Blown call perfect game

xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 6:12:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
GALARAGA JUST GOT FVCKING RIPPED OFF.

That was the worst call I have ever seen made in MLB. That was a legit perfect game... bull sh!t ump, bull sh!t.
sammyc96
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 7:13:15 PM
At 6/2/2010 7:05:28 PM, theitalianstallion wrote:
I haven't seen the replay, but in that situation, if its close, the ump should give it to the pitcher.

It wasn't even close it should have gone to the pitcher
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 7:59:40 PM
At 6/2/2010 6:38:20 PM, sammyc96 wrote:
He was easily safe it wasn't even close

ummm what game were you watching?
he was horribly out
...i think you had a typo
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 8:02:56 PM

The runner was definitely out. The throw was clearly there on time.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2010 7:34:38 AM
At 6/2/2010 7:05:28 PM, theitalianstallion wrote:
I haven't seen the replay, but in that situation, if its close, the ump should give it to the pitcher.

"A batter is out when after he hits a fair ball, he or first base is tagged before he touches first base."

Tie always goes to the runner.

The notion that "it wasn't even close" is biased by the fact that we have slow motion replays. I don't believe umpires do. In real time it was close-- indistinguishable from a tie. An argument for moving to instant replay is to be found here, but not a problem with the umpire.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
twsurber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2010 7:36:58 AM
At 6/2/2010 6:12:19 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
GALARAGA JUST GOT FVCKING RIPPED OFF.

That was the worst call I have ever seen made in MLB. That was a legit perfect game... bull sh!t ump, bull sh!t.

Since the outcome of the game will not change, I think they should call Donald out, and not charge Redmond with an "at bat". 1B umpire Jim Joyce admitted he made a bad call which is confirmed by video.

Restore the perfect game to AG, it's clearly the right thing to do.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2010 7:38:27 AM
Note, the above only applies to first base, other bases it's reversed:

"
7.08(e) A runner is out when... failing to reach the next base before a fielder tags said runner or the base after that runner has been forced to advance by reason of the batter becoming a runner. "
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
sammyc96
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2010 9:13:32 AM
At 6/2/2010 7:59:40 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:

ummm what game were you watching?
he was horribly out
...i think you had a typo

yea thats what I meant he was easily out
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2010 9:22:34 AM
LOL @RR explaining baseball to everyone.

I am certainly not biased. I don't watch baseball and don't care who wins, &ct. The throw was there about a half step before the runner. That means it was not even close.

Beyond that, it was kind of a d--k move to give it to the runner when the pitcher has a perfect game riding on it and it is the final out in the final inning with a three run lead. I know that isn't related to the fairness of the call, but still...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 2:37:49 PM
It's true. I think for umps it's not even about how it looked, but rather they can HEAR in most situations whether the runner was out -- the ball will smack inside of the glove before the thump of the foot crossing 1st. While the perfect game shouldn't have been a factor in the call, it's true that considering there was a 3 run lead and 2 outs the ump could've been a lil more lenient EVEN IF there was a tie (which there wasn't). All over the internet I saw an uproar about them asking the MLB to overturn the call, but I don't think that's happened, has it?
President of DDO
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 3:13:30 PM
At 6/14/2010 2:44:44 PM, wjmelements wrote:
lol, the video on page one was removed by MLB.

Thats cuz they know that they fvcked up the tigers first perfect game.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 3:14:29 PM
At 6/14/2010 2:37:49 PM, theLwerd wrote:
It's true. I think for umps it's not even about how it looked, but rather they can HEAR in most situations whether the runner was out -- the ball will smack inside of the glove before the thump of the foot crossing 1st. While the perfect game shouldn't have been a factor in the call, it's true that considering there was a 3 run lead and 2 outs the ump could've been a lil more lenient EVEN IF there was a tie (which there wasn't). All over the internet I saw an uproar about them asking the MLB to overturn the call, but I don't think that's happened, has it?

No it hasn't been overturned and it won't. Bud Selig, said that if he overturned that call that it would open up for alot of other calls to be overturned and he didn't want to have to deal with that... stupid son of a b!tch.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2010 1:54:04 PM
It would seem that conservatives tend to say that they should not change the call but change the rules for future games, while liberals want to be "fair" and give him the perfect game. Even some congresspeople have been "declaring" it to be a perfect game through legislation. What authority do they have in baseball? The best question to ask is: What should have been done if the ump failed on the call, but the runner was obviously safe?
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2010 2:25:02 PM
Liberals and conservatives have been talking about the game? That's absurd. The answer is that no elected government official has any say or authority in baseball. As far as what would have happened if the ump blew the call against the runner, why would that be the better question, mongoose?
President of DDO
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2010 10:46:30 PM
At 6/15/2010 2:25:02 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Liberals and conservatives have been talking about the game? That's absurd. The answer is that no elected government official has any say or authority in baseball. As far as what would have happened if the ump blew the call against the runner, why would that be the better question, mongoose?

Well, almost everybody has been talking about the game, not necessary in a political context.

The question of the opposite scenario is important because in that case, it would be clear that he didn't deserve it, but nobody would support the idea of removing it from him.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2010 9:06:16 AM
Yeah. That's because the last batter hit a routine ground ball, and if he wasn't out, it would probably be the fault of the fielders - not the pitcher. Pitching a no-hitter is very impressive and if the very last at-bat was a routine grounder that his team botched, why would anyone want to strip him of his prestigious accomplishment? On the other hand, not giving him his due props when he did deserve it is far more offensive.
President of DDO