Total Posts:32|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What NFL teams are you excited for next year?

Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 9:01:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I've written a handful of posts in the past justifying being a fair weathered fan (and arguing that it's only logical). While I love my NY teams -- cuz those are the games I've seen in person, and they kinda represent where I was born and raised -- I think people should praise teams that do well both on and off the field, and identifying as a diehard fan of any team makes little sense (cuz rosters change, there's no loyalty and the players have no direct affiliation to the hometown team).

I hate Belichick's persona. I hate Tom Brady's attitude. Being in the same division (and dominating) as the Jets, plus going to the Superbowl vs the Giants twice recently, makes it even eaiser to "hate" that team. Plus they cheat a lot. But for the most part I don't love/hate any particular teams that strongly. Over the last few years I've really been impressed with the Seahawks. Not only do they have one of (if not the best) defense in NFL history, but the characters on that team are hilarious.

Richard Sherman makes me lol. Marshawn Lynch is ridiculous. "Yeah. Shout out to all my Africans. Yeah. I love my family. Yeah." Wilson is imperfect but impressive. Coach Carroll is really smart and spirited. I just like the team; I enjoy watching them. I like that they play high powered offenses (like the Broncos, Packers and Patriots) and keep it really competitive. I like that they have to make it work with a n00b QB and less than mediocre receiving corp. I also like their off the field endeavors. So I think in addition to NY teams I'm looking forward to watching the Hawks next season and I'll be rooting for them.

But mostly I'm looking forward to the Giants. We had a rough year. I'd love for Cam Newton to get some help on his team, too. And although the Giants will probably draft O-line help, it would be cool if we got a solid RB. Our run game was non-existent last year (maybe in part due to the O-line) but yeah I wanna see Cruz and ODB together in action bruh :)
President of DDO
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 2:11:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2015 9:01:18 AM, Danielle wrote:
But mostly I'm looking forward to the Giants. We had a rough year. I'd love for Cam Newton to get some help on his team, too. And although the Giants will probably draft O-line help, it would be cool if we got a solid RB. Our run game was non-existent last year (maybe in part due to the O-line) but yeah I wanna see Cruz and ODB together in action bruh :)

We have Spags back, too.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 10:39:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2015 9:01:18 AM, Danielle wrote:
I've written a handful of posts in the past justifying being a fair weathered fan (and arguing that it's only logical).

You're loyal to your favorite teams I don't think you're what most people are talking about. What they are describing are all those fans who suddenly are sporting jerseys of a team that just won big last year, acting like they were always a part of it. Like all those Saints jerseys people were wearing in 2010...

While I love my NY teams -- cuz those are the games I've seen in person, and they kinda represent where I was born and raised -- I think people should praise teams that do well both on and off the field, and identifying as a diehard fan of any team makes little sense (cuz rosters change, there's no loyalty and the players have no direct affiliation to the hometown team).

I hate Belichick's persona. I hate Tom Brady's attitude.

During the Packers-Patriots game, Brady was on the sidelines screaming. The announcers were laughing about it. I've never seen Rodgers lose control like that. You have to imagine Brady is that guy that probably is abusive in his personal life to people, a real scum-sucker. Like that boss that always busts your chops...

Being in the same division (and dominating) as the Jets, plus going to the Superbowl vs the Giants twice recently, makes it even eaiser to "hate" that team. Plus they cheat a lot. But for the most part I don't love/hate any particular teams that strongly. Over the last few years I've really been impressed with the Seahawks. Not only do they have one of (if not the best) defense in NFL history, but the characters on that team are hilarious.

Richard Sherman makes me lol. Marshawn Lynch is ridiculous. "Yeah. Shout out to all my Africans. Yeah. I love my family. Yeah." Wilson is imperfect but impressive. Coach Carroll is really smart and spirited. I just like the team; I enjoy watching them. I like that they play high powered offenses (like the Broncos, Packers and Patriots) and keep it really competitive. I like that they have to make it work with a n00b QB and less than mediocre receiving corp. I also like their off the field endeavors. So I think in addition to NY teams I'm looking forward to watching the Hawks next season and I'll be rooting for them.

I really enjoyed Sherman's rant on Crabtree last year. But then I took a step back and really thought about it. Yeah, NFL is entertainment, and he's entertaining. But just like Rodgers says, "you win with class, you lose with class." It's not just one or the other. When the Pack wins or loses, it's always with class. They don't whine and make excuses when they lose, they don't gloat and go overboard when they win. That is how it should be done. That is the example we should be setting for the younger generation: good sportsmanship. The Seahawks are not shining examples of good sportsmanship. As Ice Cube put it "all entertainers want to be athletes, and all athletes want to be entertainers." Sherman is not an entertainer, he is an athlete. By being a poor sport, which he most certainly is, he's dirtying the game. Taking honor away from it. Some kid in high school is gonna bully an opposing player after seeing that. Some kid is gonna take his personality and drag it through the dirt because his hero Richard Sherman ain't any better anyway. And as far as Sherman, you live by the sword, you die by the sword. He may dominate for years to come. But when his talents begin to wane, somebody is going to make an example out of him. His fate is sealed, he will have a bitter end to his career just like Moss and T.O. and Favre did.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2015 10:55:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I stand by my Bills prediction last year. I hope they draft Manion and strengthen their OL.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2015 10:12:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2015 10:55:41 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I stand by my Bills prediction last year. I hope they draft Manion and strengthen their OL.

No QB=no chance
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2015 11:20:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/7/2015 10:12:05 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 2/6/2015 10:55:41 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I stand by my Bills prediction last year. I hope they draft Manion and strengthen their OL.

No QB=no chance

When you have a defense that can embarrass Manning, Rodgers, and Brady, you always have a chance.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 8:29:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/7/2015 11:20:54 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 2/7/2015 10:12:05 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 2/6/2015 10:55:41 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I stand by my Bills prediction last year. I hope they draft Manion and strengthen their OL.

No QB=no chance

When you have a defense that can embarrass Manning, Rodgers, and Brady, you always have a chance.

They embarrassed them by losing to them? I think the only one of them they beat was Rodgers.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 8:30:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/6/2015 10:55:41 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I stand by my Bills prediction last year. I hope they draft Manion and strengthen their OL.

They got Incognito LOL. He is good...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 1:37:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/8/2015 8:29:43 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 2/7/2015 11:20:54 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 2/7/2015 10:12:05 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 2/6/2015 10:55:41 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I stand by my Bills prediction last year. I hope they draft Manion and strengthen their OL.

No QB=no chance

When you have a defense that can embarrass Manning, Rodgers, and Brady, you always have a chance.

They embarrassed them by losing to them? I think the only one of them they beat was Rodgers.

They embarrassed manning by ending his TD passing streak, and picking him off twice. They beat Rodgers and split with Brady. Also, they spotted the leagues best opposing Passer rating (when compared against the passer rating of the QBs, Cleveland was .4 better, but did not face nearly the same level QBs). They also sported the best opposing passer rating on the road by a long shot. This also wasn't some fluke. They were #2 last year, behind only Seattle's 64.5 (the best since 2009). Buffalo also lead the league in fewest TDs per game and most sacks per game. And that was with their prize MLB out for the season. They are a great team that just needs a few pieces on offense to break through.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 3:42:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/8/2015 1:37:46 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 2/8/2015 8:29:43 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 2/7/2015 11:20:54 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 2/7/2015 10:12:05 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 2/6/2015 10:55:41 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I stand by my Bills prediction last year. I hope they draft Manion and strengthen their OL.

No QB=no chance

When you have a defense that can embarrass Manning, Rodgers, and Brady, you always have a chance.

They embarrassed them by losing to them? I think the only one of them they beat was Rodgers.

They embarrassed manning by ending his TD passing streak, and picking him off twice. They beat Rodgers and split with Brady. Also, they spotted the leagues best opposing Passer rating (when compared against the passer rating of the QBs, Cleveland was .4 better, but did not face nearly the same level QBs). They also sported the best opposing passer rating on the road by a long shot. This also wasn't some fluke. They were #2 last year, behind only Seattle's 64.5 (the best since 2009). Buffalo also lead the league in fewest TDs per game and most sacks per game. And that was with their prize MLB out for the season. They are a great team that just needs a few pieces on offense to break through.

I don't doubt your conclusion, I think they have a great team but the fact is they have no qb and Kyle Orton is not going to lead them through the postseason. They don't need a few pieces they need one piece, that's the same piece every team that doesn't have a great quarterback needs.

Now as far as your stats, we're getting a little selective aren't we? Manning beat them. How badly was he supposed to beat them to satisfy? I went to ESPN to look up the game they won against NE in week 17th, the header to the page was "Orton, Bills beat disinterested Patriots 17-9." Yeah that sounds like an epic battle, Bills really showed what they were made out of :P Brady didn't play the second half and they sat Edelman and Gronk. Really bro?
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 4:02:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/8/2015 3:42:30 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 2/8/2015 1:37:46 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 2/8/2015 8:29:43 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 2/7/2015 11:20:54 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 2/7/2015 10:12:05 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 2/6/2015 10:55:41 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I stand by my Bills prediction last year. I hope they draft Manion and strengthen their OL.

No QB=no chance

When you have a defense that can embarrass Manning, Rodgers, and Brady, you always have a chance.

They embarrassed them by losing to them? I think the only one of them they beat was Rodgers.

They embarrassed manning by ending his TD passing streak, and picking him off twice. They beat Rodgers and split with Brady. Also, they spotted the leagues best opposing Passer rating (when compared against the passer rating of the QBs, Cleveland was .4 better, but did not face nearly the same level QBs). They also sported the best opposing passer rating on the road by a long shot. This also wasn't some fluke. They were #2 last year, behind only Seattle's 64.5 (the best since 2009). Buffalo also lead the league in fewest TDs per game and most sacks per game. And that was with their prize MLB out for the season. They are a great team that just needs a few pieces on offense to break through.

I don't doubt your conclusion, I think they have a great team but the fact is they have no qb and Kyle Orton is not going to lead them through the postseason. They don't need a few pieces they need one piece, that's the same piece every team that doesn't have a great quarterback needs.

They still need a better OLine to protect the QB.


Now as far as your stats, we're getting a little selective aren't we? Manning beat them. How badly was he supposed to beat them to satisfy?

Manning had no TDs and 2 pinks with only 173 yards. Don't try to say the win was because of Manning. C.J. Had 3 rushing TDs, he is the one that won that game for them.

I went to ESPN to look up the game they won against NE in week 17th, the header to the page was "Orton, Bills beat disinterested Patriots 17-9." Yeah that sounds like an epic battle, Bills really showed what they were made out of :P Brady didn't play the second half and they sat Edelman and Gronk. Really bro?

The game was meaningless to both teams, not just the Pats. And that doesn't dismiss that their defense has been good all season and for many seasons. They just don't have an offense.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 8:14:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/8/2015 4:02:00 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

They still need a better OLine to protect the QB.

That too. Still can't win a Superbowl without a QB.

Now as far as your stats, we're getting a little selective aren't we? Manning beat them. How badly was he supposed to beat them to satisfy?

Manning had no TDs and 2 pinks with only 173 yards. Don't try to say the win was because of Manning. C.J. Had 3 rushing TDs, he is the one that won that game for them.

I won't say the win was because of Manning, if you don't say (which was the original point we were arguing) that the Bills showed up against an elite QB. At the end of the season Manning fell apart, he had a bad hammy (I believe it was) and was terrible for every game after week 12 against the Phins. Consider Manning's stats in weeks:
13: 179 pass yds, 2 TD
14: Bills game
15: 233 yds, 1 TD
16: 311 yds, 2 TD 4 INT
17: 273 yds, 0 TD
DIV: 211 yds, 1 TD

You're casting the Bills as a team that shut down an elite QB, when in fact the Bills game was part of a six-game streak in which Manning was injured and playing like absolute garbage. He couldn't throw. The numbers up there are something you'd expect from Christian Ponder, not Peyton Manning.

I went to ESPN to look up the game they won against NE in week 17th, the header to the page was "Orton, Bills beat disinterested Patriots 17-9." Yeah that sounds like an epic battle, Bills really showed what they were made out of :P Brady didn't play the second half and they sat Edelman and Gronk. Really bro?

The game was meaningless to both teams, not just the Pats. And that doesn't dismiss that their defense has been good all season and for many seasons. They just don't have an offense.

Meaningless or not Brady sat the second half and didn't have his receivers. For you to say the Bills shut down an elite quarterback that day is ridiculous!
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 8:43:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/8/2015 8:14:29 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 2/8/2015 4:02:00 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

They still need a better OLine to protect the QB.

That too. Still can't win a Superbowl without a QB.

Now as far as your stats, we're getting a little selective aren't we? Manning beat them. How badly was he supposed to beat them to satisfy?

Manning had no TDs and 2 pinks with only 173 yards. Don't try to say the win was because of Manning. C.J. Had 3 rushing TDs, he is the one that won that game for them.

I won't say the win was because of Manning, if you don't say (which was the original point we were arguing) that the Bills showed up against an elite QB. At the end of the season Manning fell apart, he had a bad hammy (I believe it was) and was terrible for every game after week 12 against the Phins. Consider Manning's stats in weeks:
13: 179 pass yds, 2 TD
14: Bills game
15: 233 yds, 1 TD
16: 311 yds, 2 TD 4 INT
17: 273 yds, 0 TD
DIV: 211 yds, 1 TD

You're casting the Bills as a team that shut down an elite QB, when in fact the Bills game was part of a six-game streak in which Manning was injured and playing like absolute garbage. He couldn't throw. The numbers up there are something you'd expect from Christian Ponder, not Peyton Manning.

http://m.espn.go.com...

Manning was injured the week after the Bills game. You cannot blame his poor performance that game on an injury.


I went to ESPN to look up the game they won against NE in week 17th, the header to the page was "Orton, Bills beat disinterested Patriots 17-9." Yeah that sounds like an epic battle, Bills really showed what they were made out of :P Brady didn't play the second half and they sat Edelman and Gronk. Really bro?

The game was meaningless to both teams, not just the Pats. And that doesn't dismiss that their defense has been good all season and for many seasons. They just don't have an offense.

Meaningless or not Brady sat the second half and didn't have his receivers. For you to say the Bills shut down an elite quarterback that day is ridiculous!

Statistical, he was. And it wasn't just him. As pointed out, they have the best passer rating differential in the league, have given up the fewest TDs per game, and have the most sacks per game. Like it or not, they have had a consistently strong defense, and 2015 is looking to be even stronger.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 9:39:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/8/2015 8:43:09 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Manning was injured the week after the Bills game. You cannot blame his poor performance that game on an injury.

week - yds/TD/INT
1 - 269/3/0
2 - 242/3/0
3 - 303/2/1
4 - 479/4/2
5 - 237/3/0
6 - 318/4/0
BYE
8 - 286/3/0
9 - 438/2/2
10- 340/5/2
11- 389/1/2
12 - 257/4/0
~//~
13 - 179/2/0
BUF - 173/0/2
15 - 233/1/0
16 - 311/2/4
17 - 273/0/0
DIV - 211/1/0

There is clearly a Peyton Manning of the first half of the season, and a Peyton Manning of the second half. There's not one game in the first section that is bad, and not one game in the second that is good. They reported he originally injured it in week 15, but 1) there's no official need to report that correctly, injuries are often concealed and 2) the numbers do not agree with what they reported. Maybe there was something else we are not hearing, maybe that even contributed to the Chargers' game incident.

If there were a game or two he didn't do well in earlier, or a game or two he did do well in later then there'd be some reason for doubt. But there are no outliers. 11 MVP-caliber games (he would have gotten it over Rodgers, no doubt) followed by six absolutely pitiful ones. Since when does Peyton Manning throw for <200 yds? He's only done that one other time since he came back from surgery, and he just happens to get two back-to-back? And then he just happens to have four horrific games on top of that? I'm sorry that is not computing, he was averaging 323 yds/game and then suddenly only 230? His TD/INT was 34/9 and then 6/6? That's not Peyton Manning. No sirree.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 9:50:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Week 13 was not a poor performance, and was certainly better than week 11. Yardage means little when it turns into turnovers, not points. This puts the divide with the Bills game, as either before or after. Even without that one game, the Bills have a top passing defense (already evidenced before) and the Broncos, who no longer have any reason to hide his injury, already said that his injury, which prevented him from playing well, occurred the week after and cited the play it happened on. All evidence points that his performance on the Bills game was not because he was injured or incapable.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 1:24:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/8/2015 9:50:10 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Week 13 was not a poor performance, and was certainly better than week 11. Yardage means little when it turns into turnovers, not points.
11- 389/1/2
13- 179/2/0

He threw for over 2x as many yards in week 11! If your QB moves you down the field and the RB gets the TD, then the QB has done his job in my book. Almost 400 yards is elite. Less than 200 yards is an utter failure and a measley 2 TDs doesn't make up for that. He was obviously intentionally limiting himself because he was HURT.

If you don't think 389 yards is elite-level play, then why don't you look at other quarterbacks? Alex Smith has been playing since 2005, and you know how many times he's gotten 389 yards? Never. His best was 311 yards, and he's played in over 100 games. Why don't you ask Alex Smith how good 389 yards is? Do you think he'll minimize it like you? I doubt it ;) I obviously can't research every QB in the league, but some QBs I found who have not eclipsed even 350 yards ever in their careers:

Jake Locker
RG3
EJ Manuel
Teddy Bridgewater
Drew Stanton
Shaun Hill
And any of the various QBs on the rosters of the Raiders, Titan, Jags, or Browns.

These QBs have combined for hundreds of games played without ever breaking 350 yards, because doing that is something that takes a lot of talent. Your dismissal of 389 yards being a great game is selective; rhetorical. These sub-par QBs have sub-200 yard games all the time, yet Manning has only had one of those since he had surgery. And the Rams have a decent-enough defense, it wasn't like it was a fluke... those guys have more first-round draft picks in their front-seven than anybody, mostly because of the botched trade from Washington for RG3.

I doubt any of the aforementioned quarterbacks could support you in your argument that 389 yards was not a good day.

This puts the divide with the Bills game, as either before or after. Even without that one game, the Bills have a top passing defense (already evidenced before) and the Broncos, who no longer have any reason to hide his injury, already said that his injury, which prevented him from playing well, occurred the week after and cited the play it happened on. All evidence points that his performance on the Bills game was not because he was injured or incapable.

There's always reason to hide the truth, the whole reason why there is protocol for disclosing it in the first place is because they hide it so regularly, so instinctively. Perhaps Manning was already sore and then aggravated it on that play. Perhaps it was something else entirely, like a personal or health issue that they didn't feel the need to tell us. This unknown could have precipitated the major injury... all I know is that the numbers are pretty clear, and they speak to me louder than what the Broncos felt like reporting about Manning's injury.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 8:40:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/9/2015 1:24:19 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 2/8/2015 9:50:10 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Week 13 was not a poor performance, and was certainly better than week 11. Yardage means little when it turns into turnovers, not points.
11- 389/1/2
13- 179/2/0

He threw for over 2x as many yards in week 11! If your QB moves you down the field and the RB gets the TD, then the QB has done his job in my book. Almost 400 yards is elite. Less than 200 yards is an utter failure and a measley 2 TDs doesn't make up for that. He was obviously intentionally limiting himself because he was HURT.

If you don't think 389 yards is elite-level play, then why don't you look at other quarterbacks? Alex Smith has been playing since 2005, and you know how many times he's gotten 389 yards? Never. His best was 311 yards, and he's played in over 100 games. Why don't you ask Alex Smith how good 389 yards is? Do you think he'll minimize it like you? I doubt it ;) I obviously can't research every QB in the league, but some QBs I found who have not eclipsed even 350 yards ever in their careers:

Jake Locker
RG3
EJ Manuel
Teddy Bridgewater
Drew Stanton
Shaun Hill
And any of the various QBs on the rosters of the Raiders, Titan, Jags, or Browns.

These QBs have combined for hundreds of games played without ever breaking 350 yards, because doing that is something that takes a lot of talent. Your dismissal of 389 yards being a great game is selective; rhetorical. These sub-par QBs have sub-200 yard games all the time, yet Manning has only had one of those since he had surgery. And the Rams have a decent-enough defense, it wasn't like it was a fluke... those guys have more first-round draft picks in their front-seven than anybody, mostly because of the botched trade from Washington for RG3.

I doubt any of the aforementioned quarterbacks could support you in your argument that 389 yards was not a good day.

The QBR, which measures the impact of every player on every play (to determine if a QB's success is based on their own skill, or that of their line or WRs).

Here's some more info for it.
http://espn.go.com...
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Week 11 was a 75.3 while week 13 was an 85.3 (also, Buffalo was his worst of the season, 56.9).

If you really believe that just a ton of yards = great QB, you must think that Connor Holliday is one of the best QBs to come out of college, or Sean Manion. After all, they had a ton of passing yards. And clearly Tannehill is a better QB than Wilson (4,000+ passing yards to not even 3,500)


This puts the divide with the Bills game, as either before or after. Even without that one game, the Bills have a top passing defense (already evidenced before) and the Broncos, who no longer have any reason to hide his injury, already said that his injury, which prevented him from playing well, occurred the week after and cited the play it happened on. All evidence points that his performance on the Bills game was not because he was injured or incapable.

There's always reason to hide the truth, the whole reason why there is protocol for disclosing it in the first place is because they hide it so regularly, so instinctively. Perhaps Manning was already sore and then aggravated it on that play. Perhaps it was something else entirely, like a personal or health issue that they didn't feel the need to tell us. This unknown could have precipitated the major injury... all I know is that the numbers are pretty clear, and they speak to me louder than what the Broncos felt like reporting about Manning's injury.

Yes they do, they show that he was injured in week 15
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 9:00:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/16/2015 8:40:33 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 2/9/2015 1:24:19 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 2/8/2015 9:50:10 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Week 13 was not a poor performance, and was certainly better than week 11. Yardage means little when it turns into turnovers, not points.
11- 389/1/2
13- 179/2/0

He threw for over 2x as many yards in week 11! If your QB moves you down the field and the RB gets the TD, then the QB has done his job in my book. Almost 400 yards is elite. Less than 200 yards is an utter failure and a measley 2 TDs doesn't make up for that. He was obviously intentionally limiting himself because he was HURT.

If you don't think 389 yards is elite-level play, then why don't you look at other quarterbacks? Alex Smith has been playing since 2005, and you know how many times he's gotten 389 yards? Never. His best was 311 yards, and he's played in over 100 games. Why don't you ask Alex Smith how good 389 yards is? Do you think he'll minimize it like you? I doubt it ;) I obviously can't research every QB in the league, but some QBs I found who have not eclipsed even 350 yards ever in their careers:

Jake Locker
RG3
EJ Manuel
Teddy Bridgewater
Drew Stanton
Shaun Hill
And any of the various QBs on the rosters of the Raiders, Titan, Jags, or Browns.

These QBs have combined for hundreds of games played without ever breaking 350 yards, because doing that is something that takes a lot of talent. Your dismissal of 389 yards being a great game is selective; rhetorical. These sub-par QBs have sub-200 yard games all the time, yet Manning has only had one of those since he had surgery. And the Rams have a decent-enough defense, it wasn't like it was a fluke... those guys have more first-round draft picks in their front-seven than anybody, mostly because of the botched trade from Washington for RG3.

I doubt any of the aforementioned quarterbacks could support you in your argument that 389 yards was not a good day.

The QBR, which measures the impact of every player on every play (to determine if a QB's success is based on their own skill, or that of their line or WRs).

Here's some more info for it.
http://espn.go.com...
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Week 11 was a 75.3 while week 13 was an 85.3 (also, Buffalo was his worst of the season, 56.9).

That doesn't address my point.

If you really believe that just a ton of yards = great QB, you must think that Connor Holliday is one of the best QBs to come out of college, or Sean Manion. After all, they had a ton of passing yards. And clearly Tannehill is a better QB than Wilson (4,000+ passing yards to not even 3,500)

Yeah I do think Tannehill is better than Wilson. And it's marvelous that the most overrated player in football has finally had his wings clipped after horrid performances against Green Bay and New England just recently. He's been riding the best defense and running-game (as in the run-blocking and running-back) in the league for the past three years and his flaws are finally beginning to come to the surface. Wilson can scoot around, and yes he makes some amazing throws while scooting. But being able to run as a QB is not as important as being able to throw as a QB. Running QBs have never taken over the league as they were promised, the only reason Wilson got a ring is because he's on the best overall team in the NFL with a great coach and he's not so glaringly bad (until recently) that he didn't screw it up. He threw three picks against Green Bay and he set a Superbowl record (don't quote me, I thought I heard them say it during the game) against New England with how long it took him to actually make a completion. Wilson's lack of yardage is a great indicator of his lack of quality. There's a reason why QBs like Rodgers, Manning, and Brady consistently rack up large amounts of yardage while QBs like Wilson and Smith don't. There's no mystery here, no conspiracy.

This puts the divide with the Bills game, as either before or after. Even without that one game, the Bills have a top passing defense (already evidenced before) and the Broncos, who no longer have any reason to hide his injury, already said that his injury, which prevented him from playing well, occurred the week after and cited the play it happened on. All evidence points that his performance on the Bills game was not because he was injured or incapable.

There's always reason to hide the truth, the whole reason why there is protocol for disclosing it in the first place is because they hide it so regularly, so instinctively. Perhaps Manning was already sore and then aggravated it on that play. Perhaps it was something else entirely, like a personal or health issue that they didn't feel the need to tell us. This unknown could have precipitated the major injury... all I know is that the numbers are pretty clear, and they speak to me louder than what the Broncos felt like reporting about Manning's injury.

Yes they do, they show that he was injured in week 15
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 10:16:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 9:00:11 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 2/16/2015 8:40:33 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 2/9/2015 1:24:19 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 2/8/2015 9:50:10 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Week 13 was not a poor performance, and was certainly better than week 11. Yardage means little when it turns into turnovers, not points.
11- 389/1/2
13- 179/2/0

He threw for over 2x as many yards in week 11! If your QB moves you down the field and the RB gets the TD, then the QB has done his job in my book. Almost 400 yards is elite. Less than 200 yards is an utter failure and a measley 2 TDs doesn't make up for that. He was obviously intentionally limiting himself because he was HURT.

If you don't think 389 yards is elite-level play, then why don't you look at other quarterbacks? Alex Smith has been playing since 2005, and you know how many times he's gotten 389 yards? Never. His best was 311 yards, and he's played in over 100 games. Why don't you ask Alex Smith how good 389 yards is? Do you think he'll minimize it like you? I doubt it ;) I obviously can't research every QB in the league, but some QBs I found who have not eclipsed even 350 yards ever in their careers:

Jake Locker
RG3
EJ Manuel
Teddy Bridgewater
Drew Stanton
Shaun Hill
And any of the various QBs on the rosters of the Raiders, Titan, Jags, or Browns.

These QBs have combined for hundreds of games played without ever breaking 350 yards, because doing that is something that takes a lot of talent. Your dismissal of 389 yards being a great game is selective; rhetorical. These sub-par QBs have sub-200 yard games all the time, yet Manning has only had one of those since he had surgery. And the Rams have a decent-enough defense, it wasn't like it was a fluke... those guys have more first-round draft picks in their front-seven than anybody, mostly because of the botched trade from Washington for RG3.

I doubt any of the aforementioned quarterbacks could support you in your argument that 389 yards was not a good day.

The QBR, which measures the impact of every player on every play (to determine if a QB's success is based on their own skill, or that of their line or WRs).

Here's some more info for it.
http://espn.go.com...
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Week 11 was a 75.3 while week 13 was an 85.3 (also, Buffalo was his worst of the season, 56.9).

That doesn't address my point.

No, it refutes it.


If you really believe that just a ton of yards = great QB, you must think that Connor Holliday is one of the best QBs to come out of college, or Sean Manion. After all, they had a ton of passing yards. And clearly Tannehill is a better QB than Wilson (4,000+ passing yards to not even 3,500)

Yeah I do think Tannehill is better than Wilson. And it's marvelous that the most overrated player in football has finally had his wings clipped after horrid performances against Green Bay and New England just recently. He's been riding the best defense and running-game (as in the run-blocking and running-back) in the league for the past three years and his flaws are finally beginning to come to the surface. Wilson can scoot around, and yes he makes some amazing throws while scooting. But being able to run as a QB is not as important as being able to throw as a QB. Running QBs have never taken over the league as they were promised, the only reason Wilson got a ring is because he's on the best overall team in the NFL with a great coach and he's not so glaringly bad (until recently) that he didn't screw it up. He threw three picks against Green Bay and he set a Superbowl record (don't quote me, I thought I heard them say it during the game) against New England with how long it took him to actually make a completion. Wilson's lack of yardage is a great indicator of his lack of quality. There's a reason why QBs like Rodgers, Manning, and Brady consistently rack up large amounts of yardage while QBs like Wilson and Smith don't. There's no mystery here, no conspiracy

He didn't set the record, he almost did, but didn't (something like 30 seconds or so). In the last 3 Super Bowls, there have been 6 QBs, 3 of them runners (or running able). With one of the worst recieving corps in the league, Wilson still managed one 1 point below Brady on completion percentage and only 2 points lower passer rating (which only looks at passing, not running numbers). Your analysis is getting sad.
.

This puts the divide with the Bills game, as either before or after. Even without that one game, the Bills have a top passing defense (already evidenced before) and the Broncos, who no longer have any reason to hide his injury, already said that his injury, which prevented him from playing well, occurred the week after and cited the play it happened on. All evidence points that his performance on the Bills game was not because he was injured or incapable.

There's always reason to hide the truth, the whole reason why there is protocol for disclosing it in the first place is because they hide it so regularly, so instinctively. Perhaps Manning was already sore and then aggravated it on that play. Perhaps it was something else entirely, like a personal or health issue that they didn't feel the need to tell us. This unknown could have precipitated the major injury... all I know is that the numbers are pretty clear, and they speak to me louder than what the Broncos felt like reporting about Manning's injury.

Yes they do, they show that he was injured in week 15
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 10:43:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 10:16:25 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Yeah I do think Tannehill is better than Wilson. And it's marvelous that the most overrated player in football has finally had his wings clipped after horrid performances against Green Bay and New England just recently. He's been riding the best defense and running-game (as in the run-blocking and running-back) in the league for the past three years and his flaws are finally beginning to come to the surface. Wilson can scoot around, and yes he makes some amazing throws while scooting. But being able to run as a QB is not as important as being able to throw as a QB. Running QBs have never taken over the league as they were promised, the only reason Wilson got a ring is because he's on the best overall team in the NFL with a great coach and he's not so glaringly bad (until recently) that he didn't screw it up. He threw three picks against Green Bay and he set a Superbowl record (don't quote me, I thought I heard them say it during the game) against New England with how long it took him to actually make a completion. Wilson's lack of yardage is a great indicator of his lack of quality. There's a reason why QBs like Rodgers, Manning, and Brady consistently rack up large amounts of yardage while QBs like Wilson and Smith don't. There's no mystery here, no conspiracy

He didn't set the record, he almost did, but didn't (something like 30 seconds or so). In the last 3 Super Bowls, there have been 6 QBs, 3 of them runners (or running able).

Yeah 2 were Wilson and one was Kaepernick. In each case, you've got the very best teams in the league - the 49ers of two years ago and the Hawks - which are hiding the flaws of the QBs. Kaepernick and Wilson had ultra-solid runningbacks and o-lines to run-block for them, as well as high-profile defenses. Kaepernick even had elite weapons in the passing game (V Davis and M Crabtree) and still couldn't pull it off, it was pathetic!

With one of the worst recieving corps in the league, Wilson still managed one 1 point below Brady on completion percentage and only 2 points lower passer rating (which only looks at passing, not running numbers). Your analysis is getting sad.

Oh please, if anybody looks at the box score stats for Brady and Wilson in the Superbowl it's like night and day, Brady demolished Wilson:
Brady: 4 TDs, 37 completions, 328 yards
Wilson: 2 TDs, 12 completions, 248 yards, game-losing interception
Since you're having trouble interpreting the stats, let me outline it for you - Brady had twice as many touchdowns, over three times as many completions, 80 more yards, and didn't make a fatal error by trying to force a ball in when they had extra downs to work with.

Wilson might not have a great receiving corps but teams have to respect Lynch and that power-running game so he gets better opportunities than Brady does.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 1:22:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/20/2015 10:43:29 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 2/20/2015 10:16:25 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Yeah I do think Tannehill is better than Wilson. And it's marvelous that the most overrated player in football has finally had his wings clipped after horrid performances against Green Bay and New England just recently. He's been riding the best defense and running-game (as in the run-blocking and running-back) in the league for the past three years and his flaws are finally beginning to come to the surface. Wilson can scoot around, and yes he makes some amazing throws while scooting. But being able to run as a QB is not as important as being able to throw as a QB. Running QBs have never taken over the league as they were promised, the only reason Wilson got a ring is because he's on the best overall team in the NFL with a great coach and he's not so glaringly bad (until recently) that he didn't screw it up. He threw three picks against Green Bay and he set a Superbowl record (don't quote me, I thought I heard them say it during the game) against New England with how long it took him to actually make a completion. Wilson's lack of yardage is a great indicator of his lack of quality. There's a reason why QBs like Rodgers, Manning, and Brady consistently rack up large amounts of yardage while QBs like Wilson and Smith don't. There's no mystery here, no conspiracy

He didn't set the record, he almost did, but didn't (something like 30 seconds or so). In the last 3 Super Bowls, there have been 6 QBs, 3 of them runners (or running able).

Yeah 2 were Wilson and one was Kaepernick. In each case, you've got the very best teams in the league - the 49ers of two years ago and the Hawks - which are hiding the flaws of the QBs. Kaepernick and Wilson had ultra-solid runningbacks and o-lines to run-block for them, as well as high-profile defenses. Kaepernick even had elite weapons in the passing game (V Davis and M Crabtree) and still couldn't pull it off, it was pathetic!

With one of the worst recieving corps in the league, Wilson still managed one 1 point below Brady on completion percentage and only 2 points lower passer rating (which only looks at passing, not running numbers). Your analysis is getting sad.

Oh please, if anybody looks at the box score stats for Brady and Wilson in the Superbowl it's like night and day, Brady demolished Wilson:
Brady: 4 TDs, 37 completions, 328 yards, 2 interceptions
Wilson: 2 TDs, 12 completions, 248 yards, game-losing interception
Since you're having trouble interpreting the stats, let me outline it for you - Brady had twice as many touchdowns, over three times as many completions, 80 more yards, and didn't make a fatal error by trying to force a ball in when they had extra downs to work with.

Wilson might not have a great receiving corps but teams have to respect Lynch and that power-running game so he gets better opportunities than Brady does.

Fixed, since you seemed to miss that stat.

Brady took 37 completion to get 328 yards. Wilson took only 12 to get 248 yards, and you seem to think that he can't play QB, lol.

How about this, this year, in 3rd (and 4th) and long (meaning 9 or more yards to go).
Brady - 30 for 50 (60.0% completion) with 6.98 yards per attempt.
Tannehill - 29 for 58 (50.0% completion) with only 5.00 yards per attempt.
Wilson - 33 for 54 (61.1% completion) with 8.46 yards per attempt.

On 3 (or 4th) and long, Wilson was better this year than Tom Brady, and way ahead of Tannehill.

On passes deeper than 20 yards
Brady - 12 for 48 (25%) for 427 yards, 4 TDs and 1 int.
Tannehill - 9 for 42 (21.4%) for 314 yards, 2 TDs and 2 ints.
Wilson - 15 for 45 (33.3%) for 587 yards, for 5 TDs and 2 ints.

But no, Wilson is not a good QB who is capable of throwing the ball.

Oh, and for comparision, Luck is also only 50% on 3rd (or 4th) and long. But for the deep ball, he is 29 for 74 (39.2%, I believe the best in the league) for 1052 yards, 11 TDs to 3 ints.

Is wilson the best? Of course not, but he is significantly better than Tannehill and it is laughable that anyone would think otherwise. Anyway, this is just to show that yardage =/= good QB.

Also, especially if you are only looking at single games.

Ryan Fitzpatrick threw for 358 yards and 6 TDs (and no picks) against Tennesse this year. Not to mention a 402 against Arizona in 2013, and 350 against the Pats in 2012, a 369 against the Pats in 2011, and a 382 against Baltamore in 2010. Bad QBs can get high yardage if the offense is pass orientated, so a single game of Manning getting a lot of yards (with a bunch of picks) is not necessarily a good game or indicative of a "MVP" caliber player.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 1:55:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Actually, Andrew Luck leading that category for deep passes is not accurate. I will get more numbers shortly (compiling now, because I'm drunk and bored).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 2:07:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
So far I've looked at just the top 10 QBs according to passer rating (Wilson ranked #10).

When it came to long passes, the average was 9.9% of passing attempts were 20+ yards (Wilson was 10.0%, 45 out of 452. The top was Palmer at 12.9% and the bottom was Brees at 7.9%). The average completion was 39.9% (Wilson was 33.3%. The top was Rodgers and Manning, tied at 50% and the bottom was Brady at 25.0%). Yards per attempt average was 14.83 (Wilson was 13.04. The top was Rodgers at 20.58 and the bottom was Brady at 8.90). The average TDs per 100 long attempts was 15.3 (Wilson was 11.1, while the top was Rodgers at 22.9 and the bottom was Brady at 8.3). Int/100 long passes had an average of 3.8 (Wilson was 4.4 with Palmer at the top of 0, and Manning next at 1.8, with Brees the worst at 7.7).

Remember, this is just of top 10 QBs.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 4:08:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
So interesting thing. The top 10 averaged 9.9% of their pass attempts were for long (meaning 20+ yards in the air). For average for all 33 qualified QBs was also 9.9%. But the top 1/3 are at about average, the middle 1/3 are more cautious at 8.8%, while the bottom 1/3 are the most risky at 11.8%. It seems like players are more risky to try to force things and so do bad. They then get over caution which helps a bit to move into the middle, but the top or elite find out how to make it work and not be intimidated by it.

For going deep, the average is 9.9% of attempts, and being 15.3 for 46.1 (33.1%) with 11.2 TDs per 100 deep attempts. For these, Wilson is pretty average (he was 15 for 45 at 33.3% with 11.1 TD's per 100 deep attempts), but he was above average for all of the other stats (he had 589 yards to the average 549, 4.4 ints per 100 to the average of 6.5 ints per 100, and 13.04 yards per attempt to 11.91 yards per attempt). So for deep passing, he is above average.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 4:32:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
When it comes to deep passing (which is the main thing that I measure a QB's raw skill on, since it has more to do with their ability rather than just the play calls or run game or game management). The best QBs are...

1) Aaron Rodgers (He is #1 in completion%, YPA, TD/100 and top 5 for int/100)
2) Peyton Manning (#1 in completion%, #2 in YPA, and top 5 in TD/100 and int/100)
3) Tony Romo (top 10 in long attempts%, top 5 in completion% and YPA and #2 in TD/100)
4) Andrew Luck (top 10 in long attempts%, completion%, YPA, and TD/100)
5) Drew Brees (top 5 in completion%, YPA and TD/100, however bottom 5 in long attempts%)

Honorable mention to Fitzpatrick who had top 5 in completion%, YPA and TD/100, but with only 312, attempts, he did not have as big a body of work.

The worst QBs are...

5) Eli Manning (Bottom 5 in long attempts% and TD/100 with a bottom 10 in completion%)
4) Blake Bortles (Bottom 5 in int/100 and bottom 10 attempts%, completion%, YPA, and TD/100)
3) Ryan Tannehill (Bottom 5 in attmepts%, completion%, YPA, and TD/100)
2) Geno Smith (#1 worst in completion%, YPA, and int/100 and bottom 10 in TD/100)
1) Alex Smith (#1 worst in completion%, attempts%, and TD/100 [only player to have 0 TDs], #2 worst in YPA, and bottom 10 in int/100)

Dishonorable mention to Nick Foles (Bottom 5 in completion%, YPA, and int/100, but #1 in attempt% [at least he keeps trying] and top 10 in TD/100) and Tom Brady (bottom 10 in attempts%, completion%, and YPA, though top 10 in int/100).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 4:34:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
also interesting, Shaun Hill was the only player to not be in the top 10 or bottom 10 in any category, so he was completely average when it comes to deep passing.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 12:03:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm really excited for my team, the Panthers. We aren't losing any significant starters, we have a decent amount of cap room, and our rookie class from last year can only get better - and it's the opposite for the other NFC South teams, especially the Saints and Falcons. The Panthers can really seize an opportunity here to rule the NFC South for years.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 3:08:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/21/2015 12:03:53 PM, TN05 wrote:
I'm really excited for my team, the Panthers. We aren't losing any significant starters, we have a decent amount of cap room, and our rookie class from last year can only get better - and it's the opposite for the other NFC South teams, especially the Saints and Falcons. The Panthers can really seize an opportunity here to rule the NFC South for years.

There is another good WR class (not as good as last year, but still good). Panther's got Benny and could really use some more help on that front. Newton was hog tied because he had few targets to go to.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 3:40:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/21/2015 3:08:55 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 2/21/2015 12:03:53 PM, TN05 wrote:
I'm really excited for my team, the Panthers. We aren't losing any significant starters, we have a decent amount of cap room, and our rookie class from last year can only get better - and it's the opposite for the other NFC South teams, especially the Saints and Falcons. The Panthers can really seize an opportunity here to rule the NFC South for years.

There is another good WR class (not as good as last year, but still good). Panther's got Benny and could really use some more help on that front. Newton was hog tied because he had few targets to go to.

Yeah, if we can find another good receiver in the draft we'd be set. I mean, if Jonathan Stewart plays like he did to end the year, we resolve our issue at left tackle, and we find a more consistent #2 wideout, the Panthers could have one of the best offenses in the league.