Jump to topic:

Mayweather by unanimous decision

BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 12:03:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
All the hype, all the speculation, and it turned out to be a rout. I watched about 80% of the fight on a stream I found, and Mayweather pretty much controlled the fight from the outset with defense. Pac just couldnt get a hit on him. At all. Floyd either dodged or blocked everything. Pac was also able to attempt much fewer punches than he normally does. Even the commentators were saying that this isn't the Pacquiao we're used to seeing. He had a couple moments in R4 and R5, but thats about it.

Pacquiao said in post-fight interview that he thought he won the fight (lol) and thats why he continued to not play aggressively even in the last two rounds, by which people were saying that the only way he'd win is if he got a knockout. He was pretty salty.

I wanted Manny to win, because I absolutely despise domestic violence offenders, but at least the fight got to happen.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 12:17:17 AM
It was pretty disappointing.

Maybe if that chicken sh!t didn't clinch every time Pacquiao cornered him, maybe it would've been different.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 11:38:10 AM
At 5/3/2015 12:03:30 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
All the hype, all the speculation, and it turned out to be a rout. I watched about 80% of the fight on a stream I found, and Mayweather pretty much controlled the fight from the outset with defense. Pac just couldnt get a hit on him. At all. Floyd either dodged or blocked everything. Pac was also able to attempt much fewer punches than he normally does. Even the commentators were saying that this isn't the Pacquiao we're used to seeing. He had a couple moments in R4 and R5, but thats about it.

Pacquiao said in post-fight interview that he thought he won the fight (lol) and thats why he continued to not play aggressively even in the last two rounds, by which people were saying that the only way he'd win is if he got a knockout. He was pretty salty.

I wanted Manny to win, because I absolutely despise domestic violence offenders, but at least the fight got to happen.

I found the fight extremely boring. I have never really gotten into boxing and was pumped to see what was supposed to be a great sporting even.

Floyd danced around and avoided contact and Manny was not as aggressive as he needed to be. No one landed any great punches. Though Floyd won, he never really connected big on Manny.

It seems boxing rewards making soft hits to get the "point", and avoiding contact over fighting a good fight. It seems MMA is a much better sport than boxing. In my opinion, boxing should change the rules. Maybe a point if you knock your opponent down? Or, fight until a knockout happens? It seems stupid that Floyd's that the power of the punch is not really taken into account.
Chi_chillix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2015 10:15:32 PM

It seems boxing rewards making soft hits to get the "point", and avoiding contact over fighting a good fight. It seems MMA is a much better sport than boxing. In my opinion, boxing should change the rules. Maybe a point if you knock your opponent down? Or, fight until a knockout happens? It seems stupid that Floyd's that the power of the punch is not really taken into account.

It seems that boxing is similar to sports like Tennis and Golf, where unless you are an avid fan or participate in the sport yourself, it's hard to appreciate its technicality and (like tennis) it's physicality. Boxing isn't just about the knockout, and not getting hit is just as hard, if not harder than hitting someone. No doubt though, Floyd doesn't fight for show or for entertainment, he doesn't put it all on the line "for the people", he's a selfish fighter and fights like a businessman, he does just enough to win. It's for this reason why the layperson doesn't really get to see just how good Mayweather is, including his punching power. He is so defensive that the fight becomes boring for the average viewer, however anyone with a sound knowledge of boxing appreciates how difficult it is to do what he does, check hook counters, the straight right counter, the way he slips and evades effortlessly as well as his sublime movement and footwork.

Mayweather Senior probably said it best when he said his son is almost too good and a victim of his own success. It would be nice to see him give 110% though and not just do enough to win.
We are the result of what we have thought
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 6:30:45 PM

Manny probably fought on that day because he felt he had a duty to fight, but lost because (presumably) he was injured before he even stepped into the ring.

Manny was not at full game the entire fight, though, and May. knows it which is why he won't fight Manny again -now at least.

May. is an abusive, arrogant bastard, as well. The whole "winners win, losers have excuses" line was bullsh!t and we all know it.

Manny had an excuse... his rotator cuff was torn.

May. then proceeds to call Manny a "coward" because.... May. won't fight Manny again?

It's all so egregiously stupid, and the fight was a disappointment. I'm very glad I didn't spend the 89.99 US required to get it on PPV.
Tsar of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2015 9:15:51 PM
The greatest fight of the century that is supposed to revive the sport and it is boring as hell, and then more avid fans have the gal to blame the potential new fans that they just don't get it. Okay, we don't get it, have fun with the dying sport. Whose greatest fight is 2 guys that are well past their prime and one is injured to where Boxing is being sued for it by those fans.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 4:26:15 PM
At 5/8/2015 6:30:45 PM, YYW wrote:

Manny probably fought on that day because he felt he had a duty to fight, but lost because (presumably) he was injured before he even stepped into the ring.

Manny was not at full game the entire fight, though, and May. knows it which is why he won't fight Manny again -now at least.

May. is an abusive, arrogant bastard, as well. The whole "winners win, losers have excuses" line was bullsh!t and we all know it.

May. then proceeds to call Manny a "coward" because.... May. won't fight Manny again?

It's all so egregiously stupid, and the fight was a disappointment. I'm very glad I didn't spend the 89.99 US required to get it on PPV.

I now right? Floyd avoids fighting Manny for 6 years. Then Floyd, gets an unimpressive victory over an injured Manny and Floyd calls Manny a coward?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2015 5:13:53 PM
At 5/10/2015 4:26:15 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 5/8/2015 6:30:45 PM, YYW wrote:

I now right? Floyd avoids fighting Manny for 6 years. Then Floyd, gets an unimpressive victory over an injured Manny and Floyd calls Manny a coward?

It's pathetic, but Floyd Maywether's real skill is in avoiding getting hit... that's it.

He knows Manny, at fighting weight, would beat him.

However... if Manny thought that he could beat Floyd despite his injury, that's arrogant and he deserved to lose. My guess is that Manny felt like he owed it to his fans to fight, despite the injury, and let come what may.
Tsar of DDO
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 7:19:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 5:01:49 PM
I didn't watch it, but I'm glad I didn't. It was pretty disappointing.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~