA any day. Way more parity, better than seeing Heat vs Spurs or Thunder in the finals every year.

Is that a joke? Parity is even worse in NCAA, there are teams that get excited when they qualify for march madness and they are happy to get stomped in the first round. A 1 seed has never lost to a 16 seed, ever. In the NBA, sure the spurs and thunder are better than say the Sixers and magic, but those teams used to be good at some point in their history. College ball has teams that never have and never will win a title, just because they are too small.

Plus, heat went to four finals in four years, they played mavs, thunder, and spurs twice. They got 2 titles in 4 years and I bet they don't make another finals for a while now. Thunder have yet to win a ring, mavs only have one. Spurs have 5 but it had been seven years since their last one in 2007. That's not as good as the NFL in terms of parity, but its not terrible
birdlandmemories
Posts: 4,158
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 9:25:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 9:01:33 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 11/7/2014 4:26:56 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 11/6/2014 10:31:41 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
I am not a diehard football fan but I do like watching games here and there. NFL is by far superior to college ball to me, for one reason: talent. I watch football to see amazing plays, and near flawless football. Nfl has better athletes and smarter QBs across the board. So it's way more entertaining.

Same goes for basketball, although the talent disparity is even more pronounced. Maybe it's because I know the sport a lot better, but I actually cannot stand watching NCAA bball. They miss way too many open shots, nobody can dribble, the defenses aren't actually good, they are just allowed to camp their seven footer in the lane for 35 seconds because there's no defensive 3 seconds rule... And yeah the players in college ball just suck. Even if you are watching duke vs Kansas or Kentucky, maybe 3 of those guys max are gonna play meaningful minutes in the pros. Most games you watch between good teams won't even produce one NBA starter. I can easily see football fans feeling the same way about their sport

College Bball over NBA any day. Way more parity, better than seeing Heat vs Spurs or Thunder in the finals every year.

Is that a joke? Parity is even worse in NCAA, there are teams that get excited when they qualify for march madness and they are happy to get stomped in the first round. A 1 seed has never lost to a 16 seed, ever. In the NBA, sure the spurs and thunder are better than say the Sixers and magic, but those teams used to be good at some point in their history. College ball has teams that never have and never will win a title, just because they are too small.

Plus, heat went to four finals in four years, they played mavs, thunder, and spurs twice. They got 2 titles in 4 years and I bet they don't make another finals for a while now. Thunder have yet to win a ring, mavs only have one. Spurs have 5 but it had been seven years since their last one in 2007. That's not as good as the NFL in terms of parity, but its not terrible

In college though, VCU, Butler, George Mason, Memphis, in March Madness , anything can happen. Also court storming is allowed, which is good.
Ashton
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,290
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 10:09:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 9:25:31 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 11/7/2014 9:01:33 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 11/7/2014 4:26:56 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 11/6/2014 10:31:41 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
I am not a diehard football fan but I do like watching games here and there. NFL is by far superior to college ball to me, for one reason: talent. I watch football to see amazing plays, and near flawless football. Nfl has better athletes and smarter QBs across the board. So it's way more entertaining.

Same goes for basketball, although the talent disparity is even more pronounced. Maybe it's because I know the sport a lot better, but I actually cannot stand watching NCAA bball. They miss way too many open shots, nobody can dribble, the defenses aren't actually good, they are just allowed to camp their seven footer in the lane for 35 seconds because there's no defensive 3 seconds rule... And yeah the players in college ball just suck. Even if you are watching duke vs Kansas or Kentucky, maybe 3 of those guys max are gonna play meaningful minutes in the pros. Most games you watch between good teams won't even produce one NBA starter. I can easily see football fans feeling the same way about their sport

College Bball over NBA any day. Way more parity, better than seeing Heat vs Spurs or Thunder in the finals every year.

Is that a joke? Parity is even worse in NCAA, there are teams that get excited when they qualify for march madness and they are happy to get stomped in the first round. A 1 seed has never lost to a 16 seed, ever. In the NBA, sure the spurs and thunder are better than say the Sixers and magic, but those teams used to be good at some point in their history. College ball has teams that never have and never will win a title, just because they are too small.

Plus, heat went to four finals in four years, they played mavs, thunder, and spurs twice. They got 2 titles in 4 years and I bet they don't make another finals for a while now. Thunder have yet to win a ring, mavs only have one. Spurs have 5 but it had been seven years since their last one in 2007. That's not as good as the NFL in terms of parity, but its not terrible

In college though, VCU, Butler, George Mason, Memphis, in March Madness , anything can happen. Also court storming is allowed, which is good.

Lol ok I will give you court storming... Thats cool. But to me the players are just too bad for me to enjoy watching them. Plus NBA has upsets too, just not as many because of the best of seven series, which I prefer because it means whoever wins the title was really the best team and deserved it, whereas in march madness you could get lucky and never have to play the best seed in your bracket because they lost in a fluke upset. One game is not enough to see which team is better
Sooner
Posts: 1,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 11:18:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
NCAA is more unpredictable on fieldgoals. Better? Eh....
More exciting game winning fieldgoals I guess.
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
August_Burns_Red
Posts: 1,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 10:18:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 11:09:38 AM, inferno wrote:
I am at the point now where I believe this is so. The NFL is a professionals players league with highly sensationalized drama. Note I said sensationalize. Because most of what you see is overhyped bs orchestrated by the powers that be. So the season has begun. It has its moments, but its not like an edge of your seat thrill ride, at least not like the one you get in NCAA Football. NFL is slower, but stronger. More rules and regulations. And then there is that stupid old fashioned tie rule, that is still being enforced today. College football is about guys who play with valor and honor. The stadiums are bigger, and the atmosphere is of hedonism. You have parties........cliques......fan clubs.......and fanatics. NFL just has fans. Where are the witty mascots ? Where are the bands ? Where are the coaches that throw down their caps during a game? You see kids, the NFL is not all that entertaining for the most part. And lately, it hasnt been up to par. Too predictable, boring, and lame. College football is the exact opposite, and everything that sports should be. Do you agree? =)

I agree. The college game has way more passion. More color. the NFL has beome sterile. A business. 'roided out millionaires with a ton of criminals tossed in the mix.
way too big of a business. the other day I was watching the NBC nightly news and the LEAD OFF with the Tom Brady story! Really?
so yeah, College Football all the way. I used to like the NFL more than college. Up to about maybe 4-5 years ago. My business partner has season tickets to Stanford. Their my team. Go Cardinal!! (I see your a Boomer Sooner? Cool. Your boy the Boz came into our Box awhile back and did a signing and we have a autograph big ol pic of him on our wall here with me and my partner.
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
inferno
Posts: 11,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2015 4:00:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/3/2015 10:18:10 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:09:38 AM, inferno wrote:
I am at the point now where I believe this is so. The NFL is a professionals players league with highly sensationalized drama. Note I said sensationalize. Because most of what you see is overhyped bs orchestrated by the powers that be. So the season has begun. It has its moments, but its not like an edge of your seat thrill ride, at least not like the one you get in NCAA Football. NFL is slower, but stronger. More rules and regulations. And then there is that stupid old fashioned tie rule, that is still being enforced today. College football is about guys who play with valor and honor. The stadiums are bigger, and the atmosphere is of hedonism. You have parties........cliques......fan clubs.......and fanatics. NFL just has fans. Where are the witty mascots ? Where are the bands ? Where are the coaches that throw down their caps during a game? You see kids, the NFL is not all that entertaining for the most part. And lately, it hasnt been up to par. Too predictable, boring, and lame. College football is the exact opposite, and everything that sports should be. Do you agree? =)

I agree. The college game has way more passion. More color. the NFL has beome sterile. A business. 'roided out millionaires with a ton of criminals tossed in the mix.
way too big of a business. the other day I was watching the NBC nightly news and the LEAD OFF with the Tom Brady story! Really?
so yeah, College Football all the way. I used to like the NFL more than college. Up to about maybe 4-5 years ago. My business partner has season tickets to Stanford. Their my team. Go Cardinal!! (I see your a Boomer Sooner? Cool. Your boy the Boz came into our Box awhile back and did a signing and we have a autograph big ol pic of him on our wall here with me and my partner.

Much more diverse turn of events, don't you agree.
shaddamcorrinoIV
Posts: 108
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 4:09:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/21/2014 11:09:38 AM, inferno wrote:
I am at the point now where I believe this is so. The NFL is a professionals players league with highly sensationalized drama. Note I said sensationalize. Because most of what you see is overhyped bs orchestrated by the powers that be. So the season has begun. It has its moments, but its not like an edge of your seat thrill ride, at least not like the one you get in NCAA Football. NFL is slower, but stronger. More rules and regulations. And then there is that stupid old fashioned tie rule, that is still being enforced today. College football is about guys who play with valor and honor. The stadiums are bigger, and the atmosphere is of hedonism. You have parties........cliques......fan clubs.......and fanatics. NFL just has fans. Where are the witty mascots ? Where are the bands ? Where are the coaches that throw down their caps during a game? You see kids, the NFL is not all that entertaining for the most part. And lately, it hasnt been up to par. Too predictable, boring, and lame. College football is the exact opposite, and everything that sports should be. Do you agree? =)

While I will agree with you that the NFL is sensationalized it's been pointed out to me that there's not that good of a competition in college as opposed to NFL, for example you never get the ridiculous scores in the NFL unlike college games because the NFl players are too good.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,615
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2015 1:28:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I cannot ever like college football. The perpetual blowjob they give the SEC in the rankings disgusts me.
"It's the PUPPY IN THE SKY!" -TBR's kid

DDO Risk King
inferno
Posts: 11,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2015 2:58:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/23/2015 1:28:05 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I cannot ever like college football. The perpetual blowjob they give the SEC in the rankings disgusts me.

Well since you bluntly put it that way, check out my next thread titled
College Football Rundown.
inferno
Posts: 11,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2017 5:03:38 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 11/9/2014 4:28:56 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
This is the kind of thing that makes CFB often very entertaining, but why the NFL is "better".

https://www.youtube.com...

I think the Alabama vs Clemson game is another prime example of why the NCAA
has better football games and thrillers than the NFL. I mean the big dogs don't even come close. What do you think.
Mharman
Posts: 3,212
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2017 1:40:24 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 10/21/2014 11:09:38 AM, inferno wrote:
I am at the point now where I believe this is so. The NFL is a professionals players league with highly sensationalized drama. Note I said sensationalize. Because most of what you see is overhyped bs orchestrated by the powers that be. So the season has begun. It has its moments, but its not like an edge of your seat thrill ride, at least not like the one you get in NCAA Football. NFL is slower, but stronger. More rules and regulations. And then there is that stupid old fashioned tie rule, that is still being enforced today. College football is about guys who play with valor and honor. The stadiums are bigger, and the atmosphere is of hedonism. You have parties........cliques......fan clubs.......and fanatics. NFL just has fans. Where are the witty mascots ? Where are the bands ? Where are the coaches that throw down their caps during a game? You see kids, the NFL is not all that entertaining for the most part. And lately, it hasnt been up to par. Too predictable, boring, and lame. College football is the exact opposite, and everything that sports should be. Do you agree? =)

I agree. I like the College game better. More exiting in general.
I'm hosting a tournament!
Bracket: http://challonge.com...
VOTE HERE: http://www.debate.org...
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2017 10:29:52 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 1/10/2017 5:03:38 PM, inferno wrote:
At 11/9/2014 4:28:56 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
This is the kind of thing that makes CFB often very entertaining, but why the NFL is "better".

https://www.youtube.com...

I think the Alabama vs Clemson game is another prime example of why the NCAA
has better football games and thrillers than the NFL. I mean the big dogs don't even come close. What do you think.

*ahem* https://www.youtube.com...
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
inferno
Posts: 11,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2017 4:41:25 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 2/8/2017 10:29:52 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 1/10/2017 5:03:38 PM, inferno wrote:
At 11/9/2014 4:28:56 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
This is the kind of thing that makes CFB often very entertaining, but why the NFL is "better".

https://www.youtube.com...

I think the Alabama vs Clemson game is another prime example of why the NCAA
has better football games and thrillers than the NFL. I mean the big dogs don't even come close. What do you think.

*ahem* https://www.youtube.com...

And what does this suppose to mean ? The NFL ratings took a huge dip this past season because its boring. Its not because of anything else. None of the teams are as consistent and energetic as the NCAA football teams. Other than the New England Patriots, there is nothing special about the game today. It is the most overrated, commercialized, inconsistent, and hit-and-miss corporation in the world. I still think that both Alabama vs Clemson games were much more exciting than the past 5 Super Bowls. College football reigns supreme. Lights out.