Football entertainment or business?

happymg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2015 11:01:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I am currently undertaking a dissertation working on the question;

Is football entertainment or enterprise? How have commercial opportunities impacted on grassroots football and the perceptions of players?

I'm looking for people to get involved and just make any statements you feel are relevant. Give your opinion! Debate and discuss your opinions. I may also like to ask you questions about your opinions.

I'm want to collect opinions and information from industry professionals and fans a like. Ranging across all football leagues in the UK.

Is football still the beautiful game? Has the millions of pounds being spent spoiled the games honesty?

Have international transfers ruined the grassroots structure?

Do the national football governing bodies do enough for little clubs as they should?

Can a team buy themselves trophies?

Are professional footballers role models?
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 5:18:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/18/2015 11:01:35 AM, happymg wrote:
I am currently undertaking a dissertation working on the question;

Is football entertainment or enterprise? How have commercial opportunities impacted on grassroots football and the perceptions of players?

I'm looking for people to get involved and just make any statements you feel are relevant. Give your opinion! Debate and discuss your opinions. I may also like to ask you questions about your opinions.

I'm want to collect opinions and information from industry professionals and fans a like. Ranging across all football leagues in the UK.

Is football still the beautiful game? Has the millions of pounds being spent spoiled the games honesty?

Have international transfers ruined the grassroots structure?

Do the national football governing bodies do enough for little clubs as they should?

Can a team buy themselves trophies?

Are professional footballers role models?

Why should the choice have to be made between entertainment and enterprise?
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.