Jump to topic:

Cavs underwhelming start

ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 7:36:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Doubt this will get much attention, since there don't seem to be many NBA fans here, but here goes:

I have long been of the opinion that Lebron James, Kevin Love, and Kyrie Irving are overrated. Love and Irving have never been to the playoffs, yet people talk them up as elite players. People say Irving is a top PG, but there are at least 8 PGs I would rather have on my team than him. As for Love, he always puts up meaningless stats on crappy losing teams. He doesn't play defense and he basically is a whiner, not a winner.

Lebron is definitely a great player, but he is not on the same level as the legends of the game. He happened to be the best player in the league for a few years, but his dominance is over and honestly he doesn't deserve to be compared to Jordan.

This Cavs team was predicted to be all kinds of amazing, but it's just not happening. I have to say, I'm not at all surprised.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 8:15:55 AM
At 1/14/2015 7:36:20 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
Doubt this will get much attention, since there don't seem to be many NBA fans here, but here goes:

I have long been of the opinion that Lebron James, Kevin Love, and Kyrie Irving are overrated. Love and Irving have never been to the playoffs, yet people talk them up as elite players. People say Irving is a top PG, but there are at least 8 PGs I would rather have on my team than him. As for Love, he always puts up meaningless stats on crappy losing teams. He doesn't play defense and he basically is a whiner, not a winner.

Lebron is definitely a great player, but he is not on the same level as the legends of the game. He happened to be the best player in the league for a few years, but his dominance is over and honestly he doesn't deserve to be compared to Jordan.

This Cavs team was predicted to be all kinds of amazing, but it's just not happening. I have to say, I'm not at all surprised.

Well it doesn't help that the Cavs are the center of the sports media world due to LeBron James. I think James has distracted them from basketball some. Look at the Hawks, they don't have a star player and are 31-8. Same with the Bucks. They don't have a super talented roster, but they do play hard and have a winning record to show for it. The Cavs lack energy, they play slow Basketball and the defense has been lackluster. If they miss the playoffs (unlikely since the are in the east but you never know) they deserved it since the effort was lacking.
Ashton
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 11:22:34 AM
At 1/15/2015 8:15:55 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 1/14/2015 7:36:20 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

Well it doesn't help that the Cavs are the center of the sports media world due to LeBron James. I think James has distracted them from basketball some. Look at the Hawks, they don't have a star player and are 31-8. Same with the Bucks. They don't have a super talented roster, but they do play hard and have a winning record to show for it. The Cavs lack energy, they play slow Basketball and the defense has been lackluster. If they miss the playoffs (unlikely since the are in the east but you never know) they deserved it since the effort was lacking.

Agreed, I think a lot of the credit for the Hawks good start should go to Coach Budenholzer, he really is doing the most with limited resources. Although in my opinion, Horford is probably good enough to be considered a star player, as long as he can stay healthy. But like you say, being in the east also helps them rack up the wins.

That's something I've always hated, as a fan of a Western team. About the last 15 or so seasons, playing in the west means you play better teams more times than the East, and you also need more wins to get into the playoffs or get HCA. I don't remember the last time a western team made the playoffs with a losing record, while its happened 2-3 times recently I think out east. Really unfair, but I guess such is the nature of sports.