I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2008 11:13:11 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/29/2008 10:49:41 AM, s0m31john wrote:
Internet Surfing

And mouse clicking, button mashing, backspace whacking, space bar-ing, and erm...well. y'know, personal pleasuring.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
crackofdawn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2008 12:21:26 PM
Football. The real football, not futbol.
A man comes to a fork in a road. . He ends up going left where he is ran over by a car. Another person comes to the same fork and decides to right. He also gets ran over by a car. A third person comes to the same fork. He decides that walking up a road in the dark is not smart and takes the grassy middle of the fork. He survives.

Moral: Don't be an extremist, neither side can be right all the time. Sometimes, you have to make your own path.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2008 11:52:58 AM
American Football
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2008 5:51:41 PM
At 12/29/2008 12:21:26 PM, crackofdawn wrote:
Football. The real football, not futbol.

As in the one where you kick a ball about or the one where you pretend to throw a ball about but are really trying to get laid with a helmet on.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2009 1:07:24 PM
At 1/1/2009 10:02:53 AM, DiablosChaosBroker wrote:
Does debate count as a sport?

Is a debater considered an athlete? Would you call George Bush, or Hilary Clinton an athlete?
DiablosChaosBroker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2009 3:03:33 PM
At 1/1/2009 1:07:24 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Is a debater considered an athlete? Would you call George Bush, or Hilary Clinton an athlete?

Sport by definition is an activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2009 3:26:07 PM
At 1/1/2009 3:03:33 PM, DiablosChaosBroker wrote:

Sport by definition is an activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.

Life has rules. People go against others for a better life. IS life a sport?
DiablosChaosBroker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2009 3:27:22 PM
At 1/1/2009 3:26:07 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

IS it engaged in competitively?
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2009 4:09:14 PM
At 1/1/2009 3:27:22 PM, DiablosChaosBroker wrote:
At 1/1/2009 3:26:07 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

IS it engaged in competitively?

People try to have a better house, car, etc than their neighbour. I would call that competitiveness.
crackofdawn_Jr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2009 4:15:06 PM
As in the one where you kick a ball about or the one where you pretend to throw a ball about but are really trying to get laid with a helmet on.

The one where you try to demolish your opponent and beat them with pure physical prowess. Not the one where you run around like sissy's making sure not to kick each other because it might be called a penalty.

P. S. Girls play soccer professionally, but they don't play football professionally. Thus, football is harder and more physically demanding. :D
There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics"
-Mark Twain

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success"

"Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow."
- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2009 4:36:31 PM
At 1/1/2009 4:15:06 PM, crackofdawn_Jr wrote:

The one where you try to demolish your opponent and beat them with pure physical prowess. Not the one where you run around like sissy's making sure not to kick each other because it might be called a penalty.

P. S. Girls play soccer professionally, but they don't play football professionally. Thus, football is harder and more physically demanding. :D

Let's think about it. Real football was made by Gents in England. When playing football a boy went, 'This isn't gay enough?'. The end result was rugby, with long, hard ball, grabbing onto another man's privates for dear life and getting a cuddle left, right and centre. When the English tried to show the Americans this sport, all they got were people wearing helmets which is why 1. it deteriorated into the sport it is now (they have to time themselves and check distances) and 2. They wear helmets.

Football requires stamina, awareness and skill on any position. Football requires you to be a steroid junkie. You also described wrestling (which is as red neck as humanly possible) instead of American Football. I don't mind things like UFC but WWE and TNA spit in the name of wrestling with their tables and steel chairs.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2009 3:12:16 AM
I hate formula 1, it's just guys in cars going around a track. I also dislike fans of it. So instead of finding out 20 minutes deep into a conversation, I just go 'vrooooooooom, vroooooooom' to the, and if there eyes light up I just walk away.
DiablosChaosBroker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2009 10:10:26 AM
WWE and TNA spit in the name of wrestling with their tables and steel chairs.

That's entertainment. Nothing too bad like a wrestler soaked in blood by a blunt steel chair that isn't even sharp. I wonder how many times do they cut their heads apart?
crackofdawn_Jr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2009 3:33:09 PM
Women's beach volleyball... for obvious reasons is my second choice.
There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics"
-Mark Twain

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success"

"Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow."
- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler