Jump to topic:

LeBron James *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 4:08:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
If he wins this one some will say that he is the greatest of all time. Now he is averaging about 40 points per game in his first 3 games in an NBA Finals game. A bit higher than Michael Jordan at this point in term of percentages. What do you think ?
I didn't say he is better than Jordan now. =)
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 9:01:46 PM
At 6/11/2015 4:08:11 PM, inferno wrote:
If he wins this one some will say that he is the greatest of all time. Now he is averaging about 40 points per game in his first 3 games in an NBA Finals game. A bit higher than Michael Jordan at this point in term of percentages. What do you think ?

I am watching him as we speak. Wow.

Sometimes it seems as if he can score at will. This is something I used to think about Michael in his prime, as well as Kobe; Kareem; Doctor J; Dominique Wilkins, and, even though he was before my time: Wilt Chamberlain. Another old-timer to the list and an underrated one is Oscar Robertson.

But of all those Lebron is the best all-around, along with Michael. The Doc woulda made this short list too except his D was sometimes less than stellar.

Lebron will without a doubt go into the Hall and be considered one of the Top Three or so to ever lace up his sneaks in the NBA. Even if he were to stop playing after this season.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 11:50:32 AM
At 6/11/2015 9:01:46 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

I am watching him as we speak. Wow.

Sometimes it seems as if he can score at will. This is something I used to think about Michael in his prime, as well as Kobe; Kareem; Doctor J; Dominique Wilkins, and, even though he was before my time: Wilt Chamberlain. Another old-timer to the list and an underrated one is Oscar Robertson.

But of all those Lebron is the best all-around, along with Michael. The Doc woulda made this short list too except his D was sometimes less than stellar.

Lebron will without a doubt go into the Hall and be considered one of the Top Three or so to ever lace up his sneaks in the NBA. Even if he were to stop playing after this season.

Well it appears the tide has somewhat shifted after last nights game. We will see how this one ends though. Golden State has a chance to take this title back home and win it all. Thats if they play like the real Golden State Warriors. I think we saw that on last night. =)
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2015 8:33:05 PM

Warriors !
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2015 9:29:51 AM
At 6/12/2015 8:33:05 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

Warriors !

Warriors win !
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 10:39:17 AM
(IMO)There is no greatest of all time. I'll share a few reasons I say this:

1)Different positions or roles
2)Different era = different game to some degree
3)Played against different levels of talent that can't be defined or compared to each other.
4)No clear definition of what "best" player is.
5)Players from past didn't have same #'s to chase. In other words if Michael had been told he needed to reach a particular number that future players reach, wouldn't he have played differently to reach those numbers possibly? In other words, future players have his numbers as a goal. He did not have his final numbers as a goal to achieve. He is hendered by being in the past and being unable to defend his "crown" if you will.
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 10:44:15 AM
I believe you can be greatest of your time, and that is about it. What if defenses are 3 times softer today or were 3 times softer back then than now?
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2015 10:48:33 AM
A question I pose. Do you think Lebron's defense appears as strong as Jordan's? Who would you want to have the ball if your life depended on it? Who had more of a killer instinct? If I simply go by how it "seemed", I say Jordan "seemed" more complete. No on questioned Jordan's leadership, toughness, or passion. Lebron's has been at times. Just sayin...
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2015 3:25:39 PM
At 8/3/2015 10:48:33 AM, Sooner wrote:
A question I pose. Do you think Lebron's defense appears as strong as Jordan's? Who would you want to have the ball if your life depended on it? Who had more of a killer instinct? If I simply go by how it "seemed", I say Jordan "seemed" more complete. No on questioned Jordan's leadership, toughness, or passion. Lebron's has been at times. Just sayin...

Jordan. More athletic. More vision. More abstract. More mature. Do you wanna keep going.
robertacollier
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2015 6:11:35 AM
Jordan 6 titles/

James 2 titles.

The main stats I see for Jordan are a little better. I have more confidence in Jordan. If James wins a couple more titles, then it might be a discussion.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2015 4:11:49 PM
At 8/11/2015 3:25:39 PM, inferno wrote:

Jordan. More athletic. More vision. More abstract. More mature. Do you wanna keep going.

I'm just gonna throw this out there. Jordan's Team had the best 6th man in the league, Toni Kukoc, A great Defensive presence in Dennis Rodman, The Best 3pt Shooter at the time, Steve Kerr, and need I mention Scotty Pippin? (I understand earlier that is not the case, but then you factor in people like Horace Grant and John Paxson.) Ask yourself: Besides Kyrie Irving, what accomplished players did the Cavaliers have this year? (Keeping in mind Kyrie Irving was injured Game 2. )

So when you pose the question "Who would you want to have the ball if your life depended on it?" Remember: Steve Kerr hit a game winning shot for the bulls as well, only Lebron stepped up his game as he did.

This is not bashing Michael Jordan, he is a phenomenal player. However, he wasn't the only force accounting for the 6-Year Dynasty that were the Bulls. Lebron? Depends on the year.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2015 1:10:30 AM
At 9/2/2015 4:11:49 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:

I'm just gonna throw this out there. Jordan's Team had the best 6th man in the league, Toni Kukoc, A great Defensive presence in Dennis Rodman, The Best 3pt Shooter at the time, Steve Kerr, and need I mention Scotty Pippin? (I understand earlier that is not the case, but then you factor in people like Horace Grant and John Paxson.) Ask yourself: Besides Kyrie Irving, what accomplished players did the Cavaliers have this year? (Keeping in mind Kyrie Irving was injured Game 2. )

Dellavedova, Love, Mozgov, Shumpert... these are all accomplished players.

So when you pose the question "Who would you want to have the ball if your life depended on it?" Remember: Steve Kerr hit a game winning shot for the bulls as well, only Lebron stepped up his game as he did.

I don't see how this is relevant... Jordan is great in clutch.

This is not bashing Michael Jordan, he is a phenomenal player. However, he wasn't the only force accounting for the 6-Year Dynasty that were the Bulls. Lebron? Depends on the year.

I know. He was the biggest part, and proved that by phenomenal play. Not any player, even with a strong supporting cast, could do what Jordan did. LeBron has had a supporting cast every step of the way since he was initially traded to the Heat. If he wanted to prove he was *better* than Jordan, he should have stayed. Taking a team like that to 6 finals would be something. Heat? Not really.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2015 3:23:09 PM
At 9/3/2015 1:10:30 AM, ColeTrain wrote:

I know. He was the biggest part, and proved that by phenomenal play. Not any player, even with a strong supporting cast, could do what Jordan did. LeBron has had a supporting cast every step of the way since he was initially traded to the Heat. If he wanted to prove he was *better* than Jordan, he should have stayed. Taking a team like that to 6 finals would be something. Heat? Not really.

Interesting points of view.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 12:50:45 AM
At 9/5/2015 3:23:09 PM, inferno wrote:

Indeed. I believe forums are a great place to discuss sports. :)
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 2:18:17 PM
At 9/8/2015 12:50:45 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 9/5/2015 3:23:09 PM, inferno wrote:

Indeed. I believe forums are a great place to discuss sports. :)

In his prime, do you believe that Michael Jordan could beat LeBron James one on one.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 3:28:05 PM
In his prime, do you believe that Michael Jordan could beat LeBron James one on one.

Of course. Michael Jordan was so dynamic, and ultimately better at defense.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 4:50:56 PM
At 9/9/2015 3:28:05 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

Of course. Michael Jordan was so dynamic, and ultimately better at defense.

I agree. People think cause LeBron is bigger and stronger, that he would win.