Jump to topic:

Do you like Marshawn Lynch?

R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 12:45:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I usually watch Marshawn interviews with a gitty eagerness, wanting to see if he cracks. I also have to admit I watch with a hint of annoyance, that he thinks he's too good to talk... am I giving him a fair chance?

I decided to look him up. He had a spark when he entered the NFL but started getting injured. He also had significant off-the-field issues (DUI, hit and run, illegal fire arm). I remember when the Bills came to Green Bay six years ago to show him off because he was getting dropped in favor of Fred Jackson (the Hawks obviously beat GB to him).

I can relate to Lynch as to his difficulties, I've had my own problems with the law when I was that age and the injuries must have been tough to deal with, not to mention losing his spot on the Bills. And then one night New Orleans came to town and it happened:

https://www.youtube.com...

Lynch, in a herculean manor, put Century Link Field on the map by almost destroying it. The fans were stomping so much and yelling so loud that nearby seismic detectors were being tripped.

Lynch has been donating to charity and doesn't appear to be getting in trouble anymore. What do you think of him? Are his character issues worth judging him for as opposed to a squeaky-clean guy like his QB? Does he "get paid enough" to answer the questions during the time the media has with him? Do you find him entertaining, annoying, or unjustified in the ways he handles himself?

This is worded interestingly:

"
The statement noted officers spotted three men in a 2006 Mercedes Benz and recognized Lynch as the Bills' running back.

"A subsequent field investigation led to the discovery of a loaded firearm," the report said. "The officers determined the gun belonged to Lynch and he was arrested for possession of a concealed firearm."
"

I like how there's no mention of any reason why Lynch was suspected. Perhaps the ESPN writer was just saving space? Or perhaps Lynch was a nobody at the time and the readers can unconsciously read it as "officers spotted three [black] men in a Mercedes..."

http://sports.espn.go.com...

Wouldn't it be epic if Lynch retired and the Hawks drafted Melvin Gordon at #31? I wonder what the compensatory pick would be for the Hawks (assuming there would be one).

Marshawn and Gronk on Conan:
http://ftw.usatoday.com...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 8:42:36 PM
I'd rather see Lynch retire, Hawks grab AP and focus their draft picks on receivers. But really, I am biting my fingers off over how to feel about the Bills and Eagles. My two favorite players on the Bills were Alonso and Spiller. In fact, Alonso was the reason I pegged the Bills to win this year. LeSean will definitely help, and they showed that they can have a top 3 defense without Alonso, so I guess I'm okay with it. But now I'm starting to like the Eagles, too.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 9:40:55 PM
At 3/4/2015 8:42:36 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I'd rather see Lynch retire, Hawks grab AP and focus their draft picks on receivers.

Just "grab" AP eh? ;)

But really, I am biting my fingers off over how to feel about the Bills and Eagles. My two favorite players on the Bills were Alonso and Spiller. In fact, Alonso was the reason I pegged the Bills to win this year. LeSean will definitely help, and they showed that they can have a top 3 defense without Alonso, so I guess I'm okay with it. But now I'm starting to like the Eagles, too.

Kelly is giving the Eagles class, DeSean (http://www.debate.org...) and LeSean had talent but they weren't good all around people; hard to root for. Got to like a guy who comes in and takes out the trash, making the decisions that couldn't be made before. Hearing LeSean's (probably misspelled) moaning immediately after was justifying... I bet Bill's fans are real excited about a guy who's getting traded and complaining about coming there lol

Eagles have always been my very distant second-favorite team, there's not a whole lot of love left over with the Packers playing walking distance from my house, being in the most football-centered community in the history of the world, and having a team that makes the playoffs like I make peanut-butter sandwiches. The last time they missed, there was a Bush in the White House. Anyway I've always liked the Eagles and now there's more of a reason to like them. They just bolstered their defense and now have some money to keep building. McCoy was a great RB but if there's one place you can afford to be short its the RB spot, because the line in general is so much more important to the run game. Speaking of AP, could you imagine AP going where he wants (Dallas) with that elite o-line they have there?
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 10:39:37 PM
At 3/4/2015 9:40:55 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 3/4/2015 8:42:36 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I'd rather see Lynch retire, Hawks grab AP and focus their draft picks on receivers.

Just "grab" AP eh? ;)

But really, I am biting my fingers off over how to feel about the Bills and Eagles. My two favorite players on the Bills were Alonso and Spiller. In fact, Alonso was the reason I pegged the Bills to win this year. LeSean will definitely help, and they showed that they can have a top 3 defense without Alonso, so I guess I'm okay with it. But now I'm starting to like the Eagles, too.

Kelly is giving the Eagles class, DeSean (http://www.debate.org...) and LeSean had talent but they weren't good all around people; hard to root for. Got to like a guy who comes in and takes out the trash, making the decisions that couldn't be made before. Hearing LeSean's (probably misspelled) moaning immediately after was justifying... I bet Bill's fans are real excited about a guy who's getting traded and complaining about coming there lol

Eagles have always been my very distant second-favorite team, there's not a whole lot of love left over with the Packers playing walking distance from my house, being in the most football-centered community in the history of the world, and having a team that makes the playoffs like I make peanut-butter sandwiches. The last time they missed, there was a Bush in the White House. Anyway I've always liked the Eagles and now there's more of a reason to like them. They just bolstered their defense and now have some money to keep building. McCoy was a great RB but if there's one place you can afford to be short its the RB spot, because the line in general is so much more important to the run game. Speaking of AP, could you imagine AP going where he wants (Dallas) with that elite o-line they have there?

Even after dropping Demarco's 1.6 million, the Cowboys only have $5.5 million in cap space. Though you might be able to talk Romo into taking a paycut from his current $27 million cap hit. So it might be possible to get AP, but they have other needs.

Seattle currently has $30 million in cap space, if Lynch leaves, that will bump them up to $39. After Russell gets his pay, maybe $25 mil left. That can get AP (especially if he will take a minor pay cut to go for a SB ring) and you can still get some better TE and WR.

Philly is in one hell of a good spot. They had $40 m and just offloaded $12 m. Let's say they pick up Spiller (probably not, Kelly has stated he wants a one-cut back and Spiller is not that) for $6 m (he is currently only at $5 m). That gives them $46 million in cap space to work with.

The two best teams right now with the best cap space are the Colts ($41 m) and Eagles ($40 m). Every team with more space than them is garbage, so they will be very attractive to players that want more than just money. Hell, the Colts have the money to go after Suh... Can you imagine how that alone would help them?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"