Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

NFL Playoff Predictions

Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 8:13:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think with Sanchez leading the Birds the Eagles will face some tough competition from the Cowboys for a playoff spot. At the start of the season I predicted Philly would go deep into the playoffs. With their starting QB injured, now I'm not so sure. I can see the Cowboys taking first place in the NFC East and the Eagles getting a Wild Card spot.

Detroit is only one game behind Green Bay but I think the Packers will take that division. I also think the Cardinals will lose 2 of their last 4 games and finish the season at a respectable 11-5 tied with the Seahawks. One of those two teams will get the second WC spot and rightfully so.

The NFC South sucks this year. The Falcons and Saints are tied for the lead at 5-7. Tampa only won 2 games and the Panthers won 3. I'm really surprised at Atlanta! Their defense sucks and their offense hasn't been clicking. They need a more solid run game. They were an awesome team 2 years ago, only won 4 games last year and will at best have a 50/50 record at the end of this season. The Saints will probably win that division but neither team will get very far. I'm bummed for New Orleans and disappointed in their season so far. Btw is Rob Ryan the most overrated defensive coordinator in the NFL or nah?

Green Bay is my NFC favorite. Seattle is my number two.

New Englands wins the AFC East and the Colts take the South. San Diego is only one game behind Denver in the West; the Chargers will probably get one of the WC spots. The AFC North is up for grabs with the Bengals at 8-4 and everyone else at 7-5. I think the Ravens will win that division as they have a really easy upcoming 4 games and could/should win them all. As for the WC spot, it will go to Pittsburgh or the Bengals as they play each other twice in the next 4 games. The winner will take it.

The Pats are the AFC favorite but I like the Broncos. I don't think any other teams in the AFC can realistically beat them.
President of DDO
birdlandmemories
Posts: 4,141
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 5:41:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/2/2014 8:13:12 AM, Danielle wrote:
I think with Sanchez leading the Birds the Eagles will face some tough competition from the Cowboys for a playoff spot. At the start of the season I predicted Philly would go deep into the playoffs. With their starting QB injured, now I'm not so sure. I can see the Cowboys taking first place in the NFC East and the Eagles getting a Wild Card spot.

Detroit is only one game behind Green Bay but I think the Packers will take that division. I also think the Cardinals will lose 2 of their last 4 games and finish the season at a respectable 11-5 tied with the Seahawks. One of those two teams will get the second WC spot and rightfully so.

The NFC South sucks this year. The Falcons and Saints are tied for the lead at 5-7. Tampa only won 2 games and the Panthers won 3. I'm really surprised at Atlanta! Their defense sucks and their offense hasn't been clicking. They need a more solid run game. They were an awesome team 2 years ago, only won 4 games last year and will at best have a 50/50 record at the end of this season. The Saints will probably win that division but neither team will get very far. I'm bummed for New Orleans and disappointed in their season so far. Btw is Rob Ryan the most overrated defensive coordinator in the NFL or nah?

Green Bay is my NFC favorite. Seattle is my number two.

New Englands wins the AFC East and the Colts take the South. San Diego is only one game behind Denver in the West; the Chargers will probably get one of the WC spots. The AFC North is up for grabs with the Bengals at 8-4 and everyone else at 7-5. I think the Ravens will win that division as they have a really easy upcoming 4 games and could/should win them all. As for the WC spot, it will go to Pittsburgh or the Bengals as they play each other twice in the next 4 games. The winner will take it.

The Pats are the AFC favorite but I like the Broncos. I don't think any other teams in the AFC can realistically beat them.

Pack vs Patriots in the super bowl . My darkhorse playoff team is the Bills. Sure they have a tough remaining schedule, but the last couple of games they have looked impressive.
Ashton
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2014 12:02:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Pack vs. Pats is a safe pick for now, but I still think there's a lot of football left to be played... and I suspect what seems like the obvious choice probably won't turn out that way. So I'll wait another week before making my predictions. I think the AFC isn't as on lock as you presume for the Pats...
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2014 1:09:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
So much can change. Both the Pats and the Packers are playing so much better than they were 8 weeks ago (they both started pretty rough) that 8 weeks from now, they could be back to where they were. Especially if injuries occur. I always like teams that get injuries at the beginning of the season so that their guys are coming back in the last 4 weeks.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:20:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/4/2014 1:09:55 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
So much can change.

Yes, we're making predictions for funsies.

I always like teams that get injuries at the beginning of the season so that their guys are coming back in the last 4 weeks.

Such as?
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:30:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm waiting for the Chiefs to have their year. It won't be this season, but it could have been. Philadelphia and KC have been the 2 teams I really thought would surprise everyone for the past 2 seasons. They almost had it. I'm thinking if Jamaal Charles hadn't been injured earlier on it may have played a factor. They demolished the Patriots in Week 4. They SHOULD have won against the Titans, Niners and Oakland. They beat Seattle too, though I'll admit I can't see them beating Denver. I still think the Broncos and Patriots have the best chance to win the AFC, with the Chargers being my dark horse of sorts.

The Packers should coast into 1st place in the NFC. I guess the Seahawks are my best guess at their contenders. My "dark horse" would be the Lions. I don't have faith in the NFC East. They're good but not good enough.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:33:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
And yes OreEle while anything is up for grabs in the NFL, I'm still saying Broncos, Patriots [Chargers] + Packers, Seahawks [Lions].
President of DDO
Bennett91
Posts: 4,237
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 11:15:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/24/2015 11:01:28 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 1/24/2015 3:50:56 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
sig change

In the sports section?

A dead thread is a dead thread. I figured the sports section would have little traffic. But while I have your attention could you do me a favor and vote on my debate? It's in the sig, "Should the UK leave the EU", it's what the sig change was for. I'd appreciate it.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 11:58:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/24/2015 11:15:30 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 1/24/2015 11:01:28 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 1/24/2015 3:50:56 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
sig change

In the sports section?

A dead thread is a dead thread. I figured the sports section would have little traffic. But while I have your attention could you do me a favor and vote on my debate? It's in the sig, "Should the UK leave the EU", it's what the sig change was for. I'd appreciate it.

You do realize that you don't have to actually post to change your signature, right? You only have to review a new post. At that point the new dog is saved and you can go do something else.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Bennett91
Posts: 4,237
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 4:51:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/28/2015 11:58:42 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 1/24/2015 11:15:30 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 1/24/2015 11:01:28 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 1/24/2015 3:50:56 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
sig change

In the sports section?

A dead thread is a dead thread. I figured the sports section would have little traffic. But while I have your attention could you do me a favor and vote on my debate? It's in the sig, "Should the UK leave the EU", it's what the sig change was for. I'd appreciate it.

You do realize that you don't have to actually post to change your signature, right? You only have to review a new post. At that point the new dog is saved and you can go do something else.

I did not know that, thanks.