Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 11:17:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/2/2015 10:02:58 AM, Koopin wrote:
Brady > Manning.

Goodbye

Ive been saying this for 10 years now. Tom Brady is the only quarterback in NFL history to have his team play in 15 straight playoff games. And he has participated in a remarkable 6 Super Bowls, 4 of which he has already won. -=)
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 3:27:52 PM
At 2/2/2015 11:17:14 AM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2015 10:02:58 AM, Koopin wrote:
Brady > Manning.

Goodbye

Ive been saying this for 10 years now.

So nice to see you two agree.

I tend to agree. However there is some wiggle-room here. For starters, football is a team sport. Marino won 0 Superbowls, that doesn't put him below the likes of Trent Dilfer and Mark Rypien on the all-time greatest list. I mean, does Koopin create this thread today if Carroll runs Lynch into the endzone on the last play? I think not. Manning's personal records far out-strip Brady's. With that said, I think Brady has been playing more clutch in the postseason than Manning. Furthermore, Manning's sole trophy is against Rex Grossman. I don't know... football is SO difficult to measure. The team aspect is so much more intricate than in almost any other sport. Whether a team decides to rush vs pass, whether the defense does its job... And furthermore, a good player is often statistically penalized. Rodgers sat several times this season because he put the game away so early. For these reasons the QBR was invented, which Rodgers owns rights to at the moment (career). At this point I should start whining about the Packers' record-setting horrible defenses in the last few years... But to get back on topic, yeah Brady>Manning. When it comes down to it, who do you put on your team? A guy like Brady who is cool as ice? Or Manning who has mysterious post-season inconsistency...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:54:00 PM
Rob, answer the question yes or no. Brady is better than Manning.

When a QB has 4 super bowls with 6 appearances to Manning's 1, you have to finally concede the debate. You know what I heard when the pats lost their perfect season "IT ONLY MATTERS IF YOU WIN THE BIG GAME." I dont give all credit to the super bowl wins, but Manning had far better weapons last year and got 8 points. When it matters is when it counts. Brady is better.
kfc
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 7:37:11 AM
At 2/2/2015 10:54:00 PM, Koopin wrote:

Yes. *bows*

When a QB has 4 super bowls with 6 appearances to Manning's 1, you have to finally concede the debate. You know what I heard when the pats lost their perfect season "IT ONLY MATTERS IF YOU WIN THE BIG GAME."

Have the Tyree nightmares ended or are you still having them? He just keeps falling to the ground slowly with a football on his head...

I dont give all credit to the super bowl wins, but Manning had far better weapons last year and got 8 points. When it matters is when it counts. Brady is better.

I think the Seahawks were practically indestructible last year, I don't think the team that showed up this weekend to play Brady was the same that played Manning. As a Packers' fan, I saw a Seahawks team DOMINATE the Pack in the opening game in all phases. When we played them a few weeks ago it was nearly 180 degrees different, we were out-muscling them on offense and defense but just had a mysterious breakdown at the end and blew about 6 opportunities to close it out. Wilson threw so many interceptions against us I lost count of them. I won't take the credit away from the Pats for going all the way, but don't tell me that that Seahawks team was the same unstoppable juggernaut that won last year.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 11:25:12 AM
At 2/2/2015 10:54:00 PM, Koopin wrote:

When a QB has 4 super bowls with 6 appearances to Manning's 1, you have to finally concede the debate. You know what I heard when the pats lost their perfect season "IT ONLY MATTERS IF YOU WIN THE BIG GAME." I dont give all credit to the super bowl wins, but Manning had far better weapons last year and got 8 points. When it matters is when it counts. Brady is better.

Having said that.....Tom Brady beat the very defense that beat Manning. Good day. =0
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 8:15:00 AM
At 2/3/2015 11:25:12 AM, inferno wrote:
Having said that.....Tom Brady beat the very defense that beat Manning. Good day. =0

Did Brady or did Belichick? Or did Edelman/Gronk/Amendola? To be fair the Broncos had great receivers...
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 8:21:55 AM
I agree with Rob. It's hard to measure, but you can bet your a$s that if this discussion were about Rodgers he would be measuring alright lol. He would be posting statistics down to the number of centimeters he threw ;)

There's no denying that Tom Brady is amazing. His consecutive playoff appearances are no small feat in a league with so much talent, but to be honest, the AFC East hasn't given ol Tommy Boy a run for his money in quite some time. We also have to consider that Belichick is one of the best coaches ever and the Pats have had a consistently good offense overall (except for last year for a bit).

But when it comes down to it, do I want Manning or Brady on my team in the Superbowl? Brady, absolutely. Now Manning is also a little older now and a little banged up. It would have been interesting to see what HE could have accomplished on the Patriots. But as much as I dislike the guy, there's really no denying that Brady is just so talented and such a smart player. However I would never want him to lead my team. He doesn't seem like a likable guy I would wanna rally around and follow; he doesn't look like he knows how to share the glory (or blame) in such a dynamic TEAM sport.

I think Rodgers is a better QB than Brady. And if I were going to the Superbowl, the QBs I would take (in order) are Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben, then Brady -- but I'm looking forward to the day Luck surpasses him, and I do think it's possible, or he could at least be on par.

Who do you guys think the next best QB debate will be? It was supposed to be Luck and RG3, but I think that's settled for now...
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 10:58:58 PM
When my computer is back up and I am not longer stuck on a phone I will address this. Koopin, I told you on facebook that I will let you have your day because of your win (that occurred while Brady was on the sidelines) but on DDO, niceties are gone and only logic prevails!
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 7:11:50 AM
At 2/6/2015 10:58:58 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
When my computer is back up and I am not longer stuck on a phone I will address this. Koopin, I told you on facebook that I will let you have your day because of your win (that occurred while Brady was on the sidelines) but on DDO, niceties are gone and only logic prevails!

I thought you might like this article (lots of interesting stats). Apparently Joe Montana still has Brady slightly beat in the "best ever" conversation. And Peyton might have better stats but less accolades.

http://fivethirtyeight.com...
President of DDO
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 9:00:17 AM
At 2/8/2015 7:11:50 AM, Danielle wrote:

I thought you might like this article (lots of interesting stats). Apparently Joe Montana still has Brady slightly beat in the "best ever" conversation. And Peyton might have better stats but less accolades.

I've got to give Brady the nod over Montana now, even if he stops playing. The reason, simply, is that the greatest football player of all time is not a quarterback, it's a receiver - Jerry Rice - and Montana got three rings with him. Rice has something like 100 records as a receiver - an absolutely gaudy and ridiculous number that would be even more remarkable if not for a certain Packer named Don Hutson - and Brady just didn't have that sort of help. Brady has had some targets, he had Moss in 2007 and Gronk for certain sporadic periods when he hasn't been under the knife, but nobody as solid and consistent as a Jerry Rice who was churning out NFL records as if they were cigarettes at an AA meeting.
Beliefs in a nutshell: