Jump to topic:

George Steinbrenner (1930-2010)

USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2010 9:50:46 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
George Steinbrenner, owner of the New York Yankees since 1973, died this morning after a massive heart-attack, in Tampa, FL.

While I'm not a Yankees fan, "The Boss" was native to Bay Village, Ohio (Cleveland suburb), and of that I'm proud.

(He was also a loyal Ohio State Buckeye.)

Though I've always loathed the NYY, I respect what Steinbrenner did to resurrect the franchise and its entire brand. One cannot deny the impact this man had on all pro sports, not just Major League Baseball; and one cannot deny that his impact was global, not just limited to New York, or even the United States.

While I'll never like the Yankees, I'll always respect this man's legacy.

May he rest in peace.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2010 10:49:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 7/13/2010 9:50:46 AM, USAPitBull63 wrote:
George Steinbrenner, owner of the New York Yankees since 1973, died this morning after a massive heart-attack, in Tampa, FL.

While I'm not a Yankees fan, "The Boss" was native to Bay Village, Ohio (Cleveland suburb), and of that I'm proud.

(He was also a loyal Ohio State Buckeye.)

Though I've always loathed the NYY, I respect what Steinbrenner did to resurrect the franchise and its entire brand. One cannot deny the impact this man had on all pro sports, not just Major League Baseball; and one cannot deny that his impact was global, not just limited to New York, or even the United States.

While I'll never like the Yankees, I'll always respect this man's legacy.

May he rest in peace.

Yeah. It is sad.