Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Best catch ever?

airmax1227
Posts: 13,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 9:52:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This is already being called one of the best catches in NFL history.

Odell Beckham Jr against the Cowboys tonight (Nov, 23rd, 2014), makes one of the best catches you will ever see.

"That may be the greatest catch I've ever seen" - Cris Collinsworth
Debate.org Moderator
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:09:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I concur
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
airmax1227
Posts: 13,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 11:44:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Top 10 all time by NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com...

#2 is the "He did What?!" catch by Antonio Freeman when the Packers beat the Vikings in OT . Might be the greatest ending to a game I've ever seen. Go Pack!
Debate.org Moderator
birdlandmemories
Posts: 4,140
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 6:06:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Best catch: yes

If we factor in how meaningful it was: no.

I'd still go with the immaculate reception or Tyree's helmet catch, due to both happening in the playoffs.
Ashton
james14
Posts: 68
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2014 9:24:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
This "best catch" thing is ridiculous. The NFL has been around for, what, a hundred years? And this catch is better than any other made in that century of football? Sportswriters and sports broadcasters always hype the new and tend to neglect the old, simply because it's old and now is now. Besides, with the gloves players wear nowadays, many catches are made that players back in the fifties wouldn't have been able to get.
Maybe I'm a genius; maybe not.

||||?||||
||>|||||<|
|<||>||?|||
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,072
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2014 9:29:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/23/2014 9:52:07 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
This is already being called one of the best catches in NFL history.

Odell Beckham Jr against the Cowboys tonight (Nov, 23rd, 2014), makes one of the best catches you will ever see.



"That may be the greatest catch I've ever seen" - Cris Collinsworth

A level 100. Granted, action replay was used...
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
doubletacosundaebar
Posts: 6
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2014 10:20:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/28/2014 9:24:39 AM, james14 wrote:
This "best catch" thing is ridiculous. The NFL has been around for, what, a hundred years? And this catch is better than any other made in that century of football? Sportswriters and sports broadcasters always hype the new and tend to neglect the old, simply because it's old and now is now. Besides, with the gloves players wear nowadays, many catches are made that players back in the fifties wouldn't have been able to get.

Best catch: Immaculate reception or the Tyree helmet catch (the immaculate reception may fall under the best moment category instead)?
james14
Posts: 68
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2014 11:45:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/28/2014 10:20:47 AM, doubletacosundaebar wrote:
At 11/28/2014 9:24:39 AM, james14 wrote:
This "best catch" thing is ridiculous. The NFL has been around for, what, a hundred years? And this catch is better than any other made in that century of football? Sportswriters and sports broadcasters always hype the new and tend to neglect the old, simply because it's old and now is now. Besides, with the gloves players wear nowadays, many catches are made that players back in the fifties wouldn't have been able to get.

Best catch: Immaculate reception or the Tyree helmet catch (the immaculate reception may fall under the best moment category instead)?

I dunno. I'm no expert. I just object to this "greatest catch of all time!!!!!" hype when there have been so many other great catches over the NFL's historyl
Maybe I'm a genius; maybe not.

||||?||||
||>|||||<|
|<||>||?|||