Jump to topic:

NFL Draft???

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2010 1:39:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Carolina makes no sense. Pike AND Clausen--- real great way to instill confidence in your emerging quarterback Matt Moore.

I think my Vikings got enough tools in Sheppard and Cook to potentially wind up with a good secondary if they figure out who to move to safety. The question is whether they do such figuring. They'd better sign Faneca to shore up the line though, the guard they drafted is not ready, and it's a waste not to block for Peterson and Gerhardt (not to mention a move like Faneca would be encouraging to Favre.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2010 2:02:03 PM
At 4/24/2010 1:39:59 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Carolina makes no sense. Pike AND Clausen--- real great way to instill confidence in your emerging quarterback Matt Moore.

I liked the Clausen pick, but pike is a back up in my eyes.
A lifer at that position.
Not a good pick.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2010 7:37:23 PM
If i was the RAMS i would be pretty pissed off
Could have taken SUH and then took Jimmy Clausen

Vikings not picking Clausen in the 2nd round made little sense to me Brett Favre is not going to be playing much longer maybe one more year but the man is at that retiring age

Lions and 49ers in my opinion did the best in this draft
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2010 7:40:28 PM
Browns picking up joe haden also didnt make alot of sense to me i felt they would have been better off picking Clausen, or C.J spiller, or even DEZ Bryant because if u look at the positions they already have Cornerback has definitely been filled with Eric Wright who was their 2nd best player on defense last year and Sheldon Brown.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2010 10:24:26 PM
At 4/24/2010 7:37:23 PM, Loserboi wrote:
Vikings not picking Clausen in the 2nd round made little sense to me Brett Favre is not going to be playing much longer maybe one more year but the man is at that retiring age
The "Sense" is that they did not evaluate Clausen as a significant improvement on whatever their non-Clausen plans for quarterback in 2011 and beyond are. They might be wrong, but it follows rationally from the premise-- you do not take quarterback in high rounds unless you are confident on him.

(Those plans seem to be some combination of having confidence in the continued development of Tarvaris Jackson, and the apparently high likelihood the Redskins will be unable to retain Mcnabb-- he seems to be a 1 year rental for them).

Also, the fact that a super bowl victory right away is better business for them at this time than coming up just short and having a few more wins after Favre's retirement, and the guys they picked can have an immediate impact.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2010 9:26:51 PM

Yeah but they wanted their guy.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2010 9:29:59 PM

I think the Seattle Seahawks had the best draft.
By far.
After that I thought most did ok.

Jacksonville had the worst.
And denver made a crazy bad move with tebow!
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2010 9:31:30 PM
At 4/24/2010 7:40:28 PM, Loserboi wrote:
Browns picking up joe haden also didnt make alot of sense to me i felt they would have been better off picking Clausen, or C.J spiller, or even DEZ Bryant because if u look at the positions they already have Cornerback has definitely been filled with Eric Wright who was their 2nd best player on defense last year and Sheldon Brown.

Nooo. They got clausen in the 2nd round.
Spiller would have been good but they would have had to trade back to make it a good deal.
They could not.
Haden will be a good player.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2010 9:32:40 PM
At 4/25/2010 9:31:30 PM, comoncents wrote:

Nooo. They could have gotten clausen in the 2nd round.
But they wanted colt and it fit them better
Spiller would have been good but they would have had to trade back to make it a good deal.
They could not.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2010 9:38:14 PM
At 4/24/2010 10:24:26 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
The "Sense" is that they did not evaluate Clausen as a significant improvement on whatever their non-Clausen plans for quarterback in 2011 and beyond are. They might be wrong, but it follows rationally from the premise-- you do not take quarterback in high rounds unless you are confident on him.

(Those plans seem to be some combination of having confidence in the continued development of Tarvaris Jackson, and the apparently high likelihood the Redskins will be unable to retain Mcnabb-- he seems to be a 1 year rental for them).

Also, the fact that a super bowl victory right away is better business for them at this time than coming up just short and having a few more wins after Favre's retirement, and the guys they picked can have an immediate impact.

I think that shows that Farve has a great chance to come back.
Even if they do not, Sage seems like a good fit for that offense.
theitalianstallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 10:40:34 AM

I'm a Panthers fan, and I'm happy with Clausen being picked but not so much with Pike; that pick could've been used to address the most glaring hole on the depth chart - DT. Moore was solid as a starter last season but getting Clausen will push both of them to be better; I don't see Pike competeing though.

As for the rest of the draft, I don't get the Jags and the Bengals got a ton of talent; they'll compete with the Ravens for AFC North crown who also had a solid draft. No other teams stood out, but the Lions offseason as a whole has been very solid.
When Reach fell, I came.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 10:07:49 PM

They could not.

But Cornerback was not a position they needed to fill they do not have any Wide Receivers i think their best receiver is massaquoi, they do not have a defensive line, or linebackers except for Dqwell Jackson who is decent, but what they already had was a good set of Cornerbacks who are still in their 20's. They could even taken Earl Thomas it would have made more sense then drafting a corner.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 10:12:47 PM
At 4/26/2010 10:40:34 AM, theitalianstallion wrote:

I'm a Panthers fan, and I'm happy with Clausen being picked but not so much with Pike; that pick could've been used to address the most glaring hole on the depth chart - DT. Moore was solid as a starter last season but getting Clausen will push both of them to be better; I don't see Pike competeing though.

As for the rest of the draft, I don't get the Jags and the Bengals got a ton of talent; they'll compete with the Ravens for AFC North crown who also had a solid draft. No other teams stood out, but the Lions offseason as a whole has been very solid.

ozzie newsom always makes good picks with late choices
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 4:26:20 AM
At 4/26/2010 10:40:34 AM, theitalianstallion wrote:

Yeah, but I see pike as a NFL back up all of his life. The roster is not big enough for clausen and moore for 5 years. But it is big enough for clausen and locker.

I don't like the pick either but that is a way I look at it.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 4:32:57 AM
At 4/26/2010 10:07:49 PM, Loserboi wrote:

They could not.

But Cornerback was not a position they needed to fill they do not have any Wide Receivers i think their best receiver is massaquoi, they do not have a defensive line, or linebackers except for Dqwell Jackson who is decent, but what they already had was a good set of Cornerbacks who are still in their 20's. They could even taken Earl Thomas it would have made more sense then drafting a corner.

Look, this is not going to be their superbowl run year. They are in rebuilding.
Next years draft could see 2 WR. leaving in the top ten. They need to pick up the best player they could have.
They did need secondary help. Holmgren is a great guy and is doing this thing right.

Getting the def ready.
Not playing mcCoy.

Next year you will see them draft in the top 5 again.
Get familiar with these two...
http://en.wikipedia.org...
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Free agency will also be a target for offense next year... Maybe even get the coach he wants.

If you are a fan, you have a tough year, but in Holmgren you will have to trust!